2017/2018 Deployment Thread & Opening Schedule

Andy

Did you get any perks?

We booked a suite for our 2017 Alaska cruise, but the Celebrity rep said the "4 free suite perks" promo doesn't yet extend to those sailings. End in April 2017. So we got the same perks via the Go Best promo, paying $315 per person. Still a very good deal, and I watch to see if they extend the suite promo's end date.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We booked a suite for our 2017 Alaska cruise, but the Celebrity rep said the "4 free suite perks" promo doesn't yet extend to those sailings. End in April 2017. So we got the same perks via the Go Best promo, paying $315 per person. Still a very good deal, and I watch to see if they extend the suite promo's end date.

And they carried over the $350 OBC we received when we booked the original reservation while on board a recent cruise, using a 2016 Alaska cruise as a "placeholder".

And they carried over the $350 OBC we received when we booked the original reservation while on board a recent cruise, using a 2016 Alaska cruise as a "placeholder".

One more thought... And not to bring up a touchy subject on these boards...

The Celebrity rep said we'll also get the one complimentary specialty dining suite perk (dropped in 2016) since our booking date is in 2015.

She mentioned that to me without my even asking. Guess they get that question a lot. [emoji1]

Are the new itineraries actually posted somewhere? I just assumed that logging into Celebrity's site as a Captain's Club member would give us access to the new Alaska, Bermuda Canada and New England itineraries that were to be released today, but I haven't seen anything yet. Where are you guys seeing the new itineraries?

Are the new itineraries actually posted somewhere? I just assumed that logging into Celebrity's site as a Captain's Club member would give us access to the new Alaska, Bermuda Canada and New England itineraries that were to be released today, but I haven't seen anything yet. Where are you guys seeing the new itineraries?

they're not loaded onto the site yet, but you can view the specific itineraries on cruisecal

Your better with CC than I am... Spoke twice already and was told not available yet... Will try again at lunch... I am looking at Alaska Cruisetour

Woo Hoo... Third time was the charm... Booked Southbound Cruisetour May 27, 2017

Glad some folks are getting booked...and receiving nice perks...

.what perks are being offered for non suite cruisers?

Do they include Big Better Best?

and if so, is it the Classic or new (downgraded) alcohol package that one can pick under Big?

Edited by hcat

Glad some folks are getting booked...and receiving nice perks...

.what perks are being offered for non suite cruisers?

Do they include Big Better Best?

and if so, is it the Classic or new (downgraded) alcohol package that one can pick under Big?

I just did a dummy booking for a balcony for Bermuda and was offered $300 obc per stateroom. No other options were loaded.

I just did a dummy booking for a balcony for Bermuda and was offered $300 obc per stateroom. No other options were loaded.

Ya, me too. Online it only showed $300 OBC (I am surprised the 2017 itineraries are online so fast, I thought in past it took until the opening to the public). But, when I called it she quoted me the go Big, Better, Best deal.

For the other poster who asked, I didn't specifically ask about what beverage package was included but if you go on their website under the go big deal and then click on beverage package it flips over and says the Classic Beverage Package is the one included.

From the brochure it highlighted 2018 itineraries would be available and any idea if those will include Alaska or was it for other destinations?

The release is for the 2017/2018 season, so this will include everything from approx. April 2017 to April 2018.

Alaska 2018 itineraries will be released around this time next year.

For anyone that booked today, were the deposits 50% for captains club members?

My 2017 Alaska booking yesterday was a change to an existing 2016 reservation (a "placeholder" booking done on a recent cruise thru the onboard future cruise office) so I already had a standard deposit.

Banking on a price reduction.... and it "Is" the Americas Cup. Hotel rooms in Bermuda will be going for $ 1K a night :eek:

I know and I'm sure rooms in Bermuda are expensive but I wish Celebrity could have a little more reasonable in pricing for this. I feel they are really taking advantage of us. I will keep hoping that prices are going down. But I did see the Oracle practice runs this past May and will hopefully see some again when we cruise May 2016.

Laura

When are the Caribbean 2017/2018 itineraries being released?

Those should be released on 12/15 along with the exotics.

Also, the rest of Europe's deployment will be released next Tueday 12/8/15

See post #8 in this thread.

Edited by CRUISEBOY305

I was finally able to see and do a hold yesterday at about 1:00 p.m. PST. Last year or maybe it was the year before when I did this I could "see" the schedules the night before. It was really a hassle, but we're all set. I'll go into my TA today and finalize it. Yeah!

Judy

I know and I'm sure rooms in Bermuda are expensive but I wish Celebrity could have a little more reasonable in pricing for this. I feel they are really taking advantage of us. I will keep hoping that prices are going down. But I did see the Oracle practice runs this past May and will hopefully see some again when we cruise May 2016.

Laura

Ya, we were there this past May too and was surprised to see them and Artemis Racing practicing 24 months before the Race!!!!:eek::D

2ent8ya.jpg

6qh79e.jpg

Edited by A Sixth?

I was hoping to book a group on the Italy Greek Isles Itinerary the Constellation is doing in the spring of 2016. I really like the ports on the 2016 trips becuse they had Greece, Turkey (who knows what will happen there), Rome, Naples and Venice.

Seems as though Reflection is taking over those cruises. I am not finding one that includes Venice.

All you itinerary wizzes - am I missing something?

Hi Everyone,

Thought this might be of interest : http://www.seatrade-cruise.com/news/news-headlines/celebritys-2017-18-has-more-port-overnights-updated-ships-in-alaska-bermuda-canada-new-england.html?nspPage=1

Celebrity's 2017/18 has more port overnights, updated ships in Alaska, Bermuda, Canada/New England

Celebrity Cruises' 2017/18 program features 236 overnights in 55 cities and 31 double overnight stays in 10 ports. There are new chef-led shore excursions, experiences curated by regional destination experts and refreshed ships for Alaska, Bermuda and Canada/New England. For the first time, the line offers an itinerary that combines Bermuda and New England.

Most 2017/18 itineraries are eligible for a special 'Go Big, Go Better, Go Best!' offer.

On Tuesday Celebrity opened sales for Alaska, Bermuda and Canada/New England to its Captain's Club members; general sales open Friday. Two ships in the lineup are part of a $16m refresh initiative, Celebrity Infinity in Alaska and Celebrity Summit in Bermuda and Canada/New England.

Celebrity Solstice, Celebrity Millennium and Celebrity Infinity will sail Alaska. Following a just-completed $8m upgrade, Celebrity Infinity has a new Rooftop Terrace with an outdoor movie screen, chic furniture and food for purchase. New destination-inspired experiences aboard the three ships will include locally sourced food and entertainment.

New cruise-tours are the 10-night 'Authentic Tastes of Alaska,' focused on indigenous foods and their place in culture and history, and the 12-night 'Great National Parks Expedition' in Denali and Kenai Fords national parks.

Among the 'Uniquely Celebrity' shore excursions are a trip to an organic farm, an exploration of Skagway's rich history, a tour through a local brewery straight to a cooking school, and participation in a crabbing and seafood feast. There will also be insights from one of the line's resident naturalists, a group of marine biologists, adventurers and wildlife researchers.

From Vancouver, BC, Celebrity Infinity will sail weekly round-trips to Hubbard Glacier. The Seattle-based Celebrity Solstice will visit Tracy Arm Fjord on seven-night round-trips. And Celebrity Millennium will sail open-jaw cruises from Vancouver and Seward.

Meanwhile, Celebrity Summit will continue to operate the line's seven-night Bermuda cruises. The ship's $8m makeover in March will add a Rooftop Terrace, upgrade Suite Class amenities and install the Tuscan Grille specialty restaurant.

Regional destination expert Dr. Ellen Prager, a marine scientist and author, will design programs about Bermuda's natural wonders, and a local steel drum band will perform on board. Excursions include a night on Bermuda's Rising Sun II catamaran for a white party and an organic farm tour.

A new nine-night cruise visits New England and Bermuda, while a 'Signature Event Sailing' will witness a famous regatta.

Celebrity Summit's Canada/New England program features a 'Signature Event Sailing' timed to Canada’s 150th birthday with an overnight in Halifax and the US Independence Day with an overnight in Boston. Among the excursions is a Québec City walking tour that ends with tea at Chateau Frontenac.

The 14-night cruises give two overnights in Québec City and visit destinations such as Maine's Bar Harbor and Prince Edward Island's Charlottetown.

Starting as early as January, Celebrity's cruises will focus more on the destinations with such initiatives as the new, chef-led shore excursions, authentic cuisine, local entertainment and experiences and enrichment curated by regional destination experts. They include Ellen Prager (Bermuda, the Caribbean, the Galápagos), Ben Fogle (Europe); the Australia Zoo and its 'Wildlife Warriors,' a global and charitable wildlife organization (Australia); Milos Radakovich (South America) and four resident naturalists in Alaska.

A special 'Go Big, Go Better, Go Best!' offer is available for nearly all 2017/18 sailings. Travelers who book an ocean-view or higher stateroom and 'Go Big' get a free perk from the choice of Classic Beverage Packages, unlimited Internet packages, gratuities or $150 to spend on board. Those who upgrade and 'Go Better' get their choice of two perks, or 'Go Best' for all four perks, plus a Premium Beverage Package upgrade.

Details: celebritycruises.com/gobigbetterbest.

Hi Everyone,

From the information I have, it looks like Europe will open 12/8 for Captains Club Members (12/11 for general public). Caribbean & Exotics 12/15 for Captains Club Members (12/18 for general public).

I believe the above information is accurate, but I've just returned home from a Cruise. If it's anything different, I will report on this thread.

Hope this helps !