No daily water in Aqua class per Corp email to ship

TJW

"I genuinely regret that we were unable to respond to you prior to your sail date. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused. I truly hope you are enjoying your time aboard the Celebrity Reflection and that the change regarding bottled water in AquaClass did not cause any inconvenience."

Doesn't that sound a lot like the way the current Celebrity Cruises poster responds on Cruise Critic?

Perhaps Celebrity now prefers their new target's communication vehicle: texting. That way they can be more justifiably terse. #epicfailure

Just got home after being away for a month. There was a message from Celebrity on my home phone about my emails to them. I'll call tomorrow and let you know what is said. I feel a little better that at least they responded. I have no hope that the daily water will be reinstated. Hopefully my other questions about Aquaclass will be answered in a positive manner.

I just got off the phone with Joann at celebrityonetouch. The bottom line is that Celebrity can change anything they want whenever they want and have no obligation to notify anyone about the change.

She also clarified that the concierge perks have also been eliminated. She did this by reading the website.

She told me that she could give me no other department to complain to.

Since my Aquaclass cruises aren't until March 2017, I asked if Blu would still be our restaurant by that time. She replied, yes, of course.

I'll keep my reservations but I doubt I'll ever book Aquaclass again. I have two Princess cruises booked for this June and if things go well, I will be looking at Princess first, and checking prices on Oceania in the future.

Cynthia

I just got off the phone with Joann at celebrityonetouch. The bottom line is that Celebrity can change anything they want whenever they want and have no obligation to notify anyone about the change.

Cynthia

That may be true in the US, but in the UK there's a whole raft of consumer protection legislation that could be invoked. "Unfair terms" in contracts are prohibited for a start, which means that they can't move the goalposts at will. And, as others have said, the UK site is STILL advertising daily water in Aqua:

https://www.celebritycruises.co.uk/learn/accommodation/solstice-aquaclass

Stuart

That may be true in the US, but in the UK there's a whole raft of consumer protection legislation that could be invoked. "Unfair terms" in contracts are prohibited for a start, which means that they can't move the goalposts at will. And, as others have said, the UK site is STILL advertising daily water in Aqua:

https://www.celebritycruises.co.uk/learn/accommodation/solstice-aquaclass

Stuart

I have read about the UK consumer laws probably hundreds of times jere on Cruise Critic, but can't remember one instance where the law has been cited in getting a cruiser the " made whole". It sounds like a hollow threat, & nothing more. If i am wrong, good for the British consumer.

Edited by richsea

I have read about the UK consumer laws probably hundreds of times jere on Cruise Critic, but can't remember one instance where the law has been cited in getting a cruiser the " made whole". It sounds like a hollow threat, & nothing more. If i am wrong, good for the British consumer.

No-one has done it; I would if it affected me, but only injured parties can do it. It's a simple matter of making a claim on a web-site, with a small fee, refundable if you win. And if X tried to defend themselves in court, it would cost them far more, with barrister's fees!

Stuart

No-one has done it; I would if it affected me, but only injured parties can do it. It's a simple matter of making a claim on a web-site, with a small fee, refundable if you win. And if X tried to defend themselves in court, it would cost them far more, with barrister's fees!

Stuart

It's going to affect me this year and I have been trying to find out how to go about bringing this to the attention of Trading Standards. I assume this is who we would need to approach? Any idea of the website? BTW I've had no reply whatsoever to the email I sent way before Christmas. Not impressed.

She also clarified that the concierge perks have also been eliminated. She did this by reading the website.

Cynthia

You probably already know this, but having someone read the website is not really a confirmation. No one that has actually cruises has confirmed that the AC does not include the CC amenities. In fact Hcat just confirmed today on her cruise that it does include the CC amenities.

Daily bottled water not being delivered to the cabin every day has been confirmed.

Edited by jagoffee

British website still hasn't been updated - perhaps it will be easier to just offer different benefits to UK customers. Celebrity adopt this approach other conditions such as picking cabins on Guarantee rates.

Also, I don't know if you've noticed but there is now a delivery charge for room service between 11pm and 6am.

Again, like the water, I don't know if it affects us but it's just another expectation that we booked under that has been taken away.

Also told there is no longer priority tendering for Elites and free dry cleaning has been cut from 2 items to 1.

As someone else said - it's just chip, chipping away.

Each thing by itself is small and I have no desire to keep a running list but the last two years have seen an awful lot of changes - and none of them for the good.

DO they think we don't notice? OR do they just not care?

Final payment has been made on our next cruise - after that ??????? :(

We also were surprised to find some "premium" items on the room service menu (with charge) and delivery charges after 11pm. The menu has also shrunk and now is very basic (hot dog, hamburger, basic salad, club sandwich, pizza...). There were also much less on the breakfast card for the door and also some "premium" items with charges on that as well! It did feel a bit more like nickel and diming than I remember on Celebrity.

We also were surprised to find some "premium" items on the room service menu (with charge) and delivery charges after 11pm. The menu has also shrunk and now is very basic (hot dog, hamburger, basic salad, club sandwich, pizza...). There were also much less on the breakfast card for the door and also some "premium" items with charges on that as well! It did feel a bit more like nickel and diming than I remember on Celebrity.

Well this is very disappointing. If it wasn't for the 3 perks included in my fare I would change my C2 booking to an ocean view. I was looking forward to the better breakfast room service menu since it think the buffet on the Summit is horrendous. Long lines at the omelet station and if you just want eggs pre made they were always stone cold. I was looking forward to breakfast on the balcony.

Currently on Millenium. Can confirm that there is no daily water for CS either:mad:. Also, just out of interest, there are no Bulgari bath products either. Not a good start to our first cruise on Celebrity.

I never thought daily water was a CS perk, only AQ? :confused:

In lieu of CS getting 1 or 2 free specialty meals, as of 1/1/16 you get 2 bottles of water on embarkation. Quite a swap in perks, and not for the better, especially considering you can go to Michael's Club when you board and get as much water as you want.

On my last 19 days we barely tried room service as it was not very good, not as we remembered from previous times.

We had the access to the expanded menu but it seemed rather average to me, maybe there really isn't an expanded menu anymore. The menu had upcharges for anything interesting and they were really having a problem with warm items, which we had not had before to the same extent.

Breakfast on the lanai or dining table was replaced with going to Luminae.

On our recent cruise in a concierge cabin we tried to order the premium items for breakfast but they neveraarrived. When we queried this we just got a shrug of the shoulder and told "that's extra". We said we were happy to pay but just told to ring room service which was a bit pointless as our breakfast had already arrived. We gave up after that. Definitely a decline in service and options.

Have you considered making your request in Braille? Celebrity appears to be deaf on the subject. :D

LOL

I just find it silly that Celebrity would pull water from Aqua class. I have one cruise already booked on Aqua class but after that I am done with Aqua. It isn't the only reason we book Aqua but it was one of the reasons.