Please join us - Spain to the New World on a new ship - LIVE from Oceania Riviera

kazu

Man o man I do hope they clear up that medical & sanitation issue before they pull in to Miami. If not, a late boarding for us.

Wayne & Debbie

As long as they don't hit the 3% there most likely won't be deep cleaning I believe. I'll keep you updated here so that at least you have an idea.

I suspect your boarding will be a tad delayed in any case as the ship will be due for a CDC inspection since she has been away from the U.S. for a while.

in our experience they have had them at the bottom of the gangway (both sides) & at the top before scanning your card

also after the xray machines

Some people miss them as they are juggling their bags & searching for the cruise card

I am sure the next cruise will be delayed in boarding times as you say even just the inspection will be cause for delay

if an outbreak it will be even further set back

Hope they get it under control soon or it can carry over & over for the following cruises :eek:

The announcement has just been made by Ray Michaels.

The ship has over 2% (he didn't say how much over) with gastro intestinal sickness and the report has to go to CDC. Full on board safety precautions are being taken and put into effect immediately. (I translate that to code Red)

Both crew and guests are sick.

I am grateful that this has happened at the end of the Transatlantic and not at the beginning.

I don't know if things can be rectified in time for when we dock in Miami. We still have some time to go - so I will keep you all informed.

In my past experience it has taken more than a few days to shake it and sounds like the cases have been increasing not decreasing.

Sorry for the bad news.

Then it was time for dessert.

DH got a BIG surprise....

6d29d97e3b96cc2cba51bd2a7aec733c.jpg

d395c88844c223fbb7f5e18a4305cfc1.jpg

the cake was chocolate with hazelnut and all kinds of delicious stuff (and I am NOT a chocolate fan). I couldn't help but think of HAL's RuthC. she would have loved it.

7ab8d680f739ac95313a7a07b58f3dbd.jpg

and they even sang to DH.!!! Now DH is a relatively private and doesn't like these fusses but he actually enjoyed this!

Then it was time for the after dinner treats with our coffee and tea

071833aee646b98f201cd7d53dbd3a57.jpg

JACQUES ROCKS!!!!! LOVE IT!!!

83fd5782442ef0784a8ac9d28a41dc82.jpg

DH blamed me for the cake and singing. I said NO, I KNOW better!! We thought that the staff had somehow intuitively picked up on the fact that it was his birthday and then the next day we found out.....

THE BUTLER DID IT!!! Our butler had seen my corny birthday decorations and asked Jose whose birthday it was. HE contacted Jacques and let them know.

So all the murder mysteries were right - the butler did it. Yay, for our butler as DH had a lot of fun with it.

And Jacques is highly recommended by all four taste testers.

Very considerate of the Butler.: Can't see a cabin steward doing that on Hal even in a Pent House Suite.D

The announcement has just been made by Ray Michaels.

The ship has over 2% (he didn't say how much over) with gastro intestinal sickness and the report has to go to CDC. Full on board safety precautions are being taken and put into effect immediately. (I translate that to code Red)

Both crew and guests are sick.

I am grateful that this has happened at the end of the Transatlantic and not at the beginning.

I don't know if things can be rectified in time for when we dock in Miami. We still have some time to go - so I will keep you all informed.

In my past experience it has taken more than a few days to shake it and sounds like the cases have been increasing not decreasing.

Sorry for the bad news.

Sorry to hear that the ship has the Noro virus.

Stay healthy!!

Everyone reminds me of high tea. So I went to take a peak and have a bit of an experience.

Our 4 girls were there playing again.

And they were going around serving or you could go to the main area to get something. Why bother if you are going to be served?

Quite nice.

b975a3b9f87c6b69a723e61281e45d40.jpg

1a203a0650d6ca2d2053d1ce9529fcef.jpg

fd9b9372f8e7f2d4cb4f066e2a8378c8.jpg

696a080cc313710947d4d825756c006f.jpg

2ec22f235801abd35f02313e25d7ad67.jpg

b77ac6f8d3765795a8f482e38c7657d2.jpg

All those goodies for tea time are making me hungry.

They look so delicious.

We had an outbreak on Marina midway on our Lima-NYC cruise in April. If you go to the Med Center for meds they will quarantine you (but maybe not for long, DH was only confined to the room for one day). They were scrubbing and scrubbing everything. The worst of it for us was that all meats were well done. Since I only like rare meat, this was a trial for me. (DH prefers meat cooked medium so he didn't have a problem.)

Don't get me wrong -- it wasn't cooked to death, but it *was* cooked more than I like it. So I had to avoid all the steaks and lamb that I always love on Oceania's ships.

(Use those sanitizers!)

In our case the problem apparently continued for more than just the one cruise after ours ... you never know.

Mura

For those that are waiting for their first O cruise, here is a sample of the Currents (the daily paper). This is today's Currents - if people want I can try to post them all. Just let me know!

35338183afb576866b3105d22311be9a.jpg

27aded027f6ae8ec0902c55f554d3663.jpg

7bd8ff28af6af0ffb420a77aa31cbd15.jpg

b2c6d14946458b472a694a629c59c209.jpg

Like most cruise lines, there is always the infamous insert. This is today's

b05a12351e0c800d90a3796e7d64b764.jpg

530a6927be6262ef2f5507e44bb1d45c.jpg

Before I began all the food pictures, I fixed myself a turkey sandwich.

Still looking for pictures of your Penthouse cabin.

We had an outbreak on Marina midway on our Lima-NYC cruise in April. If you go to the Med Center for meds they will quarantine you (but maybe not for long, DH was only confined to the room for one day).

Mura

That is probably why people do not report to the medical centre they do not want to stay in their cabin

Rather be out & infecting others :rolleyes:

I thought I had food poisoning after we got home in May but I think we may have picked up the Noro on the ship

They were starting to go into the super cleaning mode the day we left in Sydney N.S.

Mind you I was so ill I was not leaving my bed for 2 days

good thing DH was not as sick as I was

Oh -- that cake looks so yummy!!

Jose looked very happy with his surprise birthday cake.

He really was. If I had done it I am sure he would not have been but he could tell from my face I had nothing to do with it.

The butler did it :) I just love that statement and he gets full points :)

That is probably why people do not report to the medical centre they do not want to stay in their cabin

Rather be out & infecting others :rolleyes:

I thought I had food poisoning after we got home in May but I think we may have picked up the Noro on the ship

They were starting to go into the super cleaning mode the day we left in Sydney N.S.

Mind you I was so ill I was not leaving my bed for 2 days

good thing DH was not as sick as I was

You are absolutely right in regards to being quarantined.

I have seen it on other ships too.

Sadly those that go around infect others.

We just finished Privee dinner and we are all heathy so far and plan & hope to stay that way.

there is a free container of hand sanitizer on our bed tonight - so that tells the whole story.

When that happens you know you have a full Noro outbreak IMO and experience.

I couldn't help but think of HAL's RuthC. she would have loved it.

Thanks for the honourable mention. ;)

JACQUES ROCKS!!!!! LOVE IT!!!

I agree. It was the one specialty restaurant on Riviera that I thought was truly worth the hype.

That, and Privée, but that's a different offering.

Hope you & Jose can keep the noro germs at bay.

We both had a G.I. illness at the end of summer, so I hope we are immune when we board next week!:p

Another question. DH loves reading magazines. Are there any on offer in he library? He likes most scientific, psychology and magazines like Times.

Or do we have to bring some with us?

Enjoy the rest of your cruise and stay healthy!

We both had a G.I. illness at the end of summer, so I hope we are immune when we board next week!:p

Another question. DH loves reading magazines. Are there any on offer in he library? He likes most scientific, psychology and magazines like Times.

Or do we have to bring some with us?

Enjoy the rest of your cruise and stay healthy!

There are a lot of magazines in the Executive/Concierge Lounge. DH was enjoying them the other day.

I don't recall seeing them in the library but I will do a double check to see and let you know.

I am sure the ship will be deep cleaned before you get on, but by all means wash your hands, use the sanitizers and use your knuckle to press the elevator buttons. ;)

Jack thanks so much for posting.

How is the Trivia going? Friends we made on a TA last year wanted us to join them on your cruise to keep our team intact but we couldn't make it :(

I keep a lookout for them in your photos!

Jack thanks so much for posting.

How is the Trivia going? Friends we made on a TA last year wanted us to join them on your cruise to keep our team intact but we couldn't make it :(

I keep a lookout for them in your photos!

sorry, I was going to play Trivia but the first few games we were still in port so I kind of felt like I was coming too late to the party.

No Big O points for me!

So last night we did Privee...

I booked it a few months ago and we had a lovely group of 10 to enjoy Privee.

For those who don't know, it's a private room for 10. It is behind Toscana (you walk through) at the end of the ship.

507d51abeb175becff29353d75e764f7.jpg

the table at Privee & design

4e47c9a7a7750f34a8eebcb04d632024.jpg

37aa7f61442c0f4d6e836a495bbc070c.jpg

97ceaf05c9bff0d0972f311005d2d564.jpg

see the bowtie & diamond ring? That's what the serviettes were held by. The men had the bowties and the ladies the diamond rings.

1aaa01451c263e686c94b25755e29f0d.jpg

our group.

7d32dd42291052531365fa1054c06c98.jpg

more of Privee......you can order from Toscana or Polo or both - so there are lots of choices for the meal.

b6ec79800133ad602f00f3e8add62dd1.jpg

cdcffad8439b3698b5d351a0e8422cbe.jpg

48db42b8fc0756a5f156f273eec2d1f1.jpg

this picture is a little too far away, sorry. It was Thanksgiving night (American) on the ship and Turkey was available at every restaurant on the ship. One of our dinner companions couldn't resist to have turkey!

c9adfe37374972973ebea85f16b2e784.jpg

780e24e331a4f403f2bfc2f5c84e55b3.jpg