Do You Do Repeat Cruising on Same RCI Ship?

cjdixon4

We have been on 25 cruises although only five have been with RCCL. We have sailed on Splendor, Jewel, Mariner, Independence, ( a little large for our tastes) and the Serenade.

Fort Lauderdale, San Pedro (LA), and New Orleans have been our ports of departure.

We sailed the Serenade for thirteen nights on a repo from New Orleans to Boston last April and thoroughly enjoyed the ship. It was the right size for us. We set sail next month on the Serenade again for ten nights to the Southern Caribbean from Fort Lauderdale. We enjoy the RCCL product.

We sailed on Explorer three times, although we did like this ship real reason fore repeat was a convenience of sailing out of Bayonne. We usually try not to repeat as we are collecting ship models.

Im sailing Grandeur for the third time in February. It is because that is the only ship that sails from Baltimore which is a 2 hour drive for me, but I do love the ship. Serenade I've been on twice just because thats the ship sailing the itinerary I wanted but she happens to be my favorite ship also.

Why wouldn't someone sail on a ship again, if they enjoyed it the first time they were on it?

We have enjoyed Her Majesty of the seas many times, and that ship has been repeating the same itinerary for years. As we approach our 12th time on her, it feels like going to our vacation home..... a place we know where everything and likely won't be disappointed in the neighborhood.

People buy a timeshare week and although they can trade in their time, often go the same week year in year out....no different than going on a ship time after time.

Why wouldn't someone sail on a ship again, if they enjoyed it the first time they were on it?

We have enjoyed Her Majesty of the seas many times, and that ship has been repeating the same itinerary for years. As we approach our 12th time on her, it feels like going to our vacation home..... a place we know where everything and likely won't be disappointed in the neighborhood.

People buy a timeshare week and although they can trade in their time, often go the same week year in year out....no different than going on a ship time after time.

Paulette, are there any other RCL 3 night ships in South Florida?

It is so interesting to read others preferences on ships.

We have loved the Radiance class but Explorer started us cruising!

We have sailed on RCI ships multiple times but then needed to branch out and try other lines as you can see in my signature line.

We have enjoyed Princess. Also Celebrity and Azamara which are RCI owned companies.

We do not have interest in the largest RCI ships.

That is why it is great we have options.

No size fits all.

• 1 year later...

Hi

I repeat a few ships because we have such a memorable time and enjoy ourselves immensely and often spread the word for others to join us.

Explorer (2) ,Adventurer (2), Mariner, Oasis is our favorite. (2), Allure ,(3 one was btb), Jewel and now upcoming Harmony

Can't wait.

We've been on Oasis and Allure several times. We've also cruised on the same HAL ships more than once. If we like the itinerary, the ship isn't as important to us. The exception to that rule is the Oasis and Allure. Those ships are our destination.

Spot on. But itinerary and price are bigger factors for us.

If something otherwise suited, but was on the same ship, why would you say no? Conversely, I'm not going to travel out of my way, pay a lot more, just so I can say I've been on a different ship.

We first sailed on the Radiance back in 2008, and when we did our Australia cruises in 2014. that made it 3 times on that one ship. We sailed on the serenade in Oct of 2015 and she is doing the Copenhagen TA this August. We hadn't planned on going back on her that soon but couldn't pass up the Copenhagen TA. We will be sailing on the Liberty again this July. I look for the itinerary and ship doing it and make my decision accordingly. My DH doesn't care which ship as he lets me do all the planning.:)

I love experiencing a new ship! It's something you've never seen before and it's exciting. But going on a ship you've previously sailed on is still exciting! I've sailed Jewel twice and am going on Indy for the second time in a few weeks. I'm going with a new cruiser so it's super exciting. I love it when others are excited too!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I try to go on different ships each time mainly of course trying something different but also to avoid seeing the same shows.

Last year was the first time I went on a ship (Independence) I had been on before. But the 2 cruises were 4 years apart, the production/ice shows were the same but being 4 years ago I had forgotten some of it but some scenes came flooding back.

I'm still trying to get on a different ship each time.

Sailed multiple times on the same ship -- haven't sailed RCCL for a while, so looking forward to exploring Anthem -- maybe it will be a repeat ship for us in the future.

My favorite ship that comes to mind is Liberty, followed by Allure (for RCCL).

Jan 2018 will be the first time that we sailed on a previous ship which will be, Freedom of the Seas. We are doing a back to back on Independence of the Seas fall 2017 but, since we are not getting off it does not really seem like a repeat ;p. I really like to try different ships as a general rule though.

I'll be sailing on Freedom in May 2016. I'm chatting with many who have been on her multiple times; they say it's one of the best ships in RCI's fleet. While I've done several RCI cruises, this will be my first on Freedom (and I'm really excited about it). What is it about this ship that makes people book it multiple times? Anybody sailed any of the other RCI ships several times?

Three times on the Freedom for me. It's one of the best ships in the fleet!

Sometimes it's just practical, ie same port. In fact the only reason we're going on the Oasis this time is because Freedom moved from PC. We like to go there for Orlando pre-cruise stuff.

I do love the Freedom but am looking forward to something new.