Last day on ship, help with tip question!

dreday3

We received wow envelopes. Do we put the tip for cabin steward and waiters in the envelopes and give to them directly?

Thanks! :)

Your expected gratuities were either pre paid or charged daily to your seapass account and have already paid gratuities for cabin attendant and dining staff. If you wish to give extra and thought the service was outstanding you can use the envelopes to give extra to whomever yu like. Do not feel obligated just because they provided the envelopes.

We received wow envelopes. Do we put the tip for cabin steward and waiters in the envelopes and give to them directly?

Thanks! :)

Your tips should have been added to your on board account daily if you hadn't prepaid them prior to boarding. Those envelopes are for any additional tips you want to give someone you felt went above and beyond.

Are you doing better with the movement and vibration of the ship? I hope seas have settled down for you.:)

Yes. :D I wrote a reply just now in that other thread, I hadn't had a chance to. The vibration, eh, I will just know next time not to book in this small section. :D

Yes. :D I wrote a reply just now in that other thread, I hadn't had a chance to. The vibration, eh, I will just know next time not to book in this small section. :D

What part of the ship did you book in? Thankfully, I've never had issues with sea sickness on cruise ships, however, small boats do me in everytime. Our cabin is far aft this time (over looking the Boardwalk). Hopefully, this won't be an issue.

If you are in a full suite they always provided envelopes for tipping the Concierge and Concierge lounge bar waiters, but not enough envelopes for additional tips to the cabin steward and wait staff. We just gave them their extra tips folded up in a handshake.

Calm my nerves. :)

Boat is moving a lot today and they said we may get 8 to 10 foot waves heading up to Port Canaveral. Will ship still be able to dock on time?:)

I wouldn't be concerned, if the Captain thought you were going to be late, he would have said something. Enjoy you last day on the ship.:)

Calm my nerves. :)

Boat is moving a lot today and they said we may get 8 to 10 foot waves heading up to Port Canaveral. Will ship still be able to dock on time?:)

No problem, 8-10 ft waves are minor.

We bring thank you cards and envelopes when we cruise, and use them to write a note and include cash tips. Not hard to stick the cards in your suitcase, and a little more personal than cruise line envelopes (and handy if they are not provided). :)

This is my fear about auto tips, we are now expected to tip again.

Soon you'll be accused of stiffing staff if you don't.

That is not the case at all.

The envelopes are provided in the event you choose to exceed the auto tips. As long as you leave the auto tips in place, nothing else is required.

I've always felt that my waiter / asst waiter / steward provided services at a level that exceeded my needs, and so I've always given an additional amount of $10-$50, based on each individual's performance.

I actually gave my asst waiter a larger tip than my waiter on my last cruise, because the asst waiter made sure my drink was never empty the entire meal. I have a swallowing disorder, and cannot eat solid food without liquid to wash it down. Many times in land restaurants I've been sitting there looking at a plate full of food that I couldn't eat because the server was nowhere to be found and my drink was empty. I never once encountered that on my last cruise, because the asst waiter was always right there replacing my glass the moment it was emptied (and they are not large glasses, so he was *constantly* switching me out!).

That kind of attention to detail is a HUGE deal to me, and I felt his dedication to his duties deserved the additional compensation. However, even if I hadn't tipped additional money, he would have still gotten the "suggested amount" from the auto tips. Whether I hand him the "suggested amount" in an envelope at the end of the week or whether it gets charged to my account daily is immaterial.

If you normally tip the "suggested amount" and nothing more, that is perfectly fine -- nothing more is required of you beyond paying your account at the end of the week with Guest Relations. If you normally tip the "suggested amount plus a bit more" then you just put the "bit more" in an envelope at the end of the week.