No daily water in Aqua class per Corp email to ship

TJW

new Cruise Critic name, thus Post 1!

Please stay tune for news, as some frequent cruises have reached their breaking points and are starting some actions to address amenities that were present when a trip was booked and then vanished when the cruise occurred.

Can you share additional info?

In lieu of CS getting 1 or 2 free specialty meals, as of 1/1/16 you get 2 bottles of water on embarkation. Quite a swap in perks, and not for the better, especially considering you can go to Michael's Club when you board and get as much water as you want.

To clarify, this is "bookings" after 1/1, I believe. I was told we would receive the free specialty dinner since we booked last year...even though we are sailing in a few weeks. Right?

To clarify, this is "bookings" after 1/1, I believe. I was told we would receive the free specialty dinner since we booked last year...even though we are sailing in a few weeks. Right?

Don't count on it.....I have never heard of celebrity actually grandfathering a perk....so my bet is that if on 1/1 they only give 2 bottles of water to CS then irrespective of when you booked (which the ship probably doesn't even know), you will also get just 2 bottles of water.

I just got off the phone with Joann at celebrityonetouch. The bottom line is that Celebrity can change anything they want whenever they want and have no obligation to notify anyone about the change.

Cynthia

Thanks for the update. I am finding it so curious that the "powers that be" at Celebrity feel that eliminating the daily delivery of bottled water, a long-standing Aqua Class amenity the cost of which should be reflected in the pricing of that stateroom category, is defined as providing "modern luxury."

Contact Celebrity Customer Service for the correct answer.

I just got off the phone with Joann at celebrityonetouch. The bottom line is that Celebrity can change anything they want whenever they want and have no obligation to notify anyone about the change.

Yes, that is the way it works on other cruise lines too, as well as the airlines (When I paid for my ticket they were giving out a bag of stale peanuts and a can of soda. When I flew they just gave me a half can cup of soda and that's all. I paid for for those peanuts on this upscale airline! I am going to sue the airline), as well as other businesses.

She also clarified that the concierge perks have also been eliminated. She did this by reading the website.

According to HCAT, who is traveling in Aqua class on Equinox at this time and posted a live update, this is not true. He is getting the Concierge perks too. But yes, he got only two bottles of designer water in his stateroom when boarding.

Edited by El Crucero

Please stay tune for news, as some frequent cruises have reached their breaking points and are starting some actions to address amenities that were present when a trip was booked and then vanished when the cruise occurred.

Hard to take a person serious with one post! I noticed you have no follow-up.

Hard to take a person serious with one post! I noticed you have no follow-up.

I am sure you will hear more if something comes of it. They are saying they were someone else yesterday and gave up their status for more anonymity.

What a very strange and nonsensical post?

I am sure you will hear more if something comes of it. They are saying they were someone else yesterday and gave up their status for more anonymity.

Wait. What? How can they do this? When the poster N******* (the one several posters have had trouble with) was really giving me a hard time I was told she could still find out my original name. Did the rules change?

Yes, that is the way it works on other cruise lines too, as well as the airlines (When I paid for my ticket they were giving out a bag of stale peanuts and a can of soda. When I flew they just gave me a half can cup of soda and that's all. I paid for for those peanuts on this upscale airline! ....

This is not the same, you are making a false and misleading comparison. No airline, that I am aware of, specifically states exactly what you will get served. They will usually indicate you be served a complimentary beverage, or perhaps snack or meal (pretty vague and gives them scope to change what you will receive within that description).

It is not the way it works on airlines. If I board an 11 hour flight to say Hong Kong and it says when I book a complimentary meal and breakfast will be served on board - that is what each and everyone of the passengers expects to receive and don't kid me that you'd be happy if they just turned round and announced when you boarded that they've eliminated that option, because they can.

Additionally, the contract you sign for your cruise in the States is different to the ones that we sign in the UK ( and in some other markets). Our UK consumer law is also very different when it comes to altering terms and conditions after booking.

I'm amazed that you think it is acceptable for corporations to advertise one thing and then deliberately screw their customers by not providing that service or item. At some point when they Go through this process there will be a window of time (maybe minutes, maybe months) when an organisation will know they are advertising a product or service they have no intention of supplying, this is very difficult to defend....... Unless you perhaps are a shareholder and more interested in the stock?

Edited by DYKWIA

There is no way Celebrity can keep track of who booked when and what services were offered at the time a person booked once persons get on board a ship. They can't keep track of a few simple things, so they definitely can't keep track of anything so layered. I agree it is not fair to the persons who booked with the perks. Celebrity is eliminating so many things in such a short period of time. We, who have been Cekebrity loyals for a long time, have a problem with the rapid decline of benefits the new CEO is implementing. At the same time they are increasing prices and camouflaging price increases with the 1,2,3 program. Yes, this is a business, but we will just have to wait and see how this affects the total clientele. Change brings good and bad, but one begins to question if too much too fast may not be the best road to implementing "Modern Luxury".- just my humble opinion

There is no way Celebrity can keep track of who booked when and what services were offered at the time a person booked once persons get on board a ship. They can't keep track of a few simple things, so they definitely can't keep track of anything so layered. I agree it is not fair to the persons who booked with the perks. Celebrity is eliminating so many things in such a short period of time. We, who have been Cekebrity loyals for a long time, have a problem with the rapid decline of benefits the new CEO is implementing. At the same time they are increasing prices and camouflaging price increases with the 1,2,3 program. Yes, this is a business, but we will just have to wait and see how this affects the total clientele. Change brings good and bad, but one begins to question if too much too fast may not be the best road to implementing "Modern Luxury".- just my humble opinion

Having been an entrepreneur and a business mentor, I equate what the new CEO is doing to what a new owner of a business does when they walk in the door and change everything to make it their own company regardless of what made the company successful in the first place. Many times they lose business. Other times they turn around a failing business.

In this instance, I suspect Lisa Lutoff-Perlo did her own math and believes she can replace those lost with new customers willing to pay higher prices while saving loyalist perks & benefits.

The new owner of the last company I sold did the same thing. It took him two years to fold the business I successfully built for 14 years because he wanted to do it all his way.

Time will tell if her math works out for X and she's praised by the stockholders or she's replaced. It's too soon to tell. However I believe it will help her case if the other cruise lines make similar moves as long as X remains a strong alternative to what's out there.

The question is will this move become Celebrity's "new Coke" fiasco? The consumers have the final say.

Edited by ChucktownSteve

I had a very similar experience when I sold a business I had for 15 years, new owner basically spent his time in the training turn over period telling me how much better it would be with his new ideas, some seemed great, but he did throw the baby out with the bath water and I had to watch it fold two years later.

It took years to build the relationships the new owner threw away. I hope whatever is next for X it begins to see loyalty is free advertising, promotion and customer base. Relationships matter. Disrespecting someone who already has deposits down is a little nuts to me. Many of us have multiple deposits down. It could be that so many new clients are coming in the door it doesn't matter, but I find it wild they are discarding niches that appeared successful.

My recent higher end suite experience taught me I used to have better service in lower categories. Which is a disappointment for what I spent and a relief for when I choose my next category.

I am not saying I think it's all horrible, I don't, I think some in those categories got the intuitive service, so I tend to think it is all uneven.

Many have stated we can have the old Celebrity it's just on other lines now. And it does bother me, but I am willing to check it out. While I will consider higher categories again my expectations are much lower now and will consider the suite more than service the benefit.

20pluscruises....I am trying to figure that out. With some of the corporate stalking that happens here, I wonder if the ability to so easily check old posts is a good idea. I actually do not know who the poster used to be and it seems to work but I am no IT wizard.

I fully appreciate that they cannot keep track of whenever certain individuals made their bookings but considering that bottled water probably costs them very little to purchase it would seem to make sense to implement this change two years hence and make it clear that bottled water is no longer a benefit in AQ staterooms from then on.

This is not the same, you are making a false and misleading comparison. No airline, that I am aware of, specifically states exactly what you will get served. They will usually indicate you be served a complimentary beverage, or perhaps snack or meal (pretty vague and gives them scope to change what you will receive within that description).

It is not the way it works on airlines. If I board an 11 hour flight to say Hong Kong and it says when I book a complimentary meal and breakfast will be served on board - that is what each and everyone of the passengers expects to receive and don't kid me that you'd be happy if they just turned round and announced when you boarded that they've eliminated that option, because they can.

You are the one who is using the false equivalency. Celebrity is not eliminating Blu dining from the Aqua benefits. We are talking about bottled water as opposed to a glass of water, which is equivalent to a bag of peanuts you paid for on that airline.

I'm amazed that you think it is acceptable for corporations to advertise one thing and then deliberately screw their customers by not providing that service or item. At some point when they Go through this process there will be a window of time (maybe minutes, maybe months) when an organisation will know they are advertising a product or service they have no intention of supplying, this is very difficult to defend

This is what I suggested to Celebrity in post #518:

My suggestion is that any changes to benefits listed be made approximately 90 days after the decision to eliminate so that those who were counting on those benefits that were eliminated (e.g. daily bottled water in Aqua) could cancel their cruise with a full refund if they choose (there will only be a vocal few).

Are you keeping up?

....... Unless you perhaps are a shareholder and more interested in the stock?

Nope, don't own any stock but wish I had purchased stock three years ago when it was selling at $50 (it is now about $100)! This stock is just not Celebrity, it includes RCCL, Celebrity, and Azamara.

And I have two cruises in 2016 in Aqua class that I purchased last year, so this change does affect me. But it is not a big deal, we can get water almost anywhere on the ship and it is more healthy than most bottled water.

I was disappointed to find that Aqua only received 2 "welcome" bottles of water on my recent cruise. However, I normally tip the room steward a bit in advance anyway and mentioned that it was unfortunate. I found that each day I had two new bottles of water. In no way am I saying you should have to tip for what used to be included, but if you you already do tip a bit in advance (or even if you don't) it's worth a shot to ask.

I had a very similar experience when I sold a business I had for 15 years, new owner basically spent his time in the training turn over period telling me how much better it would be with his new ideas, some seemed great, but he did throw the baby out with the bath water and I had to watch it fold two years later.

It took years to build the relationships the new owner threw away. I hope whatever is next for X it begins to see loyalty is free advertising, promotion and customer base. Relationships matter. Disrespecting someone who already has deposits down is a little nuts to me. Many of us have multiple deposits down. It could be that so many new clients are coming in the door it doesn't matter, but I find it wild they are discarding niches that appeared successful.

My recent higher end suite experience taught me I used to have better service in lower categories. Which is a disappointment for what I spent and a relief for when I choose my next category.

I am not saying I think it's all horrible, I don't, I think some in those categories got the intuitive service, so I tend to think it is all uneven.

Many have stated we can have the old Celebrity it's just on other lines now. And it does bother me, but I am willing to check it out. While I will consider higher categories again my expectations are much lower now and will consider the suite more than service the benefit.

20pluscruises....I am trying to figure that out. With some of the corporate stalking that happens here, I wonder if the ability to so easily check old posts is a good idea. I actually do not know who the poster used to be and it seems to work but I am no IT wizard.

Thanks, Hulamoon! I will ask again IF the same bad experience happens again in the future. Right now I do not engage with said poster and exit the site when they are posting. Seems to working.....at this time.

p.s. ITA agree with all stated above!

According to HCAT, who is traveling in Aqua class on Equinox at this time and posted a live update, this is not true. He is getting the Concierge perks too. But yes, he got only two bottles of designer water in his stateroom when boarding.

I'm happy people are still receiving the Concierge perks now. However, remember the daily water was changed on the website in May and the corporate email was sent to ships in December. I believe Celebrity will send out another corporate email to the ships removing the concierge perks when they feel the time is right. I hold no hope that my aquaclass cruises in March 2017 will still have these perks. I'm just hoping that Blu will still be my dining room by then.

Cynthia

I'm happy people are still receiving the Concierge perks now. However, remember the daily water was changed on the website in May and the corporate email was sent to ships in December. I believe Celebrity will send out another corporate email to the ships removing the concierge perks when they feel the time is right. I hold no hope that my aquaclass cruises in March 2017 will still have these perks. I'm just hoping that Blu will still be my dining room by then.

Cynthia

I have 3 more booked cruises in Aqua and that is it. The latest booking I made is for Sep 2017. Like you, I wonder what will be left of Aqua perks. Given the significant price difference between Aqua and standard Veranda (~$100 per day), DW and I decided we could book a regular Veranda cabin and eat in a specialty restaurant every night of our 12 night cruise and pay the same price as Aqua. Of course by then specialty restaurants might be up to $75 pp.

Actually, I just hope they still have room stewards by then. I'm sure a once-a-day cleaning approach will also be explored. After all, none of us clean our bathrooms every day at home. :)

Cynthia

I am not sure what is sadder. The fact that you are convinced that this will happen or the fact that it might actually happen.

I seriously doubt that Celebrity would have perks at the CC level that are not offered at the AC level assuming AC is positioned at a higher price point.

Cynthia

Hi Cynthia we never had these problems on the Solstice last year did we? I would be very surprised if the CC "perks" were removed from Aqua Class cabins. It can be a lot of money to upgrade from CC to Aqua and if there are no tangible benefits then why would one bother. Upwards of up to a $US1000 depending upon the cruise for access to Blu and Persian garden is going to have ramifications downstream. I can see the water coming back just as the night chocolates have come back. Aqua class passenger need to make their feelings known on the questionnaire "How are doing?" received a couple of days into the cruise and on the end of cruise report. Those of us sailing in the near future may not benefit in the short term but others may. Another thing to consider is to give your stateroom attendant a serve. Sure its not his problem but if enough of them get a serve they will pass the complaints back. This is a hassle they don't need either. As one has said earlier after confronting their cabin attendant their daily water reappeared.

I have found that different people have a great deal of latitude in upgrading perks to keep passengers satisfied. If supplying someone who booked a long time ago with 20 bottles of water over a 10 day cruise stops them spreading unrest around the ship it is a good $100 well spent.

Hope life is treating you well

Regards

Mike

I have 3 more booked cruises in Aqua and that is it. The latest booking I made is for Sep 2017. Like you, I wonder what will be left of Aqua perks. Given the significant price difference between Aqua and standard Veranda (~$100 per day), DW and I decided we could book a regular Veranda cabin and eat in a specialty restaurant every night of our 12 night cruise and pay the same price as Aqua. Of course by then specialty restaurants might be up to $75 pp.

Actually, I just hope they still have room stewards by then. I'm sure a once-a-day cleaning approach will also be explored. After all, none of us clean our bathrooms every day at home. :)

Isn't it sad that Celebrity now has us lowering our expectations for our cruise. All the little things they take away, it all adds up. We have a transatlantic cruise planned for next year but we decided not to cruise this year.