How Dare Holland America...

mike_ga

...make their souvenir coffee mugs hand wash only!

I was running dishwater to wash them when I got distracted thinking about my recent trip on Westerdam and how much I miss being aboard the ship, when the water ran out of the sink and onto the floor.

If this were the Carnival forum I'd be demanding a free cruise with the Explorations Cafe included in exchange for the inconvenience.

But, since this is the HAL forum I'll just say how much I want to be back on the ship, Especially during the holidays since I have no family or partner to spend them with. Unfortunately our company policy does not allow vacations on holiday weeks.

I was running dishwater to wash them when I got distracted thinking about my recent trip on Westerdam and how much I miss being aboard the ship, when the water ran out of the sink and onto the floor.

If this were the Carnival forum I'd be demanding a free cruise with the Explorations Cafe included in exchange for the inconvenience.

But, since this is the HAL forum I'll just say how much I want to be back on the ship, Especially during the holidays since I have no family or partner to spend them with. Unfortunately our company policy does not allow vacations on holiday weeks.

Merry Christmas Mike in Georgia :)

Merry Christmas Mike and a Happy New Year from the Cincinnati OH area. I hope you have smooth sailing in 2016.

Oxfordgal

Well, that heading was one way to get the attention of all of us "cheerleaders!" :D Wishing you plenty more DAM opportunities in the New Year!!

When I took my HAL mug out of the dishwasher lately, I noticed a lot of the fine details on the print were gone .....

7bed55ee7acd9107214dbb901075cbf2.jpg

Yep, I'm not a big fan of the new logo or "Savor the Journey" I actually talked about this with a guy in the Galleria on Westerdam last month. They hadn't been notified of either change.

Thanks everyone for the holiday wishes. I sincerely hope all of you have a great season giving you many memories to cherish.

Yep, I'm not a big fan of the new logo or "Savor the Journey" I actually talked about this with a guy in the Galleria on Westerdam last month. They hadn't been notified of either change.

Thanks everyone for the holiday wishes. I sincerely hope all of you have a great season giving you many memories to cherish.

To me the "Savor the Journey" motto change form "Signature of Excellence" means little, but I thought the old logo with Henry Hudson's Half Moon image over the blue bow did mean something. And I'm sorry to see them giving up on their history. Just like I was sorry to them take out the beautiful delft tile panorama in the Maasdam's Explorer's Lounge. What'll be next? Dutch chocolates? Fresh flowers?

Oh well, I guess we'll just have to Savor the Memory :)

Wishing all the CCers an inspiring 2016. Fair winds and following seas! m--