Join Pete and Judy on their FIRST World Cruise on the Amsterdam

The-Inside-Cabin

I so appreciate the fact that you try to answer our questions, Pete. I have to admit though, I feel kinda guilty about giving you these assignments to do! After all, it is your vacation! Please, do not go out of your way to investigate!

Wondering if every few days you could just note your blog address. I have written it down, but that paper seems to always be In another room from me and my iPad.....would be wonderful to just touch the link!

So very much enjoying your style of writing and observations. So nice too to see you are doing so many of the activites. Understandably folks who have done long trips many times over the years are not as apt to try everything or go everywhere on each successive cruise. They have found their own routine and love it. You are trying everything on for size....congratulations, and happy sailing. M

I have been wondering about the book club. Do they release the titles prior to sailing or does the onboard librarian purchase multiple copies of the books on the list, in advance of the cruise?

Books are purchased by Seattle prior to the cruise. Apparently this segments books were delayed and will meet us in Sydney. Once the books arrive, the Librarian will know, but he doesn't know now what the titles will be.

Book clubs are scheduled on cruises over 18 days and with at least 4 days. They buy 35 copies of each title. They try not to repeat year over year...

I have a question. I haven't been on the Amsterdam in awhile. Do they have power outlets by the beds or are they still just by the desk?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just by the desk....I have unplugged the DVD player since never use it and gained another. You could probably use the plug the refrigerator is plugged into if you didn't have a fridge.

One of the plugs on the desk is euro and 220volts. Bring an adapter and you can use it also. There is a plug in the bathroom.

Edited by The-Inside-Cabin

Wondering if every few days you could just note your blog address. I have written it down, but that paper seems to always be In another room from me and my iPad.....would be wonderful to just touch the link!

So very much enjoying your style of writing and observations. So nice too to see you are doing so many of the activites. Understandably folks who have done long trips many times over the years are not as apt to try everything or go everywhere on each successive cruise. They have found their own routine and love it. You are trying everything on for size....congratulations, and happy sailing. M

My profile has a link. http://Www.theinsidecabin.com

Just add the blog to your home screen.

All you have to do is "bookmark this page" to add it to your favourites. Easy and no more searching for that piece of paper.:)

I'm late catching up, but I wouldn't agree that RCI ships have better internet. I just returned from the Enchantment and connecting from the room was not possible (no signal), and from the cafe it was reminiscent of dial up times. Although not charged for the long wait, it was just very annoying.

There are better systems......one of the fastest has been NCL Breakaway and Getaway.

If I recall correctly, HAL will offer a few possible itineraries for the 2018 WC, and the majority vote will rule. Previous WC guests will have a bigger voice in the selection. That might not happen for another year or so.

David

Edited by DAllenTCY

Any one talking about the 2018 World Cruise where it might go ?? thanks Marty

The 2018 World Cruise Itinerary will probably be announced during Mariner Appreciation Days on the current world cruise which is when the big shots from Seattle join the cruise. In the past it is usually around the middle or shortly thereafter. I have gleaned this from WJB and JohnnyB's past blogs.

The 2018 World Cruise Itinerary will probably be announced during Mariner Appreciation Days on the current world cruise which is when the big shots from Seattle join the cruise. In the past it is usually around the middle or shortly thereafter. I have gleaned this from WJB and JohnnyB's past blogs.

Thanks , I hope someone will post it from the ship, Like last year for the

2017 W.C. was don ..:)

My sources tell me the Seattle executives will arrive in Sydney and we can expect a presentation of options then - around Feb 12th...final itinerary announced later

Thanks I am booked on 2017 W.C. and gave $200 for 2018 W.C. today I leave on January 26, for 93 days on the Volendam in Asia.

Books are purchased by Seattle prior to the cruise. Apparently this segments books were delayed and will meet us in Sydney. Once the books arrive, the Librarian will know, but he doesn't know now what the titles will be.

Book clubs are scheduled on cruises over 18 days and with at least 4 days. They buy 35 copies of each title. They try not to repeat year over year...

What a great idea. Thank you for checking into this for me.

Thanks I am booked on 2017 W.C. and gave $200 for 2018 W.C. today I leave on January 26' date=' for 93 days on the Volendam in Asia.[/quote']

We signed up for the Azamara WC in 2018. Starts in March and leaves from Sydney. They have pretty good perks as it is their first WC.

Edited by KirkNC