On Freedom right now...

dreday3

First night was really rocky, but we got to Cococay yesterday, awesome. Had dinner at Chops and it was great.

Today is super windy, rocky again and overcast.

I have to ask, is the vibration normal? I mean, it's crazy in our room....is it the wind? You can see yourself vibrating just sitting on the bed! :D

I have been reading updates from other cruisers posting live that their travels have been both windy and waves causing the ships to rock.

Mostly Eastern.

Wonder if that is typical for this time of year.

We have never sailed in December.

Safe travels.

Thanks for your post.

Yes. Sadly this is our first cruise and it's not leaving me with a great feeling about ever going on another! :D

Sorry to hear! We got off on Sunday. We felt more vibration than on our previous two aft experiences on Freedom class ships. The ocean was also more rough than in the past, particularly on our two sea days. However, after 3 cruises around December it has been our experience that the seas are indeed more rough during this time of year. Our best experiences have been March, April, June... Hope it calms down for you!

Are they done with the renovations at the Promenade Café and future cruise desk? We were bummed that our regular spots in the Promenade café were not available. We had a great cruise overall, though. I hope you will return with positive memories.

I was on the Getaway last year during this same week and it was like that. Rough seas, windy, I got seasick the second day. I could hear the boat at night, I was forward cabin. Last two days of the cruise it was smooth sailing and sunny. We has some overcast during the week but it was fairly warm. It's the end of hurricane season. Not all cruises are like that, sometimes it's so smooth you can't tell you're on the water. It did make me rethink cruising in November again. I've cruised mid December before and it was great. You'll be fine.

Edited by Siora7777

I have been reading updates from other cruisers posting live that their travels have been both windy and waves causing the ships to rock.

Mostly Eastern.

Wonder if that is typical for this time of year.

We have never sailed in December.

Safe travels.

Thanks for your post.

Western out of Tampa on Brilliance was quite Rocky on the first sea day, fine coming back.

I'm curious about the renovations on the Promenade area as well. We are sailing on the 12/27 cruise and are hoping they will be finished so the NYE party won't be anymore "squished" than usual. Any updates would be appreciated.

Yes. Sadly this is our first cruise and it's not leaving me with a great feeling about ever going on another! :D
Weather is weather you have zero control over it, why would you ever think of not cruising because it's 'too windy"..:rolleyes::rolleyes:........Also see you have over three hundred posts without ever cruising???

felt more vibration than on our previous two aft experiences on Freedom class ships.

We are considering booking our first aft so your comment about more vibration has me a bit concerned. We've been on FOS before and have felt vibration but never noticed it in our cabin which is usually mid ship. Will this vibration be annoying?

Sorry to hear! We got off on Sunday. We felt more vibration than on our previous two aft experiences on Freedom class ships. The ocean was also more rough than in the past, particularly on our two sea days. However, after 3 cruises around December it has been our experience that the seas are indeed more rough during this time of year. Our best experiences have been March, April, June... Hope it calms down for you!

Are they done with the renovations at the Promenade Café and future cruise desk? We were bummed that our regular spots in the Promenade café were not available. We had a great cruise overall, though. I hope you will return with positive memories.

The renovations are supposed to be finished today. The new Next Cruise office is going to have its grand opening tomorrow or Saturday.

Weather is weather you have zero control over it, why would you ever think of not cruising because it's 'too windy"..:rolleyes::rolleyes:........Also see you have over three hundred posts without ever cruising???

The OP first impressions of cruising are of a rocky ship and lots of vibration. If someone is nervous about cruising and this is what they experience first time out, it can be a little off putting. My first cruise was on the Sovereign with a noreaster coming up the east coast. We rocked and rolled really badly. Shows were cancelled because it was too dangerous for the dancers, dining room was half empty because so many were sick, walking down the passageway to cabins was difficult because you bounced back and forth off the walls. Took me a few years to try another cruise. Calm, flat seas and seven days of perfect weather totally changed how I felt about cruising.

The OP was very excited about her first cruise. Hopefully, she will give it another try and see how things can be so different cruise to cruise.

.Also see you have over three hundred posts without ever cruising???

Really???? What does that have to do with anything? :confused: Why are you being so rude to the OP? They said absolutely NOTHING derogatory about Royal Caribbean, they are new to cruising and was wondering if what they are experiencing is normal and they get bombarded with the usual rude reply and :rolleyes::rolleyes: emojicons.

I dont get it. And Im still really confused as to how their post count is relevant.

Edited by ryano

......Also see you have over three hundred posts without ever cruising???

I also find this shocking! I'm sure I must have posted at least 1,000 checking into all aspects before our first cruise. Op really needs to get on the ball.

/joking/

Well, mostly joking. I'm not looking to find out how many posts I made prior to our first cruise though. I'm sure it was way over 300. I wanted to know and understand every. single. thing. It was on the Quantum maiden. We hit something I've heard referred to as a "force 11 storm". I'm not sure where they got that, but if force 11 equals walking on walls and guests in the upper decks thrown out of their beds by the waves when it hit, then yup. Still had a great time and just completed our second cruise with a third already booked. I guess we don't discourage easily. :eek: :D :cool:

Both the DH and myself noticed vibration and noise on all Freedom cruises when we wondered back to the aft and visited friends that had aft cabins. Yet, there are many that swear by them. (Hello Gary ;) ).

On one of our previous cruises some years ago, I actually wondered up and down the hallway on deck 10 listening to noises from above on a sea day (pool area, can be noisy too) and the noise, vibration areas down the entire hallway. That is how I picked our current cabin, 1290 and have used the same cabin on the last three cruises. :) Anal?? You betcha!! :p :p

Edited by island lady

The OP first impressions of cruising are of a rocky ship and lots of vibration. If someone is nervous about cruising and this is what they experience first time out, it can be a little off putting. My first cruise was on the Sovereign with a noreaster coming up the east coast. We rocked and rolled really badly. Shows were cancelled because it was too dangerous for the dancers, dining room was half empty because so many were sick, walking down the passageway to cabins was difficult because you bounced back and forth off the walls. Took me a few years to try another cruise. Calm, flat seas and seven days of perfect weather totally changed how I felt about cruising.

The OP was very excited about her first cruise. Hopefully, she will give it another try and see how things can be so different cruise to cruise.

Well put, good advice...K.O.:)

I also find this shocking! I'm sure I must have posted at least 1,000 checking into all aspects before our first cruise. Op really needs to get on the ball.

/joking/

Well, mostly joking. I'm not looking to find out how many posts I made prior to our first cruise though. I'm sure it was way over 300. I wanted to know and understand every. single. thing. It was on the Quantum maiden. We hit something I've heard referred to as a "force 11 storm". I'm not sure where they got that, but if force 11 equals walking on walls and guests in the upper decks thrown out of their beds by the waves when it hit, then yup. Still had a great time and just completed our second cruise with a third already booked. I guess we don't discourage easily. :eek: :D :cool:

Well the only thing I say to that then is...thorough!.....Was on Quantum this year and experienced winds of 71 knots, barely felt it in my stateroom.

By the way Sovereign of the Seas was my first cruise, not sure CC even existed or any other web search like we have today?...:eek:

By the way Sovereign of the Seas was my first cruise, not sure CC even existed or any other web search like we have today?...:eek:

Yup, "SOS" had a strong following of fans. Those that still miss her also. Sovereign's baby sister Monarch was my first Sovereign class ship. Wish I could have had the opportunity to sail with her big sister also. Ahhh...bye gone eras...sigh.

Is the Freedom aft vibration something new? I didnt notice it 2 years ago (last time on freedom) If so does anyone know whats causing it? I remember about a year ago I heard there was issues with one of the azipods but that was supposed to be fixed during the last drydock. Same vibration?