No daily water in Aqua class per Corp email to ship

TJW

Too Funny!!!! Well done:D
Perhaps it can be submitted to The Onion

:)

Frankly it is most likely this topic has passed it's best sell by date. Even so I agree in keeping this issue alive. Namely that it's not a good idea to abuse your customers. Probably to no effect but even so .

rasp1.gif

Edited by richstowe

A class action lawsuit over $5-10 in bottled water? I commented previously that AQ losing water was an obvious decrease in benefits for AQ and that sometimes it's the little things that can make a cruise better. But I feel it's exactly that, a little thing.

Personally, I feel the only people that should feel they are entitled to any recourse are those that got this news and could not cancel without penalty. Anybody else is welcome to cancel their cruise and take their money elsewhere.

That being said, wasn't it stated elsewhere that the daily bottled water was removed from the perks listed back in May but they only started enforcing it recently?

A class action lawsuit over $5-10 in bottled water? I commented previously that AQ losing water was an obvious decrease in benefits for AQ and that sometimes it's the little things that can make a cruise better. But I feel it's exactly that, a little thing.

Personally, I feel the only people that should feel they are entitled to any recourse are those that got this news and could not cancel without penalty. Anybody else is welcome to cancel their cruise and take their money elsewhere.

That being said, wasn't it stated elsewhere that the daily bottled water was removed from the perks listed back in May but they only started enforcing it recently?

"Like"

Yes, daily water perk was deleted from the AQ website last May, but not implemented until December.

I think that most people who are complaining really like Celebrity but don't like the changes that are being made. It appears that they would like the perks and benefits from 5 years ago restored along with the pricing from 5 years ago.

I think that most people who are complaining really like Celebrity but don't like the changes that are being made. It appears that they would like the perks and benefits from 5 years ago restored along with the pricing from 5 years ago.

And I think that most people want to get what was promised when they booked. Simple as that.

Unfortunately, the daily water is still on Celebrity's UK web site.....and the brochures they still distribute. You might want to check out:

https://www.celebritycruises.co.uk/learn/accommodation/solstice-aquaclass

Now...as you said, if it's on the web site......

I guess if one continues to whine enough about the water, Celebrity will bring it back like the chocolates on the bed, but I doubt it. I've just decided to stop booking Aqua Class.

Blu is the main reason we booked AQ, but with the same old stale menus, we'll get over it.

Unfortunately, the daily water is still on Celebrity's UK web site.....and the brochures they still distribute. You might want to check out:

https://www.celebritycruises.co.uk/learn/accommodation/solstice-aquaclass

Now...as you said, if it's on the web site......

Yeah, if it's on the web site....you know it can't be correct. :D

what's the big deal? get it at any bar, restaurant or lounge. Everyone has a water, classic or premium package at this point

not on the TA's and repositioning cruises....and there are more than you realize who do NOT take the drink package as their good/better perk.

what's the big deal? get it at any bar, restaurant or lounge. Everyone has a water, classic or premium package at this point

We are still being promised daily delivery of bottled water. Why should we have to fetch it ourselves?

I guess if one continues to whine enough about the water, Celebrity will bring it back like the chocolates on the bed, but I doubt it. I've just decided to stop booking Aqua Class.

Blu is the main reason we booked AQ, but with the same old stale menus, we'll get over it.

Totally agree! We also will move on from Aqua Class!

Hi everyone.

Back from EQ in AQ.....had a wonderful cruise.but AQ should be restored to the way it was originally conceived...

Welcome water in blue bottle was in cabin along with the bubbly, flowers, fruit tray ..changed every so often. Savories /canapes were varied and ok most days but no daily delivery of water...Enjoyed BLU...great service , food, wine service, and environment.

the stateroom towels were not ripped or dirty, but still scratchy, we saw the nice soft turqoise ones on the cart.destined for suites but no longer AQ..

the pillow chocolates were miniscule...wrapper probably cost more that the candy...not even worthy of being called an amenity!

Water was available in many places with our drink package, but not always in stock...very inconvenient not having it delivered. The bottles supplied at bars, buffet etc were often warm and very large....they had chilled Evian in the normal size beckoning for folks to pay for them.

Had to lug the bigger bottles around and find ice, and they did not fit well into the cabin fridge. Glad we brought our Fiji...nice size bottles for the fridge. As AQ pax, we use the gym, saunas, spa & persian gardens more than other spots on board & missed our daily deliv of water...esp since it was included as amenity when we booked

We commented about the water on the comments. The reply said it would be sent on to HQ.,.also noted it on the online survey

We are still big fans of AQ but feel Celebrity should restore AQ to an upscale spa oriented experience,

that's my promised report.....hope others share their onboard experiences as well

NO, many of us do NOT feel the need to purchase a beverage package.

Why don't people "get" this...we booked when we were supposed to get water daily, and now we don't. What part of "bait and switch", "not right" do people not understand?

Thanks, hcat, for your review. Did you ever ask your room steward for more water?

What size were the original welcome bottles in AQ? Huge or small enough to take on a shore excursion? I think I'm going to do the refill with my funnel route. They are not going to get double the money for stupid water from me...I PAID for it already when I booked AQ when it was included.

NO, many of us do NOT feel the need to purchase a beverage package.

Why don't people "get" this...we booked when we were supposed to get water daily, and now we don't. What part of "bait and switch", "not right" do people not understand?

Thanks, hcat, for your review. Did you ever ask your room steward for more water?

What size were the original welcome bottles in AQ? Huge or small enough to take on a shore excursion? I think I'm going to do the refill with my funnel route. They are not going to get double the money for stupid water from me...I PAID for it already when I booked AQ when it was included.

Room attendant merely confirmed it would only be the welcome water....blue in color..maybe de benedetto? Tasted smooth....convenient size bottle..., probably 500 ml..16.9 fl oz

Yes water was available and even offered, but we always had to give our card to show our package... but not always cold or the size we preferred..,

Guess not much more from me..we are not cruising again til the fall but we also booked AQ when water was included...

Edited by hcat

Absolutely NOT true! We never choose the beverage package as an amenity. We don't drink sodas; as Elite + enjoy the cocktail hour; then pay for a couple bottles of wine during a cruise. The bottled water was a real incentive for booking AQ. We will miss it!!!!

I really am disappointed that this perk was removed from Aqua, as it doesn't cost them a whole lot. Maybe they were missing out on the sale of water. We are sailing in A in April. All I can think of is the new CEO wants to make a big splash by changing Celebrity in so many ways. Celebrity might lose some loyal Aqua sailors and lose more revenue than the cost of a couple of bottles of water. Too soon to tell..........

We currently have 3 Celebrity cruises booked for this year. Two of them AQ. Our first AQ cabin was several years ago, and we have booked AQ pretty much ever since.

The cabin location was never great(until the 5 Aft A1s on deck 11, Millie class), but we really enjoyed BLU and some of the other perks. Now with Celebrity picking away at the original amenities and the repetitive menu in BLU, and (what bean pusher thought this was a good idea) taking away the daily water...

I thought that was what gave Aqua Class it's name. We have booked our last Celebrity AQ cabin, looking at changing the two we have booked.

The only thing we will miss , is the BLU breakfast. As an earlier poster said, Celebrity is no longer a step above. It is in the same class as NCL, HAL, Princess, RCL. We have had a few great cruising years with Renaissance and Celebrity, and will continue to cruise, but maybe we will have to look elsewhere. (not a threat, just musing)....

We currently have 3 Celebrity cruises booked for this year. Two of them AQ. Our first AQ cabin was several years ago, and we have booked AQ pretty much ever since.

The cabin location was never great(until the 5 Aft A1s on deck 11, Millie class), but we really enjoyed BLU and some of the other perks. Now with Celebrity picking away at the original amenities and the repetitive menu in BLU, and (what bean pusher thought this was a good idea) taking away the daily water...

I thought that was what gave Aqua Class it's name. We have booked our last Celebrity AQ cabin, looking at changing the two we have booked.

The only thing we will miss , is the BLU breakfast. As an earlier poster said, Celebrity is no longer a step above. It is in the same class as NCL, HAL, Princess, RCL. We have had a few great cruising years with Renaissance and Celebrity, and will continue to cruise, but maybe we will have to look elsewhere. (not a threat, just musing)....

It hasn't been a step above for many years. Some people are just realizing it now, some are still in denial

We've never purchased a drinks package ... never will. Don't drink soda pop, and no way could we consume $50 (or so) worth of adult beverages per person per day! I agree with recent posters; beverage packages are an unnecessary upcharge to our cruise price. The benefits of Elite cocktail time and a couple of bottles of wine over the course of a lengthy sailing will more than suffice.

As for bottled water in Aqua, doesn't taking away the daily water defeat the "healthful" marketing emphasis of that class? Sure, if you purchase water on board, it might add only a small amount to your daily charges, but that's not the point.

Not the point of this thread at all. It is about booked amenities that are taken away after you have booked.

Your mistaken view has been stated many times already.

Yes, two bottles are not much, but on my upcoming 21 days on Equinox it is 40 bottles of water. If we had to buy them it would be about $80 for something that was included when we booked these B2B Cruises; and with two other Cruises already booked, totaling 29 more days and 56 bottles. it comes to about $200.

Even with that said, it is the principle not the money.

Edited by dennbr9

What's the big deal? Almost everyone in AQ has a beverage package perk. Just pick up a bottle at any bar on the way back to the room.

THANK YOU!

Not a big deal at all. Pick up your free bottles of water with your package before you head back to the room. If you forget, its not like your fortunate self cant use the extra steps after all the food you most likely ate.

People threatening to book elsewhere because of this? Lolololololololololol

Buh BYE!