Footstools - a request

Mango Mike

I have a request. How tall are the footstools on the balcony.

For anyone taking a cruise in the very near future, could you measure the height of the footstool for me?

I know that if you're in a standard verandah stateroom, footstools aren't "standard issue" on the balcony.

Being someone who likes to "tinker" in the workshop and with access to oodles of various materials (pvc, aluminum tubing, etc), I thought I might try to make a simple footstool that would be "packable" for our upcoming cruise.

Thanks

If you could do with a footstool because of any medical need (joint problems) I am sure is you contact special needs they will sort something for you.

If you just want one for comfort as most of us do happy tinkering and let us know when you patent you design!

Happy cruising!

For the last few years we've used the recommendation of another CC friend....inflatable beach balls. You can get them in a variety of sizes, inflate them as much or as little as is comfortable for you, and they're extremely easy to pack. Just remember to bring them into the cabin when you're not using them, because they like to fly off the balcony.

For the last few years we've used the recommendation of another CC friend....inflatable beach balls. You can get them in a variety of sizes, inflate them as much or as little as is comfortable for you, and they're extremely easy to pack. Just remember to bring them into the cabin when you're not using them, because they like to fly off the balcony.
That's what I do also, except I prefer to buy one at a store in port so I don't need to pack one.

I find them more comfortable than the footstools provided by the ship because they are adjustable.

I even use one at home with an easy chair, and also in a CS instead of the ottoman.

It would be nice when we leave them behind after a cruise if the ship would store them and then let other passengers have them.

If you could do with a footstool because of any medical need (joint problems) I am sure is you contact special needs they will sort something for you.

If you just want one for comfort as most of us do happy tinkering and let us know when you patent you design!

Happy cruising!

They won't. Their answer is book Concergie or above.

If you are going to take the DIY approach, you have the advantage of setting the height to whatever suits you best. :)

Understood, but I assume the ones that are provided by the ship, match the chairs and since I don't know the height of the chairs, I don't know how high to make the stool. If I get real ambitious, I'll attempt to make it with an adjustable height.

As for the inflatable ones, I read about them and did consider them, but I have a little time and as mentioned, I like to tinker around. Besides, I think I would prefer something a little more stable and not as susceptible to blowing away.

This is such a great post! I'm also curious about the height of the chairs/foot stools now since I'm definitely going to buy an inflatable foot stool now, but not sure what height to get. Beach ball sounds like it might not be as stable...

They won't. Their answer is book Concergie or above.

That only solves half the problem since X only provides a single foot stool. Kind of like providing one chair for 2 people and it makes no sense. We were just on the Regal Princess last week and noticed they also only provide a single foot rest (for their mini-suites). Seems like a trend :(

Hank

I haven't been on celebrity before - we are aqua class-does this mean we will have footstools on our balcony? I never even thought of that!

You will have ONE foot stool. Divorces have happened for less :).

Hank

That only solves half the problem since X only provides a single foot stool. Kind of like providing one chair for 2 people and it makes no sense. We were just on the Regal Princess last week and noticed they also only provide a single foot rest (for their mini-suites). Seems like a trend :(

Hank

When did X start only giving 1 footstool. We have been CC twice on Eclipse, August 2013 and April 2014. Both times we had 2 footstools and so did our neighbours.

On the Eclipse last winter, we had 2 footstools. Never used them. On the Summit in June, no footstools. On the Silhouette in October, no footstools. If we want to lounge with our feet up, we opt for real chaises on the pool deck. Best chairs are on S class forward deck 15.

When did X start only giving 1 footstool. We have been CC twice on Eclipse, August 2013 and April 2014. Both times we had 2 footstools and so did our neighbours.

Then we have been ripped off :). We were most recently on the Eclipse last December (will be on her again in a few weeks) and only had a single foot stool in an Aqua cabin. It was the same on several Silhouette cruises in Aqua. I will print out your post and take it along and if we again get a single foot stool we will show it to Guest Relations and/or our steward and see if that gets us a 2nd stool :).

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

Our last two cruises in Aqua (2013, 2014 both on the Reflection), we had two footstools. Both cabins were off the hump with the larger balconies although I doubt that was a factor.

DSC01745.jpg

This picture really helps in answering my question. From a visual perspective, I'm guessing if I made mine 12"-14" high, I wouldn't be too far off. Looks easy enough that I might make 2 so I can enjoy 1 as well.

Edited by Mango Mike