2017/2018 Deployment Thread & Opening Schedule

Andy

This press release mentions a "special" Go Big, Go Better, Go Best offer, but it looks like the one which has been around for a while. What's the difference?

"A special 'Go Big, Go Better, Go Best!' offer is available for nearly all 2017/18 sailings."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Everyone,

From the information I have, it looks like Europe will open 12/8 for Captains Club Members (12/11 for general public). Caribbean & Exotics 12/15 for Captains Club Members (12/18 for general public).

I believe the above information is accurate, but I've just returned home from a Cruise. If it's anything different, I will report on this thread.

Hope this helps !

Thanks Andy.

Any idea when schedule for 2017 TA's will be released. Was to be last month and when I talked to Celebrity recently I was told the rep didn't know???

The rest of Europe's deployment as well as the TA's are scheduled to be released on Tuesday for Captains Club members, Friday for everyone else.

Caribbean and Exotics (or everything else) will be available the following Tuesday 12/15

Any idea when schedule for 2017 TA's will be released. Was to be last month and when I talked to Celebrity recently I was told the rep didn't know???

The schedules are already out -- it's just the pricing that's not available until the 8th. Just check with cruise calendar schedule lookup.

Would "exotics" on 12/15/15 include sailings from North America to Australia (via hawaii)?

I am looking for September 2017.

TIA :)

Cruisecal has Solstice itineraries including the April 20th 17 TP from Sydney. Not sure if the September return will be released this time or not.

Would "exotics" on 12/15/15 include sailings from North America to Australia (via hawaii)?

I am looking for September 2017.

TIA :)

I think it's safe to assume. Aus/NZ, Asia, Hawaii, South America, and Panama Canal would all fall under "exotics" so 12/15/15 it is :)

Can a travel agent book for A Captains Club member on opening day? Or is it better to book directly, then transfer the booking to the TA?

I always like to do it myself, then transfer to the TA. If you're looking for a particular location/stateroom, checking out all the different categories and prices, and finding what is available or not available, it's easier to talk with the Celebrity agent about all the options without having to go back & forth with your TA.

Can a travel agent book for A Captains Club member on opening day? Or is it better to book directly, then transfer the booking to the TA?

I would think you can do both. I had my ta (in the US) book our 2017 cruise opening day. Nice perk and some extra obc.:)

yes a TA can. It may not show up on their cruising power (or whatever it's called now) right away so they may need to call just like the rest of us.

yes a TA can. It may not show up on their cruising power (or whatever it's called now) right away so they may need to call just like the rest of us.

The prices won't be published tomorrow when the bookings come out -- you have to call, so are you comfortable to have the TA negotiate for you with regards to whether or not you want to pay the difference between a standard balcony, CC, or AQ???

The prices won't be published tomorrow when the bookings come out -- you have to call, so are you comfortable to have the TA negotiate for you with regards to whether or not you want to pay the difference between a standard balcony, CC, or AQ???

Alaska and Bermuda prices were on the site day one.

Regardless, a TA can make the call for you.

Regardless, a TA can make the call for you.

LOL. Yeah, but you're missing my point. Of course a TA can make the call for you. They are not making any decisions/calls for me, especially if the difference in prices between the categories is substantial. I want to make that decision over the phone with Celebrity. Additionally, my ideas of location on the ship and a TA's ideas of booking a stateroom are probably 180 out. My guess is 9 out of 10 TA's have no clue where the bed position is located on an S-Class ship -- neither do most of the Celebrity Reps.

LOL. Yeah, but you're missing my point. Of course a TA can make the call for you. They are not making any decisions/calls for me, especially if the difference in prices between the categories is substantial. I want to make that decision over the phone with Celebrity. Additionally, my ideas of location on the ship and a TA's ideas of booking a stateroom are probably 180 out. My guess is 9 out of 10 TA's have no clue where the bed position is located on an S-Class ship -- neither do most of the Celebrity Reps.

I understand your point and agree with you. However lots of cruisers use a TA ;)

I understand your point and agree with you. However lots of cruisers use a TA ;)

Yeah, I use one too to get the extra OBC, but only after I've secured my cabin/price. Additionally, I use one that doesn't charge a fee to cancel for any reason.