january 2nd 2016, Koningsdam is on the move!

Alphen

Found this on Facebook :D Her Horn sounds Fantastic!!!!

Nice find Lisa! She's huge; just look at that starboard side dive board with al least four guys standing on it. Also eleven (22 total) lifeboats/tenders with the tenders appearing to be a new model. Bridge wing appears larger also

Nice find Lisa! She's huge; just look at that starboard side dive board with al least four guys standing on it. Also eleven (22 total) lifeboats/tenders with the tenders appearing to be a new model. Bridge wing appears larger also

I thought she looked huge too, a lot larger than I expected :) But I like it!!

Yeah, she'll be nice. We're getting in Civitavecchia the day you're leaving so I'm planning on visiting her that day :)

We may see you, I would say I wish we could meet but I have HAL transfers from our hotel to the ship and I have not idea what time they are going to get us there. But maybe I can catch you on board :)

We may see you, I would say I wish we could meet but I have HAL transfers from our hotel to the ship and I have not idea what time they are going to get us there. But maybe I can catch you on board :)

We're talking 15 APR 16, correct?

We're talking 15 APR 16, correct?

We disembark on the 15th we are on the first 7 days the 8th through the 15th, are you on the AMDM? We are staying an extra night at the end at the Visconti Palace. Trying to decide on if we will get a tour ot take the transfers to the hotel. Maybe we could still catch up.

The distinctive stairwell that leads from the Lido deck 9, to Panorama deck 10 on the outside way aft, is clearly visible in the end of the footage! :)

Thanks for the link!

It looks to me like the shipyard has repainted the Koningsdam funnel with the new HAL logo. I'm guessing the bill for that was bigger than what Capt. Card changed to update his painting to be placed on board Koningsdam. ;)

Edited by Modern_Viking

Thanks for the link!

It looks to me like the shipyard has repainted the Koningsdam funnel with the new HAL logo. I'm guessing the bill for that was bigger than what Capt. Card changed to update his painting to be placed on board Koningsdam. ;)

I'm putting into a quote for changing the funnels on all my paintings.

Re Repainting on vessels

Ships: 13 ships.

Funnels: 19 funnel logos ( 2 funnels each Vista & Signature ships)

Paint and materials:

Travel expenses. From Bermuda to each embarking port.

Neptune Suite:

Painting time:

Drying time:

Will be very costly.... I guess at least 6 months cruising. :D

Lovely. Maybe Captain Van Eerten (sp?) will get assigned to her for the Ft. Lauderdale season and the Queen of Toots will be replaced by the King of Toots.

Roy

I'm putting into a quote for changing the funnels on all my paintings.

Re Repainting on vessels

Ships: 13 ships.

Funnels: 19 funnel logos ( 2 funnels each Vista & Signature ships)

Paint and materials:

Travel expenses. From Bermuda to each embarking port.

Neptune Suite:

Painting time:

Drying time:

Will be very costly.... I guess at least 6 months cruising. :D

And at least one 'Dark 'n Stormy' for the headache ;)

Thanks Lisa

Now I'm really getting excited ! The sound of her horn blowing is phenomenal. Can you see your stateroom [emoji3]

Yes this got me really excited and sunk in a bit more. The Horn is definitely worthy of HAL. Looking forward to finding more videos.

I have one of the aft AS cabins on deck 7 so unfortunately no did not see it, I was hoping we would see her sail past so we could see the aft.

It is little stuff like this that HAL is missing out in making the anticipation more exciting. Unfortunately HAL's lead up to the Koningsdam has been rather lame.