Current Concierges continued discussion

I am so So SO HAPPY! I was able to get suite I wanted - an A1 aquasuite on Harmony OTS! YippEEEEE!!!!

I know this is slightly off-topic, but I figured that a thread devoted to concierges and genies would be the best place to jump for joy.

I had booked an aquasuite while on our last cruise, but for a date we couldn't go, so that when the fall 2018 cruises were announced, we could move the booking. Then RC said we couldn't have that same cabin with only 3 people :( . Well, someone changed their mind, and it's now ours, and I am sosososoSO HAPPY! As they say on my child's favorite cartoon, this is so genierific! :D

Update on Adventurer and Anthem CL/SL or DL -- Francisco Dean, the current Concierge, will be onboard AD until May 6th....when Reyno Strapp comes back. Then Francisco will go to Anthem where he will be Concierge until August 5th. I'm not sure if he is in the DL or SL. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hKBiGZ9Gqcp2G2owtX3RyQy7yQ0ijgxCL0nPjQKK8j4/edit?pli=1#gid=0

Update on Ovation of the Seas (currently on it). Only concierge onboard is Wang Jingjing - she sits in the Concierge Club on deck 12. She stays until the ship repositions to Tianjin and transits to the Golden Suite Class after which she leaves on holiday for a month before rejoining the ship. When the ship is homeporting in Tianjin, there will be 4 concierges but no genies. There are 3 genies currently taking care of the 11 Star Class suites - Sunil (our genie - he's fantastic!), Wendy and Josh.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Update on Ovation of the Seas (currently on it). Only concierge onboard is Wang Jingjing - she sits in the Concierge Club on deck 12. She stays until the ship repositions to Tianjin and transits to the Golden Suite Class after which she leaves on holiday for a month before rejoining the ship. When the ship is homeporting in Tianjin, there will be 4 concierges but no genies. There are 3 genies currently taking care of the 11 Star Class suites - Sunil (our genie - he's fantastic!), Wendy and Josh.

You are very lucky to have Sunil. We will be on the Ovation in May but he will be on vacation

at that time.

You are very lucky to have Sunil. We will be on the Ovation in May but he will be on vacation

at that time.

Yes he is truly a gem. Enjoy your cruise from

Tianjin! You will not get the Royal Suite Class programme and would be interested to know how the Golden Suite Class works.

Going back to topic, I can't see if this is the thread for Loyalty Ambassadors but Lucia Reynaud is the LA currently onboard the Ovation.

Tianjin! You will not get the Royal Suite Class programme and would be interested to know how the Golden Suite Class works.

Going back to topic, I can't see if this is the thread for Loyalty Ambassadors but Lucia Reynaud is the LA currently onboard the Ovation.

did I miss something - what is Golden Suite Class?

did I miss something - what is Golden Suite Class?

One liner from RCL FAQ: df8edf099dcf18feb166687178d13d95.jpg

There is not much information about it. All I know is onboard the Ovation, 4 concierges replace the Genies + lone concierge in taking care of all suite passengers during the China season. There are no complimentary amenities for the upper category suites such as included internet, beverage packages and speciality dining. I am not sure how it differs from the usual suite programme rolled out across the fleet on non Oasis and Quantum class ships.

Thanks for the information; I updated the Google Doc.

This thread only covers Concierges. I don't know if there is another Cruise Critic thread that covers LAs.

Sherri, I'll be boarding Explorer in 11 days and I've already gotten the email from the concierge, Denzil Fernandes. I will ask him when he plans on going on vacation and if he knows who will replace him in the CL. I'll also go to the Diamond Lounge and get that person's name, date of vacation, and replacement.

Sherri, I'll be boarding Explorer in 11 days and I've already gotten the email from the concierge, Denzil Fernandes. I will ask him when he plans on going on vacation and if he knows who will replace him in the CL. I'll also go to the Diamond Lounge and get that person's name, date of vacation, and replacement.

Thanks Karen. I have Denzil on EX to November but your information will be more timely. And I had Jorge Delgado in the DL but that needs updated -- he boarded in 7-2016.

Trying to find a contact for the diamond concierge for the Jewel. Anyone know (I already checked google doc)?

Trying to figure out what time the muster drill will be on an upcoming med cruise.

Muster is generally 30 minutes before departure from port.

(if your cruise leaves at 5 pm muster will begin at 4:30 pm)

I have been on Muster drills where drill has been delayed because of delayed sailaway time. The best musters are where you can be inside and sit instead of standing in the sun....

Muster is generally 30 minutes before departure from port.

(if your cruise leaves at 5 pm muster will begin at 4:30 pm)

I have been on Muster drills where drill has been delayed because of delayed sailaway time. The best musters are where you can be inside and sit instead of standing in the sun....

Thanks so much!! It's been awhile since we've been on Royal :)

We have reworked the Google Doc and the format so that only administrators will be allowed to make updates. From now on, one of the administrators or I will update the Google Doc from information that has been posted on this thread. If we find out information that has not been posted here, we will also post the new information on the thread.

The new link is: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Pz4Im5qh4cqd1zE5A9srLm3wGd0_SNZwTdbLTa59EF4/edit#gid=0

We have reworked the Google Doc and the format so that only administrators will be allowed to make updates. From now on, one of the administrators or I will update the Google Doc from information that has been posted on this thread. If we find out information that has not been posted here, we will also post the new information on the thread.

The new link is: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Pz4Im5qh4cqd1zE5A9srLm3wGd0_SNZwTdbLTa59EF4/edit#gid=0

Great idea Sherri, and the format seems simpler now too.:)

Thank you for this new upgrade - I was always clicking on the wrong page. I realize this is a first world problem ;) , but not the doc is first rate.

Is someone else tracking the genies on a different thread? It may not be important, since there are at least 3 on each ship; I'm just curious.

Just wanted to give a shout out to Mangesh, concierge on the Vision. He was amazing, and truly one of the best things about the ship! The best conceige we've ever had!

Do you know if Mangesh will be on for the trip from New Jersey to Galveston in October