Oasis is Late Today

Oasis is not scheduled to get to the pilot pick-up location until 6:45am today. That's compared to normal timing of about 5:00 am, There will be some passengers missing those early flights.

It's going to be a wild scene for a while with disembarkment :eek:

I wonder if the authorities eg. FBI, etc. will board first and what delay it will create.

As the person involved has been identified as a Brazilian national, the incident happened in international waters, and the ship is not US flag, the FBI nor any US law enforcement agency have any jurisdiction. The Brazilian consulate and the Bahamian consulate may send officials, and RCI will of course send a legal team, but this should not affect turn around day to any significant degree.

Another example for why not to book a 9am flight out of FLL.

It's so misleading when someone posts a totally uneventful fast disembarkment and guarantees some one will make it too.

Oasis is making a bee line to port now, when some were planning to get off now;)

We are due to board today. Will try to post from port since I bet we will be sitting around awhile.

On Oasis now we are pulling into the dock

To each of you, I hope it goes as smooth as possible today.

To each of our fellow cruisers departing today, go easy on the crew. You can bet they are busting their butts to get everyone off, everything ready, and everyone onboard as best they can. Give them all a special thank you. I am sure they will appreciate it.

But I am sure there will also be those doing nothing but complaining to them if they can't board when expected or any other little thing. That's why your thanks will be appreciated.

As the person involved has been identified as a Brazilian national, the incident happened in international waters, and the ship is not US flag, the FBI nor any US law enforcement agency have any jurisdiction. The Brazilian consulate and the Bahamian consulate may send officials, and RCI will of course send a legal team, but this should not affect turn around day to any significant degree.

The jumper is a US LPR, so yes US law enforcement will be involved, BSO will have the lead.

Usually this is a typical thing, the county LEO only responds, but because of the you tube video many agencies have to get involved.

LPR??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Green card holder. Has same rights as US citizen. After holding LPR status for five years, eligible to become US citizen.

= lives in the U.S.

It's so misleading when someone posts a totally uneventful fast disembarkment and guarantees some one will make it too.

Oasis is making a bee line to port now, when some were planning to get off now;)

I don't recall anyone guaranteeing anything around here. Most of the time things do go right and the flights can be made. If someone has their head buried so far down in the sand that they don't realize there is a possibility that things could go wrong and flights can be missed then maybe they shouldn't be traveling.:rolleyes: Should folks end their posts with the disclaimer that if someone happens to go overboard on your cruise you might miss your early flight?

Edited by Ocean Boy

We had luggage valet and arrived at airport at 8:30. Friends made their 9:15 flight. If you were savvy, an early riser and someone who skipped breakfast, there wasn't much waiting, just chaos. Saw some pushing, shoving, hollering and some rudeness in our walk off line.

We had luggage valet and arrived at airport at 8:30. Friends made their 9:15 flight. If you were savvy, an early riser and someone who skipped breakfast, there wasn't much waiting, just chaos. Saw some pushing, shoving, hollering and some rudeness in our walk off line.

Explain savvy to those still getting off at 10:30 as someone else posted.

The jumper is a US LPR, so yes US law enforcement will be involved, BSO will have the lead.

Usually this is a typical thing, the county LEO only responds, but because of the you tube video many agencies have to get involved.

What does LPR, BSO, LEO mean?