No daily water in Aqua class per Corp email to ship

TJW

Recent AQ posts say better towels are back

On our last cruise I mentioned the ripped, stained, frayed towels and underwhelming canapes/savories on our comment card...

The very next day....all new plush towels arrived & great afternoon snacks each day!

There is hope that A Q class can be great again....I have all my spa services picked out....can't wait for a great AQ, BLU, Canyon Ranch experience....bringing my own water just in case!

Some of the posters will probably say you should be thankful just to get a cabin on the ship.

I will be thankful if I wouldn't have to pay more and receive less. TA for 2017 price is up almost 30% over 2015 pricing.

On our TA on Silhouette, we got water every day, but no flowers, or white mesh bag with sleepers and special toiletries. Bathroom towels were not what used to be - big, soft and fluffy, but kind of worn. All these small things add up into a disappointment with the whole company, who promoting a Modern Luxury. Reality is showing the difference..

So, has anyone else noticed that now the Welcome Aboard sparkling wine, daily canapes and thicker towels are now also missing?:(

(There might be more things..... that's just what i noticed.)

Chip, chip, chip........ :(

What is the matter with some people on this Forum! Read what your benefits are rather than posting wild assumptions. Aqua staterooms receive the amenities listed PLUS those listed for a Concierge stateroom!

In addition Concierge Class staterooms include:

Services

• Priority check-in
  • Express luggage delivery
  • Personalized Concierge service
  • Priority disembarkation based on your travel needs
  • Complimentary shoeshine service
  • Access to the exclusive Concierge Class Pre-departure Lounge

Dining

• Main and specialty restaurant seating time preferences
  • Expanded room service menu

Amenities

• Welcome Blanc de Blancs sparkling wine with a commemorative label featuring exclusive art work from the ArtCenter/South Florida artists
  • Pillow menu to suit your sleeping preferences (ask your room steward for this if you want it)
  • Daily delivery of Afternoon Savories
  • Plush bathrobes
  • Fresh fruit
  • Custom-blended bath amenities
  • Use of binoculars and golf umbrella
  • Extra handheld hair dryer
  • Celebrity tote bag

Stateroom Features

• Hansgrohe® massaging showerhead

Edited by El Crucero

Complimentary access to the Persian Garden and Relaxation Room (Relaxation Room on Solstice Class only

Does this mean that Persian Garden is NOT complimentary on Solstice Class?

:confused:

It means that only Solstice class ships have a Relaxation Room.

You are wrong, el crucero - the website no longer says AQ receives the CC amenities plus:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/staterooms-aqua-class-stateroom#

Correct. That phrase "AQ gets CC plus" was deleted months ago, at least last June.

Rather than depend on the rumor mill here on CC, I just contacted Amber by telephone at Celebrity Customer Service (what a concept!), just a short 8 minute wait. She said yes, Aqua class gets all the benefits of Concierge class including the sparkling wine. She did say that Aqua now only gets two bottles of water on boarding but I have a Classic beverage package instead where I can have all the bottled water I want rather than being limited to two per day. I have no reason to believe she was lying to me.

Edited by El Crucero

Rather than depend on the rumor mill here on CC, I just contacted Amber by telephone at Celebrity Customer Service (what a concept!), just a short 8 minute wait. She said yes, Aqua class gets all the benefits of Concierge class including the sparkling wine. She did say that Aqua now only gets two bottles of water on boarding but I have a Classic beverage package instead where I can have all the bottled water I want rather than being limited to two per day. I have no reason to believe she was lying to me.

No rumor mill here, we quoted exactly what has been AQ Amenities, per their website, for months. The actual changes though have only been implemented recently. I am sure that the CSR you talked to was not lying, but instead not familiar with the current offerings. CSR's are usually the last folks to get the memo.

No rumor mill here, we quoted exactly what has been AQ Amenities, per their website, for months. The actual changes though have only been implemented recently. I am sure that the CSR you talked to was not lying, but instead not familiar with the current offerings. CSR's are usually the last folks to get the memo.

On our cruise, there was a sign over the two smaller bottles of water by the mirror indicating the cost of water. I was surprised as I thought we would be getting free bottled water being in Aqua class. I asked the Hotel Director and the Hotel Director was not sure what the policy was. I was really surprised. The Hotel Director did mention that there had been cutbacks. The next day, our stateroom attendant asked why we were not drinking the water. I showed him the sign and he said it was a mistake and should have been placed over the Evian in the refrigerator. It seems that the amenities need to be clarified for EVERYONE!

Hopefully they note the concerns and restore the water amenitiy

I plan to discuss with the hotel director on our upcoming cruise....next week Can't wait...,,,,

sometimes dealing with issues onboard works out better..

Please keep us posted. I will be very interested in a report from you.

Amber is a great rep...but there are many disconnects between info reps have, the website, printed material and onboard. Onboard is what counts which is why cruisecritic is an essential travel aid.

first rep I spoke with had no idea water had been cut and thanked me for the info which her sup confirmed......

Will let everyone know about EQ /AQ /H2O when we get there...and hope others on board will also report back..

EL C... Just curious : when was your last AQ cruise and when is the next one.?

Edited by hcat

AquaClass guests will continue to receive the following great benefits:

Services

- A Personal Spa Concierge to arrange Spa treatments

- Welcome bottled water (as explained above)

- Daily delivery of flavored tea

- Priority check-in

- Express luggage delivery

- Priority disembarkation based on travel needs

- Complimentary shoeshine service

Dining

- Exclusive access to Blu, a specialty restaurant featuring "clean cuisine" that also serves complimentary breakfast every day

- Upgraded room service menu

Amenities

- Complimentary access to the Persian Garden and Relaxation Room (Relaxation Room on Solstice Class only)

- Aromatherapy diffuser

- Pillow menu

- Additional bathroom amenities, including shower gel, facial spray and lip balm

- Plush bathrobes

- Slippers

- On-demand wellness programming

Stateroom Features

- Hansgrohe® shower panel

- Fog-free mirror

Dear Celebrity:

Two bottles of water for a 4 day cruise may be ok but not for a 13 day transatlantic cruise. Why would you only give 2 bottles regardless of the length of the cruise? This is not what I paid for.

In post #528 you rudely told people to READ what the benefits are and posted a list of the benefits.

Now that several people have pointed out that that the info on the Celebrity website differs from what you posted and also differs from what Celebrity posted (see post #513), you're accusing people of relying on the rumour mill :rolleyes:

Is it really that hard to just admit that you were wrong?

....TA on Silhouette, we got water every day, but no flowers, or white mesh bag with sleepers and special toiletries. Bathroom towels were not what used to be - big, soft and fluffy, but kind of worn. All these small things add up into a disappointment with the whole company, who promoting a Modern Luxury. Reality is showing the difference..

I find it interesting that the official Celebrity poster is stating that at the facial spray and lip balm are Aqua amenities, as on the Equinox October 2nd and October 15th sailings our excellent stateroom attendant told me that lip balm had been discontinued as an Aqua amenity. We also didn't receive the white mesh bag nor the facial spray -- neither of which I ever use, but I do/did use the lip balm.

Just so annoying to be told that the daily delivery of bottled water, which was in place as an Aqua amenity when I booked a series of upcoming cruises, has now been replaced with just two "welcome" bottles of water, but yet Celebrity provides "modern luxury" to its guests. The cost of that daily delivery of bottled water was incorporated into the price of an Aqua stateroom.

In post #528 you rudely told people to READ what the benefits are and posted a list of the benefits.

Now that several people have pointed out that that the info on the Celebrity website differs from what you posted and also differs from what Celebrity posted (see post #513), you're accusing people of relying on the rumour mill :rolleyes:

Is it really that hard to just admit that you were wrong?

No, that's why I called Celebrity Customer Service to verify that Concierge amenities are included in the Aqua amenities. The Customer Service number is available to everyone rather than jumping to conclusions. Now is it really that hard for you to admit that you are both rude and wrong?

Happy New Year, lovemylab (I love mine too)

No, that's why I called Celebrity Customer Service to verify that Concierge amenities are included in the Aqua amenities. The Customer Service number is available to everyone rather than jumping to conclusions. Now is it really that hard for you to admit that you are both rude and wrong?

Happy New Year, lovemylab (I love mine too)

The official Celebrity poster on this board is the person who posted the original list of included Aqua amenities (where it makes no mention of Concierge amenities being included). The Celebrity website also makes no mention of the concierge amenities being included. If someone decides to rely on that information I fail to see how they are "jumping to conclusions" or "relying on the rumour mill".

If you think my posts are rude I encourage you to go back and read some of your own....

The Celebrity website also makes no mention of the concierge amenities being included. If someone decides to rely on that information I fail to see how they are "jumping to conclusions" or "relying on the rumour mill".

You are absolutely correct. Celebrity has removed the sentence of including the Concierge Class amenities with Aqua. One would think the Celebrity website would be accurate so as not to confuse individuals. The way it is currently written, it is misleading and confusing to even experienced cruisers.

AquaClass guests will continue to receive the following great benefits:

Services

- A Personal Spa Concierge to arrange Spa treatments

- Welcome bottled water (as explained above)

- Daily delivery of flavored tea

- Priority check-in

- Express luggage delivery

- Priority disembarkation based on travel needs

- Complimentary shoeshine service

Dining

- Exclusive access to Blu, a specialty restaurant featuring "clean cuisine" that also serves complimentary breakfast every day

- Upgraded room service menu

Amenities

- Complimentary access to the Persian Garden and Relaxation Room (Relaxation Room on Solstice Class only)

- Aromatherapy diffuser

- Pillow menu

- Additional bathroom amenities, including shower gel, facial spray and lip balm

- Plush bathrobes

- Slippers

- On-demand wellness programming

Stateroom Features

- Hansgrohe® shower panel

- Fog-free mirror

What about the plush towels, welcome bubbly in cabin and the little green apples...?.

Bubbly and fruit were considered CC amenities, which USED to be included with AQ.

El Crucero, I don't often say this about other posters, but...fill in your own blank, and it is not good. You actually sound SOOO much like another poster who I have not seen on these boards lately...NH something, that I swear you are him reincarnate (or under another screen name).

Forgetting El C for a moment...I am deeply insulted by the Celebrity Cruises rep just repeating/citing the so-called "published" rules over and over rather than doing us all the COURTESY of an explanation as to why X thinks it is ok to just pull perks that were PAID FOR when we booked AQ.

No, many of us cannot cancel now that we are within final payment, but I sure as heck am going to vote with my feet/dollars after this next cruise is over. And if they say "don't let the door hit you..."...fine, that works both ways, let's see how many of your coveted 30 year olds are going to fill ALL those new cabins.

What about the plush towels, welcome bubbly in cabin and the little green apples...?.

Hi HCat:

In our AquaClass cabin on Equinox (December 11-21, 2015) our towels were plush and generously-sized every day, and we were provided with 4 large bath towels each day, without requesting extra. The towels looked new.

We had bubbly on ice when we arrived in our cabin on embarkation day.

We had three green apples on embarkation day in the white tripartite dish. The dish was refilled with green apples, oranges and pears thereafter....one of each.

The water in your tap is the same thing that's in the bottle...refill the bottle, and chill....same thing.

On the Equinox in December, the water from the bathroom tap was always warm. You could not get water from the tap that was even close to cool.

It was quite a production to get cool bottled water....you had to chill off the water with ice when the ice arrived in your cabin, then decant it into a bottle, then put the bottle in the mini-fridge overnight so that you wouldn't be taking warm bottled water off the ship for your excursions. I couldn't just fill the bottle before we went out because there was no ice left first thing in the morning, and warm water doesn't get any cooler in your tote bag in the Caribbean.

We did not have a beverage package, so we purchased bottled water.