No daily water in Aqua class per Corp email to ship

TJW

Why would they take away the Meusli? It's not like that would then force you to "buy" Meusli.

Don't you see? Taking away the promised bottled water means you have to BUY bottled water, another revenue source for them.

I don't like to throw around words like illegal/unethical since I'm not a lawyer, but let's not get off track for the reason for this almost 600 post thread...many of us booked when daily bottled water was something we PAID for when we booked Aqua Class, and it is now being taken away.

That is just not right.

The absence of the table side muesli is temporary as they are designing new carts. The ones they had previously did not meet inspection per the hotel director on Millennium.

Maybe it is just me, but Celebrity is giving me more for my nickles and dimes than when I first started sailing with them, with all the promotions they give me. With all the OBC they give me, I can purchase all the bottled water I want, flowers, facial spray (whatever that is) etc. Currently, I find Celebrity a better value than ever, but obviously that isn't enough for some cruisers.

If you are sailing Aqua class which it sounds like you are not you might be upset that the perks you pay a premium for have been taken away without warning or compensation which is what this thread is about. A diminished product at a higher price.

I to could sail in a inside and as an Elite + say I am getting far more value then I did on my first Zenith OV cabin in 2001.

But I now prefer to sale Aqua and to me it makes no sense that I pay more for a current cabin at a much elevated cost to our last cruise done in Aqua class with less amenities.

Cheers

I have just done a simple exercise as to what sailing Aqua Class over Concierge is costing extra for use of Blu and Persian Garden. They are in the most part the only differences bottled water aside. Whilst when I go onto Celebrity website I get New Zealand dollars costing I have done a currency difference. I chose three different parts of the world all travelling around april 2016 for either 11 or 12 days, so the costs one would think wopuld be similar.

What I have done is get a difference in costs for Concierge and Aqua and have not taken into account actual cruise cost

Europe 12 days April $US 115

Australia / NZ 12 days April $US 420

Caribbean 11 days $US 996

Whilst not trying to open another debate one would think that the differences should be about the same.

So it seems to me that on some cruises the lack of water is not going to be an issue. What one needs to figure out how important are blu and Persian Garden. To me not an issue at all so I would stay in Concierge

If you are sailing Aqua class which it sounds like you are not you might be upset that the perks you pay a premium for have been taken away without warning or compensation which is what this thread is about. A diminished product at a higher price.

Actually I am sailing Aqua in May and Sept. 2016. I got a great price for Aqua on both sailings, either the same price or less than Concierge through our TA also get the beverage package, gratuities included, OBC from Celebrity plus matching OBC from our TA. Comparatively, the per day cost for our Aqua bookings is much less than we paid for Concierge years ago when all the perks are taken into consideration. However, we do not get the flowers we got on our first cruise, so we will either purchase a bouquet and bring aboard or purchase from the florist while aboard. No problem, it's all good.

Actually I am sailing Aqua in May and Sept. 2016. I got a great price for Aqua on both sailings, either the same price or less than Concierge through our TA also get the beverage package, gratuities included, OBC from Celebrity plus matching OBC from our TA. Comparatively, the per day cost for our Aqua bookings is much less than we paid for Concierge years ago when all the perks are taken into consideration. However, we do not get the flowers we got on our first cruise, so we will either purchase a bouquet and bring aboard or purchase from the florist while aboard. No problem, it's all good.

How long ago did you book those fantastic prices? I have great perks and prices in February (1-2-3 GO) for my AQ cabin that was booked a year ago. Try getting the same value now!

BTW I bought two cases of water today at my local corner GROCERY store, not the big box, and the 1/2 ltr bottles were 9 cents each! Since I'm driving to the port, maybe I'll bring a case and slap a luggage tag on it so I don't have to get dressed and find a place on ship for my free classic package water. :D

Edited by ChucktownSteve

I use a private TA and stack my benefits as well but as Beanb41 has shown in his threads it is hard to compare Concierge to Aqua as it varies over different cruise area's.

Where are your cruises to, how long and what is it pp a day before you deduct the OBC and such? I can book some amazing deals on cruises I don't want to sail.

I prefer X give a decent price and forget the OBC, prepaid gratuities I can use but the liquor package is of no value to us at all.

Regardless they are cheapening the product raising the price and throwing in OBC and such to entice.

it is like an infomercial as seen on TV for a limited time we will throw in....

Regardless they are cheapening the product raising the price and throwing in OBC and such to entice.

it is like an infomercial as seen on TV for a limited time we will throw in....

So soon we will see the ploy about:" WAIT, for a limited time only we will be including TWO tickets for the price of one"..........but by that time the cost of one ticket will have risen to what we once bought two tickets for.

PT Barnum stuff at Celebrity and WE are not supposed to notice

2 days til we board...Our water is coming in a little 6 pack .. Fiji ...not bringing any wine this time so we shoud be able to manage the carry ons and water....afraid if we tag it someone mght not deliver it...bottled water seems to be a precious item on X these days

Wow........perhaps the water is not such a big deal...BUT... it is a matter of principle. Daily water was included...but now it is not.

I am in Australia.....have right next to me the current brochure...Sept15 - May 2017

clearly states daily water.... also says fruit and flowers all of these are missing from the current website.

also clearly states that you get everything that regular balconies get, everything concierge class gets then on top of that the Aqua inclusions.

so Concierge get the bubbly, the binoculars and golf umbrella, canapes and hors doeuvres, restaurant seating preferences...so does aqua still get these?

this cruise for us is a special celebration and we were so looking forward to being spoilt. Perhaps we still will be. fingers crossed

Wow........perhaps the water is not such a big deal...BUT... it is a matter of principle. Daily water was included...but now it is not.

I am in Australia.....have right next to me the current brochure...Sept15 - May 2017

clearly states daily water.... also says fruit and flowers all of these are missing from the current website.

also clearly states that you get everything that regular balconies get, everything concierge class gets then on top of that the Aqua inclusions.

so Concierge get the bubbly, the binoculars and golf umbrella, canapes and hors doeuvres, restaurant seating preferences...so does aqua still get these?

this cruise for us is a special celebration and we were so looking forward to being spoilt. Perhaps we still will be. fingers crossed

Bindy

(First of all I must tell you that you come from the most beautiful area! We visited the Blue Mountains a couple of years ago and the whole area was breathtaking!)

Anyways, you might want to bring that brochure with you.

Ask in a nice but firm way to speak to the Hotel Director . (I have learned from experience that if i can avoid telling the person at Guest Relations my reasons for needing to speak to him/her I have a better chance of getting through but sometimes they just won't let you.) Always, always have a smile and be pleasant (but still firm) with whoever you speak with .

And , finally, DON'T LET THIS RUIN YOUR VACATION!

Make the effort and then just make the most of whatever happens!

Bindy

(First of all I must tell you that you come from the most beautiful area! We visited the Blue Mountains a couple of years ago and the whole area was breathtaking!)

Ask in a nice but firm way to speak to the Hotel Director . (I have learned from experience that if i can avoid telling the person at Guest Relations my reasons for needing to speak to him/her I have a better chance of getting through but sometimes they just won't let you.) Always, always have a smile and be pleasant (but still firm) with whoever you speak with .

The website when you made your booking is more important than the brochure. Celebrity (even in the UK Terms + Conditions) state words to the effect that brochures are printed way in advance and can be out of date etc etc

The UK website is still saying you get daily water - but doesn't make mention that you get Concierge benefits just .. "In an Aquaclass stateroom, you’ll enjoy all of the in-room features of our standard staterooms, but with a spa-inspired twist. You’ll have your own private balcony and are located in the quieter and more peaceful areas of the ship"

Edited by DYKWIA

BTW I bought two cases of water today at my local corner GROCERY store, not the big box, and the 1/2 ltr bottles were 9 cents each! Since I'm driving to the port, maybe I'll bring a case and slap a luggage tag on it so I don't have to get dressed and find a place on ship for my free classic package water. :D

Not worth any effort to bring your own if you have a package IMO. We just get two bottles whenever we head back to our cabin. You can get the water is almost any bar that is open. Once we get a few in the frig we cut back. Never a problem for us.

The website when you made your booking is more important than the brochure. Celebrity (even in the UK Terms + Conditions) state words to the effect that brochures are printed way in advance and can be out of date etc etc

The UK website is still saying you get daily water - but doesn't make mention that you get Concierge benefits just .. "In an Aquaclass stateroom, you’ll enjoy all of the in-room features of our standard staterooms, but with a spa-inspired twist. You’ll have your own private balcony and are located in the quieter and more peaceful areas of the ship"

That's odd hype b/c many AQ cabins are not so quiet...as they are located under places where furniture above is moved, the AQ spa cafe kitchen, treadmills, or where pool deck music is loud...and manyhae abig overang. We do enjoy AQ but woud say cabin location not the best ...there are fewer passengers so to that degree quieter in the hallways,

Aqua location wasn't very good

Not quiet and super shady with poles to spoil the view

But I want to know what'll be missing next?

[emoji41][emoji57]

MAybe they' ll take away the poles!

Anyhow..it'll interesting to be in AQ on EQ on 1/2.

will try to post at least once while on board, esp for those coming on as we get off..

Bindy

yes the Blue Mountains is very beautiful, and I am so looking forward to seeing many other beautiful parts of the world as well.

I definitely will not let any of this spoil my vacation, thanks for the tip about asking to see the Hotel Director. fully intend to be polite and keep smiling, but I will be firm and not back down. I work in customer service so will always bear in mind how I would like to be treated...

Just got home after being away for a month. There was a message from Celebrity on my home phone about my emails to them. I'll call tomorrow and let you know what is said. I feel a little better that at least they responded. I have no hope that the daily water will be reinstated. Hopefully my other questions about Aquaclass will be answered in a positive manner.

Cynthia

Just got home after being away for a month. There was a message from Celebrity on my home phone about my emails to them. I'll call tomorrow and let you know what is said. I feel a little better that at least they responded. I have no hope that the daily water will be reinstated. Hopefully my other questions about Aquaclass will be answered in a positive manner.

Cynthia

A number of us will be very interested in your report.

Celebrity waited until the 2nd last day of my cruise to reply to the email I had sent 2 weeks earlier. I had expressed my dismay that they would change a policy after I had booked the cruise.

The response I got was :

"I genuinely regret that we were unable to respond to you prior to your sail date. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused. I truly hope you are enjoying your time aboard the Celebrity Reflection and that the change regarding bottled water in AquaClass did not cause any inconvenience."

To me, this response was inadequate and did not address the trust issue, that they will not take away things that they have promised when I have already paid.