Do You Do Repeat Cruising on Same RCI Ship?

cjdixon4

We have cruised a few times on the same ship twice.

For us usually it is the itinerary and we prefer cruising from Ft Lauderdale, yet we do go down to Miami for a ship.

If we were disappointed with the ship, then we would avoid that ship.

Living in Florida, we have a great choice of ships:):)

We repeated often on Mariner and Voyager when we lived in Houston because of the short drive to Galveston. Now we live in Georgia and we have more choices without flying. Port Canaveral is closest though so we are repeating Freedom this Christmas and I imagine we will go on Oasis when she moves there. For us, it's a cruise, a ship, and then itinerary in that order.

Are you allowed to smoke outside in the DL deck?

Yes, smoking is allowed out on the veranda of the DL.

Interesting, Laura is on Freedom now and it is definitely not allowed. The DL concierge, JJ, said she never heard of any Voyager or Freedom ship that allowed it.

Interesting, Laura is on Freedom now and it is definitely not allowed. The DL concierge, JJ, said she never heard of any Voyager or Freedom ship that allowed it.

I could swear I saw people smoking out there on Liberty.

Smoking

All the Freedom Class ships (Indy, Liberty, Freedom) have smoking on the port side, while the DL is located on the starboard side.

The Adventure (Voyager Class) definitely has smoking on the starboard side where the DL is located.

I don't know if there is smoking on the Navigator (Voyager Class ) outside the DL, but I will find out in January 2015 while I'm on a B3B.

Once on the Freedom the concierge in the DL actually locked the door coming from the outside deck. It was a one way lock, you could go out, but not back in.

Once on the Freedom the concierge in the DL actually locked the door coming from the outside deck. It was a one way lock, you could go out, but not back in.

I've seen it closed before as well, figured it was because of the scrubber project, but Bertie said no, it was just because the crowd was small and the weather rough

I like cruising from Port of Baltimore since I live close to the pier. As a result I've done 20 cruises on Enchantment and 36 on Grandeur. I've got 7 more booked on Grandeur between now and December 2016.

Have also done Jewel 3 times Radiance 2 times and Sovereign, Empress, Brilliance, and Mariner once each. I'm also getting ready to do my first cruise on Serenade.

It is so nice seeing people on the same ship or different ones.

I've seen it closed before as well, figured it was because of the scrubber project, but Bertie said no, it was just because the crowd was small and the weather rough

You just gotta love Bertie! :)

I like your new avatar! But it just does not look like you!! :eek: ;)

As you can see from my signature, we have repeated many ships. It's more the port they leave from than anything else. Once you decide you are doing the Caribbean -- and from Florida, where it so much easier to get cheaper non-stop flights for us from CT, its hard not to repeat.

Now that we have a home in Orlando also, Port Canaveral is so convenient -- and FLL seems so far away----- Hence the repeat Freedom cruises lately. I'm sure we will be repeating the Oasis in 2017 -- and will probably not repeat the Freedom when it moves to FLL unless there is a great price that justifies the 200 mile drive each way.

mac_tlc

We cruised on the Exployer over 8 times, loved the crew, staff and shoip. First RCCL cruise was on Mariner which we did 3 times. Reason for so many on Exployer was we didn't have to fly. It was in Bayonne. I did the Freedom with daughers and granddaugher Feb 2012. I did not like the ship or our waitress (waiter). Service was the slowest we have ever had and our waitress wouldn't allow us to order more than one item in each course. I did get to eat breakfast with the Captain at their only event for Diamond Plus and above. Was not impressed. On the Exployer we had special dining room for breakfast. Love the Serenade and would cruise on her again and again if it was possible. We also liked the Jewel, not a fan of the Majesty though. We plan on cruising on the Navigator Feb 2016 and Feb 2017 as well. If we don't like our Feb 2016 we might cancel our Navigator 2017 and check out another ship. We shall see.

As far as cabins we have done insides with 4 people and Jr Suites and plain balcony with 4. It will be a change this time with 2 insides, won't have to share with DD and her boyfriend. It is the staff that can either make or break a cruise. You can't control the weather and as for the ships features, you should know before your book if it has what your are looking for. We have had some great cruise directors and staff and some horrible ones as well. We do check who the cruise director is before we book, just to make sure we don't get one in particular. For us now as long as the ship has a basketball court either full or half, we can cruise it. DH can't be without playing. Enjoy your cruise, what ever ship you choose.

We don't make it a specific goal, but in late 90's & early 00's, sailed on Sovereign of Seas 6-7 times as that was something we could do on long week-ends for awhile.

It was a great ship! Going on Enchantment for 2nd time this coming January.

I think a cruise is good on any of Royals ships, some better than others though.

:) Our recent favorite was Brilliance of Seas. I do think we like the smaller ships!

• 1 month later...

Our RCL numbers are 39 cruises on 12 ships so we have repeated quite a few.

Like most people a lot of that has to do with what ships are sailing out of what ports. Most of those sailings have been from the west coast so ships that have been out here have been sailed on more.

Eventually, I would like to sail on every ship in the fleet but that will probably take a few years into retirement.

I'll be sailing on Freedom in May 2016. I'm chatting with many who have been on her multiple times; they say it's one of the best ships in RCI's fleet. While I've done several RCI cruises, this will be my first on Freedom (and I'm really excited about it). What is it about this ship that makes people book it multiple times? Anybody sailed any of the other RCI ships several times?

We have sailed Majesty 30 times. Why - it is in Miami so a 3 hour drive across Alligator Alley and a great weekend getaway. Staff is so great on that ship. Before we moved to Ft Myers we did the 3 nighters out of Port Canaveral.

Now cannot wait til Enchantment comes to Miami and we will start our roll on her. I love that ship-just something about it that does it for me.

I could swear I saw people smoking out there on Liberty.

I know I saw people smoking out there on Liberty....and this picture I took shows one piece of evidence that suggests it was/is permitted.

ry%3D480

Edited by Aquahound

We are sailing on the Adventure of the Seas for the third time in January. We love the Adventure of the Seas but mainly go on the ship because we love the Southern itinerary out of San Juan. The Jewel also goes out of San Juan but we love the Royal Promenade on the Adventure. But we have done the Serenade (sister to Jewel) and absolutely loved it as well! Aren't they all amazing?!?! :rolleyes::D

Edited by lauraodonnell86

Yes, our first three cruises were on the same ship. Price and itinerary ruled over trying a different ship at the time. We Love the Oasis and have sailed her twice. Have sailed the Mariner at least twice, which my kids loved when they were young.