Latest upsell offer?

big aft

• 11 months later...
How close to the sailing date have you received an upsell offer?

One month? Two weeks? One Week?

Thanks!

We received one yesterday for our New Year's Eve voyage. It was moving us from a balcony to a mini for $299pp for the 7 days and we turned it down. We can pay for our excursions and some Foo-Foo's for the $500 we would pay the bathtub and extra gratuity charges.

In our limited cruising experience, we have received upsells (4 in all out of 5 cruises) any where from 5 days on two different Hawaiian cruises to 30+ for Alaskan or NE/Can cruises. Oh yeah, we have never turned one down as of yet! All of them were for upsells from Mini-suites to Suites! We just love cruising! :eek: :D

Just Mike

BassettInFrontOfFanAnimatedGraphic.gif

When I close my eyes I can feel the sea breeze! ;)

Edited by RetiredNTraveling

We just got one this morning for a cruise on January 19, 2017 on the Royal Princess. This is the furthest out that we've received such an offer and it was from a mini suite to full suite for $649 PP for a 10 day cruise. I did call as there was one suite that looked like it might be worth it but that one was gone when I received the callback and we declined.

A couple years ago my ta notified me of an upsell offer from a mini to a full suite on a 5 day cruise. I remember it well as I had just touched down in Vegas in mid Oct. and checked my phone. The cruise wasn't until March 1! I was very surprised and took it. I had to change cabins after that cruise as I was doing a btb but that was handled by room stewards seamlessly.