coffee

The coffee in the dining room is still very good.

That's something I've wondered about for our 30+ cruises (On ALL cruise lines - not just RCI).

The coffee in the Dining room is good, but everywhere else on the ship it is HORRIBLE.

What's Up With That????

That's something I've wondered about for our 30+ cruises (On ALL cruise lines - not just RCI).

The coffee in the Dining room is good, but everywhere else on the ship it is HORRIBLE.

What's Up With That????

I believe they have made no changes in the brand of coffee served. However, I do think the coffee (for my taste) is better in the dining room.

That being said. Everyone has a different definition of what is good or bad. It's a "what your used to "thing. For example.

I typically drink expresso. but when I do drink coffee.. I prefer starbucks coffee, it's what I am used to... and sometimes I get coffee from "Peets" coffee a chain on the west coast. I do not care for there coffee at all, my pallette is not used to it. But there are those that say it's the other way around.

so... It's a matter of what your used to...it's a very subjective thing, and unfortuantely other than the "physical" starbucks on the oasis class vessells I would say there have been no changes that I have been aware of and I have sailed 3 times this year already.

Has Royal changed there coffee yet or is it still terrible[/QU

This question will stir up a debate! I found on my Sept cruise that the coffee was good in the Windjammer during breakfast time when the staff can barely keep up with the demand but not good in dinner time in MDR.

Once as staff was starting a new urn I saw the package of ground being put in and asked if it was still Seattle's Best. The answer was it is Royal Cup - didn't ask for name of company on bag.

Ill have the Ultimate drink package. I inly drink black, iced coffee or a cappaciano at dinner. Where can I get a good iced coffee (pressed or DD are the only coffee I like)? Is it included in the Ultimate package?

Thank you.

Ill have the Ultimate drink package. I inly drink black, iced coffee or a cappaciano at dinner. Where can I get a good iced coffee (pressed or DD are the only coffee I like)? Is it included in the Ultimate package?

Thank you.

Ship?

Royal Cup is slightly more acceptable than Seattles Best. I'm not a fan of strong coffee in any case. I bring my own individual packets of Starbucks Via Veranda Blend [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love these coffee debacles!:D

So far, after 12 years on these boards, coffee is still the hottest thing going....pardon the pun.

No two people will see this issue the same. All I can say is that RCCL ships DO satisfy my requirements. I use MDR, Cafe Promenade, the diamond lounge and the specialty coffees....Windjammer...I will not be a happy camper. But the espresso/cappuccino is wonderful IMHO.

We have two espresso machines and a Kuerig maker at home and any number of other paraphenalia (French Press etc) so we are not coffee novices. We like Illy as a coffee brand, but I am fine with Starbucks.

Anyway.....there will always be coffee debacles and thousands of opinions..........C'est la vie:D

Edited by BecciBoo

Of course, making great coffee in dirty urns without measuring the grind and heating the water up properly is going to still be gross coffee.

But you said you mix your instant with hot tap water:eek: Ewwww! I was going to suggest making a trip to Windjammer for the really hot tea water:o

But I might look into that Mt Hagen stuff.

We do have a strong coffee culture here. Have a home espresso machine and did some training to know how to use it. Find too many brews where it requires sugar as it's bitter. To me if you have to add sugar then it's a fail.

Looks like the machine in the JS is a capsule thing, which is, in my opinion, liquid instant coffee with added placebo. Think I will buy some good stuff in Perth and make my own with a plunger. Normally I would only have one or two coffees a week, but when on a holiday I have more. It keeps me awake but I am thinking that will not matter on a cruise. Still it's quality over quantity. When I do have a cup it has to be good.