I'm back - Royal Princess Insights vs. Celebrity

Andy

Andy, welcome home. I am happy to hear you had a nice cruise.

I believe it is more difficult to do a comparison review since there are so many valuables, so either one would be great. Either way it will be a review from someone with a lot of Celebrity experience.

We cruised on the Royal Princess in August 2014 and we also had a nice cruise.

As one who only sails Celebrity, I would really like a comparison to Princess. I saw some percentage satisfaction results recently (cannot recall where:rolleyes:!!!) which had Celebrity ships each around 89% and various Princess ships from 65%-about 78%. I was really surprised at the difference.

We have been considering trying Princess and HAL, but have been so reluctant to do so....

Bill

Hi Andy welcome back! I've been wistfully looking at Royal Princess cruises but Celebrity 123 Go keeps pulling us back in line. Yes please provide a comparison so that I will know what we are missing. I was once upon a time a Confirmed Princess Cruises Only fan. Thank you!

Hi Andy,

If you post a comparison from your point of view please post it on the Princess boards as well.

I have cruised on 6 different cruise lines and find very good things about all of them. Some things are better and or worse on each of the cruise lines and/or ships in a fleet. It is sometimes hard to be objective.

Celebrity fans are among the most loyal and sometimes are very hard on the competition.

I loved everything about the Royal Princess except the balconies or as I called them ledges!

I was particularly interested in following your cruise because of Perry.

From what I could gather all is going well for him! I wish him the very best.

His new venue, although not as intimate as he would like, is at Crooners on an upper level of the beautiful Piazza,. It is a far cry from being shoved Into the corner of Cellar Masters on the Eclipse. I will miss seeing him on my April cruise on the Eclipse but will definitely hope to see him on a Princess ship in the future!

If your review is for general consumption in the CC reviews, I'd recommend a standalone view. If you are posting it in either the Celebrity board or the Princess board, a comparison would probably be best.

Hi Andy- Would LOVE to hear your thoughts on Royal vs "S" class on Celebrity and in general. We are set to sail on Regal Princess in 2 weeks(Royal's sister ship), our 1st Princess cruise, and would love to know what we might expect about food, entertainment, service.....etc......

Thanks for any info you are able to provide!:)

Hi Andy

Welcome back

I guess with all the BBB and other changes at Celebrity, now would be a great time to compare the cruise lines, especially the specialty restaurants with the demise of the "Murano"' French table side service at Celebrity in favor of the less labor intensive Tuscan grille. So I am interested in the value and service proposition of both cruiselines.

Thanks

Welcome back Andy,

Glad you enjoyed your time off and got some rest.

Would love to read your review in any shape or form. I know you will have a lot to say. Princess used to be my favorite cruise line about 10 years ago, but then we found X and rest is history.

I would like to see if it is worth to try Princess again.

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your many kind comments. As always, it's greatly appreciated !

The masses have clearly spoken, and my insights will be mostly comparison when and where it makes the most sense. As work is incredibly busy, I plan to share my insights a few paragraphs at a time, over the next several days. Hope that works for everyone.