Current Concierges continued discussion

I'm curious. What does it matter who is the concierge? Would you go on a cruise just because of who the concierge is? If not, why is it important to know who is where? Just curious.

Actually, there are a couple of them that would tip the decision if I was trying to decide between two cruises. Especially if it’s been a long time since I’ve seen them. Let me ask a question in reverse. If you knew that a friend of yours was on a particular cruise would that influence your decision? You might not believe that an employee could be considered a “friend” but there is one I’m thinking of right now that we’ve spent over 100 nights with and haven’t seen him for a few years.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm curious. What does it matter who is the concierge? Would you go on a cruise just because of who the concierge is? If not, why is it important to know who is where? Just curious.

Some are better than others and can enhance the cruise experience. Sometimes it's just someone one has become comfortable with.

Do you have any fond memories of concierges that have enhanced your cruising experience? Many on this thread do and have formed relationships with their favorites.

Cruise Critic is simply a forum for entertainment and sharing information. Sherri does an excellent job keeping this thread up. I find it very interesting to see which concierge we may be cruising with on our next adventure.

Thank you to Sherri for taking the time to keep this thread updated. :)

Actually, there are a couple of them that would tip the decision if I was trying to decide between two cruises. Especially if it’s been a long time since I’ve seen them. Let me ask a question in reverse. If you knew that a friend of yours was on a particular cruise would that influence your decision? You might not believe that an employee could be considered a “friend” but there is one I’m thinking of right now that we’ve spent over 100 nights with and haven’t seen him for a few years.

Thank you for your thoughtful response. I'm afraid my response will disappoint you. No, I would not go on a trip just because a friend is on it. The itinerary is more important in my decision making. We've had some very good concierges and some ok concierges. I don't remember any of their names. I remember a handful of them, but not their names. However, I've never been on a ship longer than 16 days. Maybe that makes the difference.

Do you have any fond memories of concierges that have enhanced your cruising experience? Many on this thread do and have formed relationships with their favorites.

Cruise Critic is simply a forum for entertainment and sharing information. Sherri does an excellent job keeping this thread up. I find it very interesting to see which concierge we may be cruising with on our next adventure.

No criticism was intended of Sherri or those who keep up with the changes. I just wondered if there was something I was missing or not understanding. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Thank you for your thoughtful response. I'm afraid my response will disappoint you. No, I would not go on a trip just because a friend is on it. The itinerary is more important in my decision making. We've had some very good concierges and some ok concierges. I don't remember any of their names. I remember a handful of them, but not their names. However, I've never been on a ship longer than 16 days. Maybe that makes the difference.

I always try to realize that we are all at different levels of cruising and that I’m no longer at the level where I started. At this point the ship is starting to become the destination. I do still sometimes focus on the itinerary but not always and we don’t always get off the ship these days. For instance, I have the Oasis booked three times in the next couple of months and can’t even tell you which islands it goes to.

No criticism here on your preferred way of cruising. We all pay our money and all look for different things.

We are currently on the Rhapsody. To confirm the Conceirge (CL) is Alan Del Fierro. The Diamond Concierge (DL) is Ligia Kandler. Both are excellent.

Thanks for the update! Will be on board in less than two weeks. Enjoy the rest of your cruise! :)

I love the little Vision class ships, and sorry to see them going away. :(

How was the CL? Crowded?

We also love the Vision class (also like the Radiance class).

We went to the DL before dinner (5:30pm). Very crowded in DL (and slow service). We are with our daughter, who is Diamond. After dinner, we went up to the CL. Very few people between 7:00pm to closing. Alan seemed lonely.

We also love the Vision class (also like the Radiance class).

We went to the DL before dinner (5:30pm). Very crowded in DL (and slow service). We are with our daughter, who is Diamond. After dinner, we went up to the CL. Very few people between 7:00pm to closing. Alan seemed lonely.

Me too, Radiance class is our favorite...followed by Vision class. :)

Thanks for the info...We will try to keep Alan company. ;)

Thanks Pat!