No daily water in Aqua class per Corp email to ship

TJW

Isn't it sad that Celebrity now has us lowering our expectations for our cruise. All the little things they take away, it all adds up. We have a transatlantic cruise planned for next year but we decided not to cruise this year.

I completely agree. Not cruising with them is the only way to get their attention

Hi Cynthia we never had these problems on the Solstice last year did we? I would be very surprised if the CC "perks" were removed from Aqua Class cabins. It can be a lot of money to upgrade from CC to Aqua and if there are no tangible benefits then why would one bother. Upwards of up to a $US1000 depending upon the cruise for access to Blu and Persian garden is going to have ramifications downstream. I can see the water coming back just as the night chocolates have come back. Aqua class passenger need to make their feelings known on the questionnaire "How are doing?" received a couple of days into the cruise and on the end of cruise report. Those of us sailing in the near future may not benefit in the short term but others may. Another thing to consider is to give your stateroom attendant a serve. Sure its not his problem but if enough of them get a serve they will pass the complaints back. This is a hassle they don't need either. As one has said earlier after confronting their cabin attendant their daily water reappeared.

I have found that different people have a great deal of latitude in upgrading perks to keep passengers satisfied. If supplying someone who booked a long time ago with 20 bottles of water over a 10 day cruise stops them spreading unrest around the ship it is a good $100 well spent.

Hope life is treating you well

Regards

Mike

Hi Mike,

We did have a great cruise, didn't we? That's where I booked my SA B2B. I hope you're right about Celebrity not taking away the CC perks, but both Celebrity Cruises on here and the onetouch lady both had a chance to reassure me that they wouldn't be gone. One ignored my question and the other confirmed that the perks are gone.

Say "Hi" to Sandy for us.

Cynthia

I'm happy people are still receiving the Concierge perks now. However, remember the daily water was changed on the website in May and the corporate email was sent to ships in December. I believe Celebrity will send out another corporate email to the ships removing the concierge perks when they feel the time is right. I hold no hope that my aquaclass cruises in March 2017 will still have these perks. I'm just hoping that Blu will still be my dining room by then.

Cynthia

Yes, Celebrity gave plenty of warning that daily bottled water was being eliminated so those who booked could cancel with a full refund if that perk was important to them.

I have two cruises on Celebrity in 2016 in Aqua class. Celebrity has given me notice through their website that CC perks may be eliminated in Aqua class at any time. I have plenty of time to cancel both cruises and get a full refund. I am not going to do that because the CC perks are not a deal breaker for me. I will go on those two cruises and enjoy myself. I believe that both cruises are sold out. If the CC perks have been eliminated by the time I cruise, I will not come on Cruise Critic to complain. I have been given fair warning.

Yes, Celebrity gave plenty of warning that daily bottled water was being eliminated so those who booked could cancel with a full refund if that perk was important to them.

I have two cruises on Celebrity in 2016 in Aqua class. Celebrity has given me notice through their website that CC perks may be eliminated in Aqua class at any time. I have plenty of time to cancel both cruises and get a full refund. I am not going to do that because the CC perks are not a deal breaker for me. I will go on those two cruises and enjoy myself. I believe that both cruises are sold out. If the CC perks have been eliminated by the time I cruise, I will not come on Cruise Critic to complain. I have been given fair warning.

I booked in February when both the daily water and the CC perks were listed on the website. The fact that I'll be forced to check the website for a year to see if Celebrity has taken Blu off the benefits and wonder when the other shoe will drop is annoying to say the least.

I no longer trust Celebrity and they will no longer be my cruise line of choice. They want new cruisers, not loyal ones so good luck to them. I do have many good memories and will make more on the SA B2B.

As far as fair warning goes, people who aren't on Cruise Critic still have no idea, and Celebrity sees no need to notify them.

Have a good cruise.

Cynthia

I booked in February when both the daily water and the CC perks were listed on the website. The fact that I'll be forced to check the website for a year to see if Celebrity has taken Blu off the benefits and wonder when the other shoe will drop is annoying to say the least.

I no longer trust Celebrity and they will no longer be my cruise line of choice. They want new cruisers, not loyal ones so good luck to them. I do have many good memories and will make more on the SA B2B.

As far as fair warning goes, people who aren't on Cruise Critic still have no idea, and Celebrity sees no need to notify them.

Have a good cruise.

Cynthia

That is the crux of the matter!!! :(

Have a good cruise.

Cynthia

Totally agree!

I don't understand the lack of complimentary water in any suite on any cruise ship

It is very annoying to go and get and carry it back every day

I applaud Oceania for keeping us hydrated with comp bottles in our room, and remember Princess does not do this

I don't understand the lack of complimentary water in any suite on any cruise ship

It is very annoying to go and get and carry it back every day

I applaud Oceania for keeping us hydrated with comp bottles in our room, and remember Princess does not do this

Celebrity will bring you fresh water in a stainless steel pitcher (with ice) everyday if you desire. Contact room service or your steward.

I was on Princess a month ago in a "mini-suite" (same price as Aqua stateroom) and no bottled water.

Celebrity will bring you fresh water in a stainless steel pitcher (with ice) everyday if you desire. Contact room service or your steward.

I was on Princess a month ago in a "mini-suite" (same price as Aqua stateroom) and no bottled water.

Most people don't enjoy seeing perks they enjoy being taken away by the cruise line and with no notice. It is a trend that has been that has been going on for several years. I get it, you don't care when a cruise line does these things but many of us do.

Many of us enjoyed taking bottles of water with us on excursions and around the ship, the stainless steel pitcher doesn't cut it. It was a nice perk for Aqua class.

Of course we can buy or bring water with us, but again it is just another expense being handed down.

Dear follow CC members this discussion concerns published and paid for features that were removed after the trip’s deposit and for some after the final payment was made. While we enjoy reading the various comments everyone add please stay on topic and if you are not one of the passengers that are affect your comments should be shared on another topic board. Thank you.

AquaGate Update. While we cannot share many of our tactics and procedures we can share that a legal firm that is a national (non-USA options are being explored) well respected consumer rights firm has been secured, the firm will also receive the class action options, the various state’s protection regulations / laws and the best options for punitive collections, etc. Furthermore a renowned legal school’s paralegal students have commenced a assessment of the various potential legal options concerning supplementary actions that concern seniors’ rights, internet fraud, charge card refund options, travel agents responsibilities and SEC issues. Two state’s AG offices have assigned agents to monitor our complaints and receive consumer statements.

No funding other than from the core members is or will be sought.

What actions can you do, if you have selected an AQ class stateroom on any Celebrity Cruises, Inc. and have or will travel since December 1, 2015, please save your entire trip literature information from your agent, printed ad or any internet offer. Record how and when you we told be your travel agent or Celebrity that any advertised or implied benefits for this type of stateroom has been or will be changed. Call your state AG’s consumers protection (various names) office and file a written complaint. Optional complaints to your travel agent and travel publications would be helpful.

The core group has since December 2015 or will be by early April 2016 travel in Celebrity’s AQ staterooms so as to be able to file the suit having first hand experienced the changes.

We know this short message has many details are lacking but we need to hold our cards very close to our vests, the legal firm has only allowed certain information to be revealed for now and not allowed legal verbalization or quote case law. More soon.

Dear follow CC members this discussion concerns published and paid for features that were removed after the trip’s deposit and for some after the final payment was made. While we enjoy reading the various comments everyone add please stay on topic and if you are not one of the passengers that are affect your comments should be shared on another topic board. Thank you.

AquaGate Update. While we cannot share many of our tactics and procedures we can share that a legal firm that is a national (non-USA options are being explored) well respected consumer rights firm has been secured, the firm will also receive the class action options, the various state’s protection regulations / laws and the best options for punitive collections, etc. Furthermore a renowned legal school’s paralegal students have commenced a assessment of the various potential legal options concerning supplementary actions that concern seniors’ rights, internet fraud, charge card refund options, travel agents responsibilities and SEC issues. Two state’s AG offices have assigned agents to monitor our complaints and receive consumer statements.

What actions can you do, if you have selected an AQ class stateroom on any Celebrity Cruises, Inc. and have or will travel since December 1, 2015, please save your entire trip literature information from your agent, printed ad or any internet offer. Record how and when you we told be your travel agent or Celebrity that any advertised or implied benefits for this type of stateroom has been or will be changed. Call your state AG’s consumers protection (various names) office and file a written complaint. Optional complaints to your travel agent and travel publications would be helpful.

The core group has since December 2015 or will be by early April 2016 travel in Celebrity’s AQ staterooms so as to be able to file the suit having first hand experienced the changes.

We know this short message has many details are lacking but we need to hold our cards very close to our vests, the legal firm has only allowed certain information to be revealed for now and not allowed legal verbalization or quote case law. More soon.

Aquagate??? Holy something or other!!!! A bit melodramatic! Don't post here unless you are affected??? Are you a moderator? Why don't you start a separate thread? I have no words:eek::eek::eek:

Cool Cruiser

I

What is this statement or price for the cruise has to do with AQ amenities. Was bottled water ever part of the mini-suite on the Princess?

(The "quote feature isn't working so I'm attempting to correct what it shows above)

Not sure if your question was rhetorical but the answer is no, it was never part of the mini-suite benefits.

Princess mini-suites are larger cabins than balcony , with a sofa and 2 television sets and a bathtub/shower instead of the stall shower, unlike Aqua class where the cabins are identical to regular balcony cabins.

It's comparing apples to oranges.

Edited by chamima

"No funding other than from the core members is or will be sought".

What does this mean?

It means that whoever "the core group" is will fund whatever they choose to do without asking for any help outside their group.

There is no way to really know if this is a real group taking real actions or someone suggesting what could happen or they would like to see happen.

I'm interested in seeing if/how this plays out. If it's real and if it's successful, it could have significant ramifications on how Celebrity and others in the travel industry do business.

Hmmmm...anyone remember the $10 coupons off your next cruise due to over charge in port charges?. We received around $200 in coupons. However, only one coupon per sailing could be used. Not only one per sailing, but they expired within a very short time span. I'd rather have an extra two bottles of water. :)

Edited by 20pluscruises

Not at all the OP's topic. Are you perhaps on the wrong thread?

If this poster is to be believed and funding is in place to commence some form of class action against Celebrity I would have thought that the lawyers acting for the plaintiffs would be upfront identifying themselves seeking additional plaintiffs not hiding behind a nom de plume on a cruising blog.

I kinda find it hard to take this post seriously especially if the catalyst was 2 bottles of water in Aqua Class.

No offense but this sounds like one of those bad Chinese translations of assembly instructions. Hard to take seriously.

Booked as Depicted or is it BAD,

Thank you for the update. As others have written to buy one advertised product and have a lesser or missing parts of the desire product delivered is wrong; a fact I thought Celebrity would have seen the harmful effects of and corrected, but not the new Modern Luxury management.

I once purchased a vehicle and it had problems, the company bought it back from me and gave me a new vehicle. I and my family have stayed with that company every since for all my vehicles.

I have been in contract law for over twenty years and understand your preparation summary; I will complete my assignment and await further instructions.

Not only did Celebrity “forget” to inform passengers who booked Aqua Class and paid for their Staterooms of the downgrades, seems the online Travel Agents were also not informed.

Just now Travelocity and several other sites…

[FONT="Arial"]AquaClass

Square footage: 194 sq ft

Occupancy: Up to 4 guests

Amenities: Private balcony, sitting area, two convertible lower beds, private bathroom with shower, plush bathrobes, 24-hour complimentary room service, hair dryer, thermostat-controlled air conditioning, private safe, minibar, and interactive flat-screen TV to view and select shore excursions, order room service, and watch movies (additional charges may apply for movies). Extras: Priority check-in and disembarkation, fresh fruit and flowers, daily evening hors d'oeuvres, Celebrity tote bag, and complimentary shoeshine service. Aqua class guests also receive priority seating in Blu, a specialty restaurant that also serves a complimentary and healthy continental breakfast every day, plentiful in-room amenities including shower panels, aromatherapy selections, a pillow menu, additional bathroom amenities, and daily deliveries of bottled water and teas, a Personal Spa Concierge to arrange AquaSpa® treatments, plush bathrobes and slippers, free, unlimited access to the Persian Garden and Relaxation Room, and on-demand special programming and wellness classes including meditation and yoga. Up to 2 guests

[/font]

Not only did Celebrity “forget” to inform passengers who booked Aqua Class and paid for their Staterooms of the downgrades, seems the online Travel Agents were also not informed.

Just now Travelocity and several other sites…

[FONT="Arial"]AquaClass

Square footage: 194 sq ft

Occupancy: Up to 4 guests

Amenities: Private balcony, sitting area, two convertible lower beds, private bathroom with shower, plush bathrobes, 24-hour complimentary room service, hair dryer, thermostat-controlled air conditioning, private safe, minibar, and interactive flat-screen TV to view and select shore excursions, order room service, and watch movies (additional charges may apply for movies). Extras: Priority check-in and disembarkation, fresh fruit and flowers, daily evening hors d'oeuvres, Celebrity tote bag, and complimentary shoeshine service. Aqua class guests also receive priority seating in Blu, a specialty restaurant that also serves a complimentary and healthy continental breakfast every day, plentiful in-room amenities including shower panels, aromatherapy selections, a pillow menu, additional bathroom amenities, and daily deliveries of bottled water and teas, a Personal Spa Concierge to arrange AquaSpa® treatments, plush bathrobes and slippers, free, unlimited access to the Persian Garden and Relaxation Room, and on-demand special programming and wellness classes including meditation and yoga. Up to 2 guests

[/font]

It's more likely that the TA's never bother to change the "boilerplate" descriptions on their sites.

Edited by ghstudio

Too Funny!!!! Well done:D