Bringing water and soda onboard.

chloe kitty

Had a case of soda in a carry on and they never even opened it to look at it. Much different than the third-degree you get from Carnival and Royal. (I don't think Carnival even allows water bottles anymore.)

• 11 months later...
This is my first cruise on the Getaway and only my second on NCL. We usually take other cruise lines. What is the policy about bringing bottled water and cans of soda onboard? Thank you!

Norwegian Cruise Line Bans Carry-On Water and Soda. (9 a.m. EDT) -- As of July 15, Norwegian Cruise Line passengers may no longer bring bottled water or soda -- either bottled or in cans -- on their cruise ship. The line claims the policy will help speed up the embarkation process.Jul 5, 2016

Norwegian Cruise Line Bans Carry-On Water and Soda. (9 a.m. EDT) -- As of July 15, Norwegian Cruise Line passengers may no longer bring bottled water or soda -- either bottled or in cans -- on their cruise ship. The line claims the policy will help speed up the embarkation process.Jul 5, 2016

Original post is a year old.

And this is the problem with bumping up an old thread instead of starting a new one. Hopefully those who read it looking for current information read all of the responses.
I think folks use the old threads, because many times when someone asks a question, they are told to do a search and, unfortunately, these threads are resurrected and many times give false information, if changes have been made.

I think folks use the old threads, because many times when someone asks a question, they are told to do a search and, unfortunately, these threads are resurrected and many times give false information, if changes have been made.

I think with a question like this, a yes or no answer, it's better to just ask "can you still bring on beverages" without searching. Other questions that will have longer answers, like "what activities are in the kids clubs" or "how is NCL with food allergies," a search will actually be more informative.

I think with a question like this, a yes or no answer, it's better to just ask "can you still bring on beverages" without searching. Other questions that will have longer answers, like "what activities are in the kids clubs" or "how is NCL with food allergies," a search will actually be more informative.
I think it is easier to either answer the question or ignore the thread if one doesn't want to answer, as I always thought that Cruise Critic was a place to find help from other cruisers.

Anyone know if you can still take a case of water onboard?

Thanks!

No, you cannot - but many people have reported using rum runners successfully in smuggling vodka or gin on board; so a clear liquid like water may also be smuggled on that way. It is uncertain whether a dark liquid like Coke or Pepsi could also be snuck on.

You can buy water and Coke products from the vending machine in the cruise terminal and put them in your carryon. There are no bag checks between there and your cabin. I did it last week. Only needed one bottle of water as the ship's water was fine to refill it as needed. I threw a couple of Diet Cokes in for good measure.

You can buy water and Coke products from the vending machine in the cruise terminal and put them in your carryon. There are no bag checks between there and your cabin. I did it last week. Only needed one bottle of water as the ship's water was fine to refill it as needed. I threw a couple of Diet Cokes in for good measure.

This is good to know, thank you.

This isn't available in all cruise terminals.

We drove down and we packed in our suitcase a case of bottled water. We had called NCL and made sure that we could bring our on stuff with us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

when was your sailing, because the stated policy since July 2016 is that water and soda are NOT allowed to be brought on board.