Heads Up on EZ air

1MKS1128

I just got an email re a flight change from Princess I thought it was the usual 5 or 10 minute time difference. They actually booked my husband and I on separate flights to LAX. I would be flying Tampa to Miami with a layover than on to Lax. My husband would be flying Tampa to LAX direct. I called American Airlines to find out what happened. The merger has resulted in many route and flight changes. Our original flights had both been cancelled . Princess has not been updated on all the changes. American has been working behind in notifying cruise lines as well as others. They suggest you call Princess to verify any changes made with your flights. I have a call into my planner as airport transfers would also have to be changed. Be sure to mention you have a flexible fare the initial response was there would be a $200.00 per person charge to change a flight

This is true whether or not you use EZ air. You need to check your flights regularly (we do it weekly up to about a month before our flights, than every other day up to a week prior, then daily) as changes happen for any one of a million reasons, and no airline is consistent about notifications.

This is true whether or not you use EZ air. You need to check your flights regularly (we do it weekly up to about a month before our flights, than every other day up to a week prior, then daily) as changes happen for any one of a million reasons, and no airline is consistent about notifications.

Agree. Delta is famous for these type of changes. We had award flights to Honolulu from LAX, and they changed us to flights that flew to Salt Lake City, and then to Honolulu. I called and said you can't do that, we have a cruise ship to get on after the flight. We got our original flights back again.

(I forgot to mention to them the cruise ship left the next day. Minor detail. ;))

I just got an email re a flight change from Princess I thought it was the usual 5 or 10 minute time difference. They actually booked my husband and I on separate flights to LAX. I would be flying Tampa to Miami with a layover than on to Lax. My husband would be flying Tampa to LAX direct. I called American Airlines to find out what happened. The merger has resulted in many route and flight changes. Our original flights had both been cancelled . Princess has not been updated on all the changes. American has been working behind in notifying cruise lines as well as others. They suggest you call Princess to verify any changes made with your flights. I have a call into my planner as airport transfers would also have to be changed. Be sure to mention you have a flexible fare the initial response was there would be a $200.00 per person charge to change a flight

Thats ridiculous.

We've had Delta pull this sort of stunt when we booked directly thru them AND chose Delta specifically for the flight time we originally booked. The goal was to be able to leave after school, fly to Florida, and spend the night at a hotel before the cruise.

The first "change" that Delta did was something off the wall crazy. When I got them on the phone, the only other alternative was a flight thru Cincinnati (rather than Atlanta) that meant missing 1/2 day of school. Not nice. If we had known up front that the only option would involve missing that 1/2 day, we would have been on a direct flight on Southwest. But somehow we all survived.

Just as an update I just got a call from Princess. My PVP had left the building. A new person was assigned. I thought OH NO ! However he did a great job and now we are on the same flight. FYI even if a side note is put down such as call the airline if you have a question DONT DO IT Go back to Princess and let them fix it.

Just as an update I just got a call from Princess. My PVP had left the building. A new person was assigned. I thought OH NO ! However he did a great job and now we are on the same flight. FYI even if a side note is put down such as call the airline if you have a question DONT DO IT Go back to Princess and let them fix it.

Thats the prime reason we don't use one.

The turnover is heavy. :(

Glad it was fixed.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Glad it worked out well in the end, but it does add some stress.

We had used ezair for the first time in September prior to our transatlantic cruise, flying Air France YVR to BCN one week early. We had a three and a half hour layover in Paris after leaving Vancouver and arriving in Barcelona

Due to advice on these boards we checked diligently and 24 hours before printed out our boarding passes, finished our packing, and sat waiting the next morning for our son to drive us to the airport. We received an email from Air France that our Paris to Barcelona flight was "no longer available" and they had changed us to a later flight, now with a seven hour layover. Unacceptable to us adding further delay on an already very long flight so I called Air France. Never thought to call Princess. They told us there was nothing they could do here but to go immediately to AF desk when we arrived at CDG and there might be some compensation for the trouble, possibly a lounge pass, meal voucher.

To our pleasant surprise the young lady asked if we would like a flight leaving in one hour instead of seven and of course we jumped on it. She assured she could rerouted our luggage to this new earlier flight and it all went through without a hitch with the bonus of arriving in Barcelona several hours earlier than our original plans. Then a week later we got an email from Air France with 75 Euro voucher each as an apology for our inconvenience. A very fair outcome.

This is true whether or not you use EZ air. You need to check your flights regularly ...

As a former airline employee who worked reservations, I'd like to add the following: make sure the airline has ALL of your contact numbers in their record. To do this, call the airline directly. If you book through a travel agent, the airline will probably just have the travel agent's phone number. I cannot tell you how many times I tried to contact a passenger to tell them their flight was being re-routed, cancelled, or delayed to find no phone numbers.

If you will not have cell service where you are traveling, make sure to give them a number for a relative or someone else who will be responsible to contact you and let you know to call the airline.

The airline will usually call the first number in their records and will not always call all numbers, so make sure your preferred number is the first one listed.

If you are flying with more than one airline, that means you need to be diligent and make sure any airline you're flying with has the correct information.

Thank goodness. You know, if that were me and my husband and they made us stick to the reassigned flights....we would just not even go. Glad they fixed it for you. :)

Sometimes Delta gives me a better flight. Just saying.... sometimes I'm happy when they change my flight. LAX to MSP. There is usually a non-stop flight around noon which is always considerably more expensive than the later flights. I end up booking the 3pm flight and dread sitting at the airport for hours. Sometimes they just move me to the noon flight and I'm very happy.

That said, to the OP, I'm happy you got your problem worked out.

US scheduled airlines change their schedules every quarter to better balance their loads. Flight numbers, flight times and routing may change so you need to keep checking. Usually they will notify you (if they have your email address) but sometimes the computers mess up and miss notifying you of changes. Schedule changes are all done by computer and sometimes you need to call the airline or Princess. This is true of all flights no matter how they are booked. Routinely check your flight information.

Whenever we book Delta more then a few months in advance (and we do this quite often) we just assume that the flight schedule is "advisory" and not real. I cannot recall ever doing a Delta booking where the final schedule was the same as we originally booked :(. However, keep in mind that you do have some recourse if it is a significant change to the original booking. Delta will normally make further schedule adjustments (at your request) without assessing a change fee. And if all else fails, you should be able to cancel and get a complete refund.

Hank

Edited by Hlitner