Current Concierges continued discussion

This was my 3rd cruise in 3 years that went to Honduras and we were always off by 8:45 and before group 2 and 3.

All I can say is you were fortunate to be off by 8:45. We probably went to Honduras 15 times in the last year and pretty much delayed every time and always felt it was fast if off between 9:00 and 9:15. It is up to the Debarkation Officer as to how and when groups are released off the ship - the Concierge and others just follows directions. Just think it is pretty strong for you to say Jorge lied to you over and over about the delay. I know debarkation can be very frustrating in Galveston and believe me, Jorge wanted his group off the ship just as fast as you - his work time isn't finished until he has his group off.

Carla

All I can say is you were fortunate to be off by 8:45. We probably went to Honduras 15 times in the last year and pretty much delayed every time and always felt it was fast if off between 9:00 and 9:15. It is up to the Debarkation Officer as to how and when groups are released off the ship - the Concierge and others just follows directions. Just think it is pretty strong for you to say Jorge lied to you over and over about the delay. I know debarkation can be very frustrating in Galveston and believe me, Jorge wanted his group off the ship just as fast as you - his work time isn't finished until he has his group off.

Carla

again he is a liar and this is part of his answer to my complaint letter

I can assure you that this is not the way how we conduct this process and every day we look for better alternatives to enhance your experience onboard any of our ships in Royal Caribbean International.

RCCL also said is my complaint letter to them that suite perk of getting off 1st is still in place

Karen, think John is speaking of the Jorge on the Explorer.

Jorge Gutierrez is due back on the Liberty 9/10 as a permanent Concierge! Yay, we love Jorge G!

Carla

Jorge G has always been very good with us. If it was the Honduras route, you got off very early.

That is a Jorge Gutteriz on the Liberty. We also found him to be somewhat useless.

Jorge Delgado on the Explorer is one of the best.

Thanks for clarifying which Jorge is on which ship. I checked the GoogleDoc and their last names are correct. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Pz4Im5qh4cqd1zE5A9srLm3wGd0_SNZwTdbLTa59EF4/edit#gid=0

I was so looking forward to seeing Jorge G on the Enchantment next week.

[emoji20]

Carlington is nice, though.

They need to get someone there.

Willie is covering both lounges.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Have heard good things about Carlington from folks who have sailed with him.

Always fascinating how some folks love a concierge while others despise him/her.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

True, very true. I will not name a name because some will love him and some hate him but we have sailed many times over the years with a certain individual who used to completely ignore us and rub us the wrong way. Somehow over the years we have learned to love him and his attitude towards us has also totally changed.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Another EX Concierge update from my cohort who is onboard:

August 18 is the day Jorge will return and Chris goes home. Jorge will return to the DL and Denzil will remain the the CL..

I updated the Google Doc

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Pz4Im5qh4cqd1zE5A9srLm3wGd0_SNZwTdbLTa59EF4/edit#gid=0

Good to see that he is returning the 18th. We will be joining him.

GR update -- Rahul Barua moved to CL; Francis Calmag boarded and is in DL. Carlington Berry disembarked and will be rotating concierge for LB (boarding tomorrow -- 6-25-2017) and EN.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Pz4Im5qh4cqd1zE5A9srLm3wGd0_SNZwTdbLTa59EF4/edit#gid=0

Is that Rahul from Freedom? If so, I wonder who he pissed off. [emoji33]

Rahul asked to leave the Freedom. He did not want to go to the Mediterranean and had requested this change before Freedom left Port Canaveral. He told me he had requested the Oasis or Allure or any ship that wasn't leaving for the Med. and prefers US ports. I can't say exactly why but he did request the change. He, Bertie and Carlington had been on the Freedom a long time. Not sure where Bertie went though.

Ask for Oasis and end up on Grandeur, ouch.

He actually didn't care which ship from what he said as long as he is in the US base. I think if I were a Concierge I would find the GR better than Oasis. Those people are tied to their computers night and day! The very best Hotel Director in the fleet IMHO, John Denton, is on the Majesty! He's there because he want to be in Port Canaveral close to his home so even though a smaller ship with no bells or whistles, it works for him!

Since we have probably sailed Freedom more than any other ship in the fleet, we have sailed with Willie, Rahul, and Amit many, many times and I have always thought all of them did a good job. I have no idea about why he left or wanted to leave. Same for the others. I did "hear through the grapevine" that one of them fell from the graces of D+/P because he preferred suite guests:rolleyes:

Is that Rahul from Freedom? If so, I wonder who he pissed off. [emoji33]

As Torpedo explained, Rahul did not piss off anyone. He asked for the transfer. RCI also wanted a Spanish or Italian speaking Concierge. He basicaly switched places with Geslani Araujo as of 2-26-2017. I think she speaks Spanish.

I have been emailing him to check on rotations etc. and he sounds happy. I think Grandeur passengers are a good group.

Bertie Almeda is in FR's CL until September or October and Amit is coming in July.

Carlington was on GR with Rahul for a few months but now he is the relief Concierge for LB and EN.

Amit Chattopadhyay is joining FR in July, 2017.

I have sailed with all these Concierges and they are all great. We sailed on FR with Rahul since 2010 and wish he was still on a Port C based ship or another Florida port.