Current Concierges continued discussion

6 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

It is too late now because the edit time is gone on the post.  I was just pointing out that the post I originally quoted looked like you were saying Bobal is banned when in fact it is Arno who is banned from sailing Celebrity.  Bobal had provided you information and you made an honest mistake.  I was just trying to clarify so people don't think Bobal is banned.

I see where you are going.  I did make a mistake in making it look like Bobo is banned.  Let me clarify for posting.  Sorry for the confusion!!

Arno is banned from cruising.

BOBOL IS NOT BANNED

Edited by SherriZ366
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

It is too late now because the edit time is gone on the post.  I was just pointing out that the post I originally quoted looked like you were saying Bobal is banned when in fact it is Arno who is banned from sailing Celebrity.  Bobal had provided you information and you made an honest mistake.  I was just trying to clarify so people don't think Bobal is banned.

I also was able to correct my previous post to show Arno was banned

8 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Just want to clarify Arno is banned.  

Thank you. It was news to me that I was banned. I just posted a supportive message explaining what seems to have happened with Arno 🤣

And don't worry Sherri, I know it was a genuine mistake 😁

Edited by Bobal
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Kbonner said:

If Royal Carib has a problem with some RCI-negative threads/posts, how will they know which (real-name)-guest is behind the screenname? Or does CC provide Royal with real names when asked for by a company?

The thing being discussed is really nothing like you described. Someone (Arno) used to keep a thread with a table of the key personnel on each of the Celebrity ships (Captain, HD, F&B Manager, Concierge etc) In November last year he said he had been banned from sailing with RCG as the company had received complaints from staff about him reaching out to them for info. The thread is here and his post is #1599 

Sherri was concerned this would impact on her, but her thread is informed by input from guests and not through making contact with staff/crew. However, he was one of Celebrity's top cruisers and it seems highly unlikely that he would be banned outright without warning unless he had overstepped some limits. A number of people asked questions of him regarding the ban and he never came back to answer them and doesn't seem to have participated in CC since then. But the ban was from Celebrity and nothing to do with CC. In fact further on in the thread (#1634) a CC host steps in to say they would never divulge personal information.

• Like 1

I am sure there is a lot more to the story that we will never know.  The mention that staff/crew filed complaints about his activities would indicate there was something else going on.  I would also suspect that there was some sort of warning given by X.

12 hours ago, Bobal said:

The thing being discussed is really nothing like you described. Someone (Arno) used to keep a thread with a table of the key personnel on each of the Celebrity ships (Captain, HD, F&B Manager, Concierge etc) In November last year he said he had been banned from sailing with RCG as the company had received complaints from staff about him reaching out to them for info. The thread is here and his post is #1599 

Sherri was concerned this would impact on her, but her thread is informed by input from guests and not through making contact with staff/crew. However, he was one of Celebrity's top cruisers and it seems highly unlikely that he would be banned outright without warning unless he had overstepped some limits. A number of people asked questions of him regarding the ban and he never came back to answer them and doesn't seem to have participated in CC since then. But the ban was from Celebrity and nothing to do with CC. In fact further on in the thread (#1634) a CC host steps in to say they would never divulge personal information.

Bobal -- thanks for being so gracious about my mixing you and Arno up.  And also thanks for your very detailed information about the information that Arno shared.  I just want to get information from returning passengers on who is in the SL, CL and DL to keep my spreadsheet up to date.  I think some of the concierges may be moved around a bit with the ships returning at different times and with some having different home ports (eg Adventurer out of Nassau rather than a Florida port).  

5 hours ago, Blizzard54 said:

I am sure there is a lot more to the story that we will never know.  The mention that staff/crew filed complaints about his activities would indicate there was something else going on.  I would also suspect that there was some sort of warning given by X.

Agree Blizzard 54.  I just want to make sure that I'm not breaking any RCI rules.  it would be awful to be banned from sailing.  😪

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, SherriZ366 said:

Agree Blizzard 54.  I just want to make sure that I'm not breaking any RCI rules.  it would be awful to be banned from sailing.  😪

it sure would Sherri, but I too think there must be a lot more to the story!

I know we appreciate your hard work keeping up with our favorite Concierges, and look forward to your list updates!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, pstone1 said:

it sure would Sherri, but I too think there must be a lot more to the story!

I know we appreciate your hard work keeping up with our favorite Concierges, and look forward to your list updates!

Thanks for your kind words.  😍

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/1/2021 at 5:26 PM, SherriZ366 said:

Thanks for the information

Looks like Rahul Barua and Nadia are on the Oasis.

Dexter Fraser and Elaine Santana on Allure

Norman De Ocampo and Ken Degrace on Symphony

Love this resource and thanks for keeping it going now that sailing has resumed.

Edited by Longhorn Cruiser
  • Thanks 1

On 4/27/2021 at 8:21 PM, Blizzard54 said:

I suspect the the person may have been posting a bit more than who was on what ship with their approx. contract dates.. 

One of the Suite’s concierges told me that someone from a board had posted he was transferred - he called RCL and raised 🤬 about that and the transfer about which he learned second hand was cancelled. But he was steamed and I don’t blame him. Some people just go too far and ruin things for all of us. But certainly nothing wrong with keeping a list of which concierges will be onboard (and it is super helpful!). 

P.S. I assured him that the intent for 99.9% of us is to just know who will be on board and most of us have real affection for our concierges 😊

@Pumbaamd. We are so hoping that Carlington will be on Grandeur when we get back in 12/22!

Edited by AlohaLivin

5 hours ago, Longhorn Cruiser said:

Looks like Rahul Barua and Nadia are on the Oasis.

Dexter Fraser and Elaine Santana on Allure

Norman De Ocampo and Ken Degrace on Symphony

Love this resource and thanks for keeping it going now that sailing has resumed.

I know about Rahul and Nadia.  We have sailed with Rahul since 2010 -- fabulous concierge.  

Elaine was our Concierge on our August 22, 2021 AL Sailing - we liked her.  

Edited by SherriZ366

2 hours ago, AlohaLivin said:

One of the Suite’s concierges told me that someone from a board had posted he was transferred - he called RCL and raised 🤬 about that and the transfer about which he learned second hand was cancelled. But he was steamed and I don’t blame him. Some people just go too far and ruin things for all of us. But certainly nothing wrong with keeping a list of which concierges will be onboard (and it is super helpful!). 

P.S. I assured him that the intent for 99.9% of us is to just know who will be on board and most of us have real affection for our concierges 😊

@Pumbaamd. We are so hoping that Carlington will be on Grandeur when we get back in 12/22!

That's enlightening.  I wondered what would cause RCI to ban a cruiser for life for posting about Concierge Assignments.  

8 minutes ago, SherriZ366 said:

That's enlightening.  I wondered what would cause RCI to ban a cruiser for life for posting about Concierge Assignments.  

About that I have no idea on that specific situation. 

I was saying that I know there are some who cross the line and it seems to me if someone was banned for life what was done was far, FAR more than keeping a concierge list. There is certainly not any problem that I can imagine anyone would have with the kind of list kept here as it doesn’t cross any lines, period.

Edited by AlohaLivin

Just now, AlohaLivin said:

About that I have no idea. I was saying that I know there are some who cross the line and it seems to me if someone was banned for life what was done was far, FAR more than keeping a concierge list. There is certainly not problem that I can imagine anyone would have with the list kept here, it doesn’t cross any lines, period.

There are also two threads covering Captains and Cruise Directors that have been operated for years.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SherriZ366 said:

There are also two threads covering Captains and Cruise Directors that have been operated for years.  

Yep. As I said, I was agreeing with @Blizzard54 that there was clearly something done far beyond keeping a list otherwise it would make no sense. I fully support the list, so many of us find it very helpful.

Edited by AlohaLivin