No Fireballs on Celebrity? You got to be kidding!

F5Loar

Just back from the NYE Silhouette and we had the 123 GO package which included the classic drink package. I upgraded to the Premium which by the way does not cover ALL the top end drinks. Anyway, I asked for a Fireball (the sorta new cinnamon whiskey drink) that seems to be in every bar you walk into these days and was told they had none on the ship. That was the bar/beverage girl at dinner in the MDR. Then I asked the section martir-de girl who was so kind to check by our table every night about this no Fireball and asked her to please check with the head beverage guy and see if they could find me a shot at maybe another bar on the ship. She knew what the drink was and came back with there was none on the ship and they never had any to begin with. So just wondering if anyone else has had this problem with this ship or any other X ships? Last April, we were on the Brillance of the Seas RCL ship and it was flowing with Fireballs.

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

:D

Absinthe makes the heart go yonder.

Truly, I'm not at all surprised. Fireball is mainly drank as a shot (you're starting to see some use in cocktails but even that is limited) which isn't something that I think most Celebrity passengers are interested in. It's the sort of thing that would languish on a back shelf in the bar and take up space from things that they go through a lot of.

There are many different liquors that Celebrity and the other lines do not carry. While it would be nice if they could stock everything, I understand that isn't going to happen.

And for the record, Fireball has been around since 1984. I have some very bad memories of this product when I was in University :p

Fireballs were popular back I the 80's and the ones we made and served at my bar were made with;

Southern Comfort

Cinnamon Schnapps

Tabasco

well shaken with ice then strained and were served as a two shot drink (4ounces).

Now I guess they are a premade liquor.. Times do change.

bosco

If you don't mind: a Fireball story.

On a cruise last year (on a ship that does have Fireball), my Lovely Lady got a Fireball on ice. (We keep it at home, especially in winter.) Then we were on a crowded elevator, and the young lady in front turns and says "I smell Fireball!" Rachel said "Here it is, got it at the bar upstairs." So the stranger turns to me and says "Where's yours?" I smile, point to Rachel and say: "That's my fireball!" We all had a good laugh!!

Edited by UpcountryTravelers

Absinthe makes the heart go yonder.

Truly, I'm not at all surprised. Fireball is mainly drank as a shot (you're starting to see some use in cocktails but even that is limited) which isn't something that I think most Celebrity passengers are interested in. It's the sort of thing that would languish on a back shelf in the bar and take up space from things that they go through a lot of.

Not if X is trying to attract the new generational customer and get away from their loyalists.

No, Fireball would definitely be a drink that would sell, especially with 30 and 40 somethings. It is a requirement with our cruise group. We're always been able to find it on RC, but bartenders have told us that it does disappear from sailings for weeks at a time. I can't recall if they had it on our last Celebrity Cruise in November 2014.

It was a strange, but good, cruise.

My DS and SIL-2B took the behind the scenes tour on the last sea day. The stores manager told them that they had a lot more alcohol remaining than expected.

They had less milk remaining than expected.

They had over 500 children on board.

I wonder if they had it, but could not get to it? We've had that happen in the past. We've also experienced wanting a specific liquor and everyone saying they didn't have it, only to find it at only one bar on board. The issue is that you have to find the bar manager to know where to get it, or to get it at your favorite bar. My guess is that the Sunset Bar might have had it. Alternately, the bar manager may have found it didn't sell for a few cruises and chose not to stock it for the NYE cruise. It likely didn't sell in earlier December and probably not for January, but might in February and March.

Royal may have had the alcohol needed for the "Fireball" but the last time I was on Navigator of the Seas there was not a DROP of grapefruit juice on the ship anywhere to make a Seabreeze with.....and TRUST ME I checked everywhere right up to the Food & Beverage Manger....

So you never know.....:eek:

Edited by Gracie115

If you don't mind: a Fireball story.

On a cruise last year (on a ship that does have Fireball), my Lovely Lady got a Fireball on ice. (We keep it at home, especially in winter.) Then we were on a crowded elevator, and the young lady in front turns and says "I smell Fireball!" Rachel said "Here it is, got it at the bar upstairs." So the stranger turns to me and says "Where's yours?" I smile, point to Rachel and say: "That's my fireball!" We all had a good laugh!!

Good for you, your wife is still a Fireball, I've got one too!