Do You Do Repeat Cruising on Same RCI Ship?

cjdixon4

I've done 2 on Majesty, and will be doing my second on Enchantment in a couple of weeks. So, yes!

Each experience is different, so I don't mind.

After my 3rd time on Majesty I said "No more", but now that I know she is staying if someone wanted to go and they wanted to go on her again, I would go along. But that will be less likely when she moved out of Miami, but who knows what brings after that.

After my 3rd time on Majesty I said "No more", but now that I know she is staying if someone wanted to go and they wanted to go on her again, I would go along. But that will be less likely when she moved out of Miami, but who knows what brings after that.

I have 3 more booked on the Majesty just because I love the smaller older ships and will miss her after she repositions. I would love to add one more if I can swing it.

I'm a fit guy, but huge ships tend to exhaust me.

We book based on itinerary, price and port, with price/port sometimes being the more important!:D We have a second home in Satellite Beach which is about 15-20 mins away from Port Canaveral plus an easy drive to Tampa and an okay drive to Ft. Lauderdale/Miami so it is very easy to watch cruising prices for the times I know we are going to be in Florida and book something for that period.

Although we may cruise on the same ship, each cruise is unique to us.

Sherri:)

We have done 2 on Adventure, Allure, Freedom, and Mariner. Navigator took the lead with three back in March, but Oasis catches up on Saturday. We're trying Liberty for the first time next March, so we'll have to be fair and go on her again after that. :D

I can't image what would happen if we actually lived anywhere near a port.

We've sailed many of Royal's ships several times. What keeps us coming back is the excellent service by the crewmembers.

Just like you we have cruised on several ships multiple times....and as you say the crewmembers make for a good return visit, even though crew members change. Some ships just have an aura that regardless of who the crew members are, the level of service is good to excellent.

We did the Explorer back in 2009 and loved it so much just had to keep going back on her. Now with all these newer ship that are coming into Bayonne we can only cruise once a year because of the higher prices of the rooms. What we use to pay for a JR suite or even a grand suite we could do 2 a year no more. Would like to have one ship put here and stay for a few years so the prices can come down again.

Number one consideration for me while cruising is destinations. I don't care about the ships at all. Its not like they put a lot of work into making each ship "special" or "unique." They are all decorated the same, serve the same food in the same places in the same way...Even the quality of service you receive seems to somehow rise or decline as a matter of fleet-wide policy rather than individual ship politics.

That said, I'd RATHER be on the nice ships than the less nice ships... so OF COURSE i'd revisit the allure if given the option.

We've sailed Grandeur, Vision, Enchantment, Majesty, and Liberty at least twice each. I don't think we've ever said, oh I like this or that ship, let's go on it again. We always choose our cruises based on price and itinerary. When looking for a cruise we do look at Celebrity and RC first as they are our preferred lines, but ship is down the list in importance.

Yes. Sailed on Adventure last spring and have booked again for this coming summer. Great ship and crew.

Loved Enchantment and would sail her again if she were in PC which she won't be by the time I'm ready to book again. :mad:

Started cruising on RCL May 2013 and have been on many of their ships multiple times.

Oasis 2x, Indy 7x, Freedom 7x, Liberty 4x & Adventure 4x.

Being a smoker the Adventure has become my favorite ship because smoking is allowed on the starboard side, which is where the DL is located overlooking the BB court and next to the rock climbing wall.

Like it so much I have 17 cruises booked on the Adventure ( all paid in full ) starting Nov 28, 2015.

To me the Southern Caribbean is the best itinerary and is port intensive.

That said, I like to go to Spring Training in Tampa and then cruise on Brilliance, and I'll probably do that for the foreseeable future.

Other than that, I'm looking more at itinerary these days instead of price.

Good idea, I've never thought of that or heard it mentioned. I did enjoy one cruise out of Tampa and have a friend in the area. Thanks for that idea.

Started cruising on RCL May 2013 and have been on many of their ships multiple times.

Oasis 2x, Indy 7x, Freedom 7x, Liberty 4x & Adventure 4x.

Being a smoker the Adventure has become my favorite ship because smoking is allowed on the starboard side, which is where the DL is located overlooking the BB court and next to the rock climbing wall.

Like it so much I have 17 cruises booked on the Adventure ( all paid in full ) starting Nov 28, 2015.

To me the Southern Caribbean is the best itinerary and is port intensive.

Are you allowed to smoke outside in the DL deck?

Yes we have cruised the same ship many times. The primary reason is the location of the ship's embarkation port. We cruised the Rahpsody many times from Galveston, the Voyager after that, then the Mariner, then the Navigator and soon the Liberty. We have also taken cruises on other RCCL ships again like the Brilliance bass now out of Tampa.