Anything new on Harvest Caye?

TNCruzer56

Maybe your question isn't being answered because no one knows the answer. Only a select few are allowed the preview this week.

I agree. Hopefully a lot of answers are coming soon. I believe a cruise critic rep said they're there for the preview, and will be authoring a complete write up soon.

As previously asked (but not yet answered), is getting a chair at the beach or by the pool cost $$? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would "think" not since the only pay for items on the website are pool and beach cabanas. I assume regular chairs are free like any other private island.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Wait, CC has a FB page? I thought site was one that couldn't be named here, and they go and have a page? I had no idea!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm pretty sure they don't want you mentioning the specific cruise ship/date pages that some people put up that are very much like the roll calls here.

I'm pretty sure they don't want you mentioning the specific cruise ship/date pages that some people put up that are very much like the roll calls here.

Which is pretty silly, considering the ones I have joined have all promoted the Mix & Mingles... and actually directed MORE people here!

Thank you for the pictures and the facebook link! It looks amazing and I can't wait to see it next year. It's a shame that it seems to be confirmed there is no free buffet and no ubp. But we suspected this all along.

I can't help agreeing with some of the facebook posts that the design of the gate is a little unfortunate :eek:

I can't help agreeing with some of the facebook posts that the design of the gate is a little unfortunate :eek:

Agreed. I guess it is needed to "open and close" the island (or at least the pier) for some way of crowd control?

I really love the comments on the length of the pier. "a LONG walk", "Hopefully there's transport available". If you are fit and able to walk but a ship's length pier walk scares you you might consider cruising on smaller ships.. ;)

Agreed. I guess it is needed to "open and close" the island (or at least the pier) for some way of crowd control?

)

Probably- but couldn't they have come up with a different design thats a little less... how shall I put this... concentration camp-y? Yikes. I guess whoever was in charge of gate design skipped their European history lessons at school.

Are people really complaining over the length of the pier?

Probably- but couldn't they have come up with a different design thats a little less... how shall I put this... concentration camp-y? Yikes. I guess whoever was in charge of gate design skipped their European history lessons at school.

Are people really complaining over the length of the pier?

Under the photo of the yet to be finished pier canopy :)

The gate may be an unfortunate photo; "two tiny cannons flank the island's entrance gate in memory of the Battle of St. George's Caye .. "

Who else read this btw: "Although nothing official is in place just yet, Norwegian also plans to allow other cruise lines to use the port once it's up and running."

From the article on CC (not the FB one), also featured as a sticky thread.

Loving all the pictures. Hoping to make it to Harvest Caye on our Thanksgiving Getaway cruise, but also booked knowing there could be a delay and that stop reverting back to Belize City or a sea day. Keeping my fingers crossed!

The cabanas are lovely, especially for those traveling in multi-generational groups with family members who can't take the heat, but the price seems really high to me. :eek:

The cabanas are lovely, especially for those traveling in multi-generational groups with family members who can't take the heat, but the price seems really high to me. :eek:

Compared to a GSC cabana (with larger ship calling there) it seems a balanced price. Not justifying it, it still is a lot of money for a day or even shorter.. :)

Compared to a GSC cabana (with larger ship calling there) it seems a balanced price. Not justifying it, it still is a lot of money for a day or even shorter.. :)

That may be. I only booked a cabana on GSC once off the Pearl, and I split the cost with another cabin. It was nice to experience how the other half lives. . .if even for a day! :D

I suspect the cabanas have gone up in price.

Pool cabanas: were $199? Now $249.

Beach cabanas: were $475? Now $499.

In case they fluctuate by sailing, these are for the 11/27 Dawn sailing. If the prices I recall are accurate, maybe they're booking well?

In case they fluctuate by sailing, these are for the 11/27 Dawn sailing. If the prices I recall are accurate, maybe they're booking well?

After reading this I just went back and checked our November 20 Jade sailing and yup, they went up since a few days ago

Edited by yoboy08753

I'm on the Getaway 2/26 sailing. The beach cabanas are the same price ($475), but the pool cabanas have gone up to $249 (they were $199).

I know at least three beach cabanas have been booked for our sailing according to people on our roll call. I'll be curious to see what happens with the pricing.

I'm on the Getaway 2/26 sailing. The beach cabanas are the same price ($475), but the pool cabanas have gone up to $249 (they were $199).

Interesting. So either the pricing varies by sailing, or pricing hasn't been updated yet for all sailings.

777cbe36d6a01491162b0aa89def3563.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app