Who's Aboard. End of Cruise.....

sail7seas

I think I read HAL no longer prints or distributes the Who's Aboard End of Cruise sheet they always gave us with Officers' Names, nautical miles traveled, weather reports and CREW numbers? Is that true? Why did they eliminate that? I have saved everyone we received from every cruise and it the best reminder of a specific cruise, where we went and who was aboard/how many crew members.

Is that true? Why did they eliminate that?

Not sure if it's true... but if they eliminated it it was probably because it was a huge amount of paper.

[insert arguments about all the sales flyers etc here]

As HAL is always saying they are a green company and try to do green things and the ISO10004 (I think that was the right code) certification as well as Carnival Corp enhanced policies about waste... maybe it's connected to all of that

I hope this isn't happening! Does HAL really have to cut this?

It is a nice remembrance of the cruise and the fact that we were on a SHIP. I keep them all.

I agree and hope it isn't true.

I think I read HAL no longer prints or distributes the Who's Aboard End of Cruise sheet they always gave us with Officers' Names, nautical miles traveled, weather reports and CREW numbers? Is that true? Why did they eliminate that? I have saved everyone we received from every cruise and it the best reminder of a specific cruise, where we went and who was aboard/how many crew members.

Hi, we got one on board the Ryndam...still in my suitcase (we're not home yet).

Susan

I hope not. I keep mine. Can't answer for sure whether it's been (being) eliminated, because our last HAL cruise was over a year ago.

I'm looking at one from a Quebec City to Boston cruise in September 2015. Should I scan it, or will you take me at my word that it exists? ;)

We got a cruise log for each segment of the Statendam's last Alaska cruise, Sept. 7-21, and final voyage, Seattle to Singapore, Sept. 21-Oct 22.

Dan

Cruise Log received for the final HAL voyage of the Statendam. The only thing that was not listed----surely not a biggie----was that Captain Vincent Smit was at the helm from Seattle to Vancouver when Captain Chris Norman came aboard.

This is not something that we find particularly desirable as a keepsake.

Scott & Karen

Different strokes for different folks.

Nothing wrong with that certainly.

But, the Statendam's Cruise Log for her final HAL voyage is a keepsake. And, for future collectors of ocean liner memorabilia, the Cruise Log and anything and all related to her wonderful passage to Singapore will have a value to those persons.

I think that's a bad rumor ;)