I'm so over Half Moon Cay!

Slarty

OK, I will be the freak and admit that I love HMC and think it is one of the most beautiful beaches. And since we get there in February we are coming out of winter in New York, so it is a little bit of heaven on earth.

2lkvhgj.jpg

And I thought that was a picture of Sheephead's Bay :D

...agree. We do not especially like it but there is a great alternative-a quiet day on board. So there is something for everyone perhaps.

Would much rather have this than a stop at St. Thomas...don't care if we never see that place again.

Edited by iancal

isn't it a pain to have to go, or not go, to Paradise 10 or more times...oh gee.....

I never said it was a pain. Sheesh! Just saying I (along with about 50% of the others that replied to this thread) am tired of almost every #FLL trip starting/ending there. Do more cruising, and maybe even you might reach that same opinion.

We are not big beach people, but always look forward to HMC. We like the fact that no one comes to try to sell you anything, you can go for a walk and feel safe both on the beach and on the island, chairs are free, water is crystal clear, and beach sand so white and fine. It is just a relaxing day!

DW, who loves to go to the beach says, "DITTO!"

I agree about an overnight there. A night under the stars. (could do without fireworks) It's a beautiful beach and clear, clear water. Glad to hear so many like to stay on the ship. We rented a stand up paddle board and it was a great place to do it. I'd be so sad if we couldn't spend a day there.

Sorry guys, but DH and I love HMC. Been there every HAL cruise except for last year (January) and we were not happy when the rough seas cancelled our 'beach day.' Yea, safety...blah, blah, blah...so we were forced to stay on the ship with everyone! Already had 2 sea days, didn't need another one.

We so look forward to that last taste of the Caribbean before heading back to Ft. Lauderdale.

And I agree with everyone about the Pirate ship and double cabanas commercializing the beach. But my vacation time is precious and I'm going to enjoy my sand therapy!

OK, I will be the freak and admit that I love HMC and think it is one of the most beautiful beaches. And since we get there in February we are coming out of winter in New York, so it is a little bit of heaven on earth.

2lkvhgj.jpg

Great pic! I haven't been there (yet) but this makes me want to!:)

We are not big beach people, but always look forward to HMC. We like the fact that no one comes to try to sell you anything, you can go for a walk and feel safe both on the beach and on the island, chairs are free, water is crystal clear, and beach sand so white and fine. It is just a relaxing day!

Great comment!...glad to hear you still like it too. we just got off a back to back and got to go twice. we love to snorkel, take a snorkeling excursion, relax, swim, walk, nap, maybe get a drink at the bar if we feel like it, take pictures, watch the birds...and really enjoy the island bbq. i found some last minute presents there too. thanks for putting a positive spin on what we always feel is a fun relaxing day. may your vacations day always be warm, and full of a nice beach in the Bahamas. any day at half moon cay beats a day at work for me :)

We always enjoy HMC. We live in the mountains and for us HMC is a beach definitely worth enjoying. It's so safe and comfortable, no hassling vendors. It's the most picture perfect beach I've ever been to. Many of the islands don't have beaches that are easy to get to so HMC is the best beach day for us.

I prefer it at the beginning of the cruise rather than the end, the day I'm packing and then have to dry out and de-sand stuff before it gets jammed into the suitcase, but I still love stopping there.

We have a beautiful 180-degrees panorama picture in our home of the crescent beach framing the ship at anchor (along with pictures of many of our travels) and it brings back wonderful memories and that warm, carefree feeling that Paradise is attainable at least for a few hours.

We've walked the nature trail, listened to the owls, photographed flowers and lizards and gone way beyond the noise of the pirate ship and the cabanas and left the crowds behind.... The BBQ I could take or leave but the setting I think is magical.

m--

I never said it was a pain. Sheesh! Just saying I (along with about 50% of the others that replied to this thread) am tired of almost every #FLL trip starting/ending there. Do more cruising, and maybe even you might reach that same opinion.

I should be so lucky

After reading some of these posts I guess "Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholden".

I lived most of my life near or on the water. Been to the Caribbean islands numerous times. Everytime I go it's a great experience to me. I have been fortunate to visit beaches all over the world and Half Moon Key is one of the top beaches no matter how many people are their. Even if there are multi ships their, the beach is over a mile line; enough room to spread out. And how many places in the world will you find white sand beach plus white sand in the water no matter where you walk.

I just don't get some folks !

So, that I can "tire" of the gorgeous white sand and turquoise water of Half Moon Cay!

I love to stop there - no one is hassling me nor charging me to sit in a chair.

Living in one of the more overcast counties in western New York I love to bask in the sunshine. We see way too little of the sun here.

So, if you're tired of Half Moon Cay - stop cruising in the Caribbean!

simple solution!

Pat

...agree. We do not especially like it but there is a great alternative-a quiet day on board. So there is something for everyone perhaps.

Would much rather have this than a stop at St. Thomas...don't care if we never see that place again.

We were just at St. Thomas at a remote dock (Crown Point?) and I never left the ship. Just after we arrived RCL came in with about 6000 passengers (compared to our 2000) and it just seemed to overwhelm the small dock/port area. Got very negative reports from people who had gone ashore about the crowded conditions.

Only two good things about this stop now - 1) my cellphone worked and 2) easy and nice trip over to St. Johns, right from the dock area.

We were just at St. Thomas at a remote dock (Crown Point?) and I never left the ship. Just after we arrived RCL came in with about 6000 passengers (compared to our 2000) and it just seemed to overwhelm the small dock/port area. Got very negative reports from people who had gone ashore about the crowded conditions.

Only two good things about this stop now - 1) my cellphone worked and 2) easy and nice trip over to St. Johns, right from the dock area.

Happened to us off the Westerdam 3 weeks ago; but the RCL did not show up until 11 AM. I walked to town from Crown's Bay. That avoided the crowds; except I kept walking past town without noticing and ended up at Havensight with three other cruise ships:eek: !

So, if you're tired of Half Moon Cay - stop cruising in the Caribbean!

simple solution!

Pat

Cruising the Caribbean is about much more than beaches, though. Still, why do you feel the need to tell people what to do? Why do you feel we should all think alike?