OC could learn a lesson here

travelingduo

After enduring several "issues" on the 12/2 Riviera sailing resulting in a missed port and extra days at sea,I thought OC might learn a thing or two from Seabourn. Its the thought that counts.

We look forward to welcoming you aboard the beautiful Seabourn Sojourn for our sailing departing December 6. At this time we do need to advise you of a change to our itinerary.

Due to unscheduled maintenance we will extend our call to Singapore to include an overnight stay, and will set sail once the work is finished. We expect to complete the maintenance within 36 hours and to depart Singapore at approximately 8:00 pm on Monday, December 7. We apologize for this itinerary revision and greatly appreciate your understanding.

In order to enhance your additional time in Singapore we’re happy to provide a very special onboard event on the evening of December 6 to celebrate the culture and artistry of Singapore. Our onboard team will have more information for you once you embark.

We’d also like to offer you a complimentary shore excursion in Singapore on December 7; our Destinations team is finalizing some unique and exciting excursion options to choose from once you are aboard. Please visit Seabourn Square upon embarkation to select your preferred tour.

In addition, we’ll also provide complimentary round-trip shuttle service into the city throughout the day, to allow you an opportunity to enjoy some shopping and sightseeing. Again, times and destinations will be provided on board.

As a result of our extended time in Singapore we have also cancelled our port call to Georgetown, Penang, Malaysia. Any shore excursions you booked through Seabourn for Georgetown will be refunded to you, and any applicable revision to the taxes, fees and port expenses for this voyage will be posted to your onboard account.

Offer is $150/pax shipboard credit as compensation.

After enduring several "issues" on the 12/2 Riviera sailing resulting in a missed port and extra days at sea,I thought OC might learn a thing or two from Seabourn. Its the thought that counts.

We look forward to welcoming you aboard the beautiful Seabourn Sojourn for our sailing departing December 6. At this time we do need to advise you of a change to our itinerary.

Due to unscheduled maintenance we will extend our call to Singapore to include an overnight stay, and will set sail once the work is finished. We expect to complete the maintenance within 36 hours and to depart Singapore at approximately 8:00 pm on Monday, December 7. We apologize for this itinerary revision and greatly appreciate your understanding.

In order to enhance your additional time in Singapore we’re happy to provide a very special onboard event on the evening of December 6 to celebrate the culture and artistry of Singapore. Our onboard team will have more information for you once you embark.

We’d also like to offer you a complimentary shore excursion in Singapore on December 7; our Destinations team is finalizing some unique and exciting excursion options to choose from once you are aboard. Please visit Seabourn Square upon embarkation to select your preferred tour.

In addition, we’ll also provide complimentary round-trip shuttle service into the city throughout the day, to allow you an opportunity to enjoy some shopping and sightseeing. Again, times and destinations will be provided on board.

As a result of our extended time in Singapore we have also cancelled our port call to Georgetown, Penang, Malaysia. Any shore excursions you booked through Seabourn for Georgetown will be refunded to you, and any applicable revision to the taxes, fees and port expenses for this voyage will be posted to your onboard account.

Offer is $150/pax shipboard credit as compensation.

what a nice message to get :)

You are on the ship now? Sorry to hear that you too are missing ports (we got off when you got on).

Was it weather issues?

Or an itinerary change that you didn't get informed on.?

It is nice when ships do something when you can't make the ports. It at least gives you the impression they care.

And nothing was good. It was Pride and I know how much some people love the small ship feeling, but in that dock, Singapore, OMG, nothing was right. The drapes blew out of the window, the sliding doors didn't work...not worth mentioning. It was a VERY GOOD CRUISE and Seabourn DID STEP UP to the plate. I am sure not all of the cruise lines would do this. Still, we met the most interesting cruisers and had a great time.

We were sailing on the Seabourn Sojourn once when it ran into some rather nasty weather and we were unable to make two ports. That made for five days at sea - and a rough sea at that. Oh well. As many have said, things like this happen and we did not concern ourselves about it. It seems Seabourn was concerned though and, without anyone we know of complaining about the situation and/or demanding something, sent guests a very thoughtful letter crediting onboard accounts with the port taxes for those two ports and giving a quite decent discount on a future cruise of choice. To us, at least, that speaks of a class act.

I am not Stan&Jim and I admit to being an O fan but I do think things happen that cannot always be resolved to every ones pleasure.

I am NOT saying that people were unhappy shouldn't have been.

What I AM saying is that it seems to me that those of us who have been on many Oceania cruises, and have been happy with the product, are more tolerant of problems than those who are sailing for the first time.

And I am NOT saying that the first timers who have decided to avoid O in the future are wrong. It this had been my first O cruise, I probably would have felt the same way.

As I have said, we were on the Marina cruise last spring where Noro jumped up. We were not happy. But because we have had many uneventful cruises, we are not jumping ship.

And I am not denying that O might have handled this particular outbreak better. We didn't complain about how matters were handled on our Marina cruise last April/May because we thought it was handled well enough. But that was a different cruise with a different crew.

We are NOT cancelling our next booked cruises because people were unhappy with this Riviera cruise.

Now, if these problems keep on recurring -- very unusual for O -- that might change our minds.

I have taken note of the posts that say that you need to WASH YOUR HANDS and not depend on sanitizers that really don't deal with a virus. I've always done so myself ... and will do more in the future.

Mura

I am not Stan&Jim and I admit to being an O fan but I do think things happen that cannot always be resolved to every ones pleasure.

I am NOT saying that people were unhappy shouldn't have been.

What I AM saying is that it seems to me that those of us who have been on many Oceania cruises, and have been happy with the product, are more tolerant of problems than those who are sailing for the first time.

And I am NOT saying that the first timers who have decided to avoid O in the future are wrong. It this had been my first O cruise, I probably would have felt the same way.

As I have said, we were on the Marina cruise last spring where Noro jumped up. We were not happy. But because we have had many uneventful cruises, we are not jumping ship.

And I am not denying that O might have handled this particular outbreak better. We didn't complain about how matters were handled on our Marina cruise last April/May because we thought it was handled well enough. But that was a different cruise with a different crew.

We are NOT cancelling our next booked cruises because people were unhappy with this Riviera cruise.

Now, if these problems keep on recurring -- very unusual for O -- that might change our minds.

I have taken note of the posts that say that you need to WASH YOUR HANDS and not depend on sanitizers that really don't deal with a virus. I've always done so myself ... and will do more in the future.

Mura

I am a big O fan and will keep sailing on her. BUT when things are not done right than O has to have her feet held to the fire also. People who post with blinders on and say O can do no wrong are giving the wrong message to all who are reading these boards.

This is talking about a Seabourn cruise, not Oceania.

I was commenting on this statement

<<<<After enduring several "issues" on the 12/2 Riviera sailing resulting in a missed port and extra days at sea>>>

Clearly says Riviera

I think many are reading something into what people are writing. I cruise "O" and like it, I've had a few problems from time to time. However with SilverSeas when we had a problem and nothing to talk about--they stepped up bettter than "O". Doesn't mean I won't cruise "O", We happen to like the suites better and the open dining better.

Rick

I was commenting on this statement

<<<<After enduring several "issues" on the 12/2 Riviera sailing resulting in a missed port and extra days at sea>>>

Clearly says Riviera

OP clearly said Riviera but I think he/she had the wrong cruise date. I think the reference was to the Riviera that arrived in MIA 12/2.

What the original post clearly states is that with Seabourn when a problem arose, the cruise line compensated the pax with refunds, freebies,added entertainment and information. With Oceania it seems a wall of silence comes down and you don't even get a free drink. It is called PR and it works!