Favorite Lunch Spot on Allure or Oasis

LuCruise

That's a shame. We're going on Oasis class (Allure) so not sure if same issue. Both big ships though where they have to feed many people.

Sent from my ONE E1005 using Tapatalk

Although not my favorite for lunch, I've never had food quality issues in the WJ. In fact, many times I've found the quality to be hotter and fresher than the MDR. For lunch, I love Johnny Rocket's.

what is the usual lunch in the solarium?

Wondering this too. What kind of items do they have? (And yes, our kids are very well behaved)

Top Response: Park Café

No Response for: MDR, Café Promenade , Wipeout Café, Vitality Café

The Solarium Bistro is a smaller buffet with a "healthy" attitude. The salad bar has more "healthy" choices, and there is always a "gazpacho bar", where you add whichever garnishes you like.

Avoid it on Quantum class too. TERRIBLE food in the windjammer. Everything was cold unless you had it made to order. (This was true for EVERY meal we ate there.)

We never had this problem on the Quantum. In fact I liked the WJ on the Quantum better than the other classes of ships that we have been on.

The hot food was always hot.

AVOID the Park Cafe....<VBG> you make it too crowded and I can't find a seat....

Seriously, the roast beef is superb, have it on top of a salad.....:D

We are on the Dec 26 cruise...3 days to go.....(3rd time on Oasis)

Although not my favorite for lunch, I've never had food quality issues in the WJ. In fact, many times I've found the quality to be hotter and fresher than the MDR. For lunch, I love Johnny Rocket's.

Good to hear it's not all bad comments. Ironic that it's fresher than the MDR. Maybe cause it's quicker turnover? (i.e. they have to keep filling up the dishes in the buffet)

The Solarium Bistro is a smaller buffet with a "healthy" attitude. The salad bar has more "healthy" choices, and there is always a "gazpacho bar", where you add whichever garnishes you like.

Sounds great. Totally my thing (at least to have one healthy meal a day). Guess we'll have to take a peak to see if there's anything our kids would like there .

AVOID the Park Cafe....<VBG> you make it too crowded and I can't find a seat....

Seriously, the roast beef is superb, have it on top of a salad.....:D

We are on the Dec 26 cruise...3 days to go.....(3rd time on Oasis)

Enjoy your cruise!

I posted a similar thread awhile back about breakfast. What is everyone's favorite complementary place to grab lunch on Allure or Oasis class? And what do you love there? (I know that is subjective).

Options I can think of : Park Cafe, Cafe Promenade, Windjammer, Johnny Solarium, Sorrentos , MDR, Wipeout Cafe, Doghouse, Vitality Cafe

Sent from my ONE E1005 using Tapatalk

The Windjammer takes a lot of criticism for food and seating on all of it's ships. But it must be our favorite place to eat breakfast and lunch because that is where we find ourselves 75% of the time. We find if we go at peak time it is hard to find a seat so we avoid the WJ then but if we go early or later we enjoy a relaxing meal. By the elevators you can check what the crowd is at all the eating venues. Our favorite place for breakfast is Johnny Rockets because we enjoy fresh cooked eggs.

Besides the salads and beef at Park Café they offer bags of chip snacks.

Another vote for Solarium bistro. We love the solarium in general, so it's a no brainer to pop downstairs and grab a plate, and head back to the loung chairs to veg while eating. I could spend my entire life in that part of the ship... as long as I had an endless supply of good books. :D

"Endless supply of good books"

I got tired of lugging books to the ship, I'm a fast reader I need 6 books for a week.

The "Library" on Oasis is small, and either they are not replacing books that are "removed" from the ship or, the library is "raided" in the first few hours and people are not being "nice" and RETURNING THE BOOKS till the end of the cruise.

For our last few cruises I bought a SAMSUNG TABLET and download a bunch of books from our local library...very easy to set up and accomplish, even for me a computer nerd....

Edited by daka

Another vote for Solarium bistro. We love the solarium in general, so it's a no brainer to pop downstairs and grab a plate, and head back to the loung chairs to veg while eating. I could spend my entire life in that part of the ship... as long as I had an endless supply of good books. :D

I would like to try the Solarium for at least one lunch so that's an idea if our entire family is not keen on it. I'd grab a plate and meet them elsewhere. Looks like it's just one deck down from the Windjammer and same deck as Wipeout Café.

Edited by LuCruise

Picking one place is difficult because I have yet to find a lunch spot I don't like. As long as I am not making it and cleaning up I am easy.

Park Cafe is nice if you get there before the crowds. The hotdog stand is the same. Many choices to choose from as well as toppings. Sorentos pizza is nice for a quick slice or build your own personal pizza and wait a few minutes for a hot pie.

I think I will go book my next cuise, I'm hungry.

For lunch I sometimes go to Sorrento, get a made to order pizza.

I usually ask for a gluten free pizza because it has a thin crust, but then I have to tell them that I am not gluten intolerance and want the regular toppings.

Beer and pizza, a good combo.

Stan:cool:

For our last few cruises I bought a SAMSUNG TABLET and download a bunch of books from our local library...very easy to set up and accomplish, even for me a computer nerd....

My wife does that too and likes it, I don't mind the extra weight, so our last cruise I think I brought 8 novels or so. Ended up only reading a couple. I still prefer reading paper. :D

Most definitely Park Café. I didn't have this until day 4 of my cruise on Allure. How depressing. LOL

I noticed that your first cruise was on Celebrity Zenith. Our first was on her sister Celebrity Horizon. That ship is responsible for this unending drain on my bank account that has been going on ever since I set foot on that ship.

We are gong to be on Oasis for 4 weeks -- I was just considering our options for lunch on boarding day earlier this morning. Where does everyone like to go after boarding? Are Giovanni's and Sabor open for lunch? TYIA :)

You're going for 4 weeks or in 4 weeks? Either are great, but if "for", then wow! Lucky you! :D

Picking one place is difficult because I have yet to find a lunch spot I don't like. As long as I am not making it and cleaning up I am easy.

Park Cafe is nice if you get there before the crowds. The hotdog stand is the same. Many choices to choose from as well as toppings. Sorentos pizza is nice for a quick slice or build your own personal pizza and wait a few minutes for a hot pie.

I think I will go book my next cuise, I'm hungry.

Yes...gotta remember those. My kids would love both Sorrentos and the Doghouse for hotdogs. So many choices.

I noticed that your first cruise was on Celebrity Zenith. Our first was on her sister Celebrity Horizon. That ship is responsible for this unending drain on my bank account that has been going on ever since I set foot on that ship.

HA!! The Zenith definitely started it. But who's complaining. I hate that feeling I get on the next to last day of the cruise when I have to pack up and then that horrible feeling I get when its time to go back home.

It sure is.

Great, thank you! :)

You're going for 4 weeks or in 4 weeks? Either are great, but if "for", then wow! Lucky you! :D

Yes...gotta remember those. My kids would love both Sorrentos and the Doghouse for hotdogs. So many choices.

For four weeks. I think I have a better idea now where we will do lunch. :D