Sky Suites and Michaels Lounge

cdnhockeyfan

You would have more selection when ordering outside of Michaels Club where you can order almost anything at no extra cost. Also free coffee on 5. Probably not worth it as cappuccino offered in room at N/C. You also do get some other wine discounts by the bottle in Luminae.

Edited by az_tchr

Just trying to get things straight in my mind. Sky Suites really don't have any incentive to move up to a premium package from the free 123 go Classic package??

Am I correct?

Why?

If you go to the Martini Bar, you cannot use your classic package for a Martini. If you like wine, you are very limited by the classic package. You can get some top shelf drinks and wine at Michael's, but are limited at other venues.

It really depends on your preferences.

Ken

If you are happy drinking premium drinks in Michael's and just having basic elsewhere it will work fine. Your compromise may be wine with dinner as the classic has not many options...just treat yourselves to a couple of nice bottles of wine!

In your position I would not upgrade but would be willing to buy wine and the odd other after dinner drink such as port or cognac...

There have been reports that there is now a drink menu in Michael's Club that limits selections. Looks like the Elite Hours rules are now coming to Michael's Club. This could be expected with the larger group and bottom line thinking. I'll see for myself in 5 days.

We have always had the premium package because the discount on the wines and the martini bar. We like good wine, in fact we have brought some on board and in Blu they are always happy to store it for us and serve when we come in.

I think we will still upgrade to premium and will be able to have my Grey Goose or Belvedere by the pool :)

We upgraded to Premium because we don't want to sit in Michael's all the time. It's nice, but no windows, and there are some great bars elsewhere with an entirely different group of people to meet.

We like a martini (ok or two) at the Martini Bar- no atmosphere like it anywhere on the ship. We like to go to the Sunset bar and we love a good wine at dinner. Actually the wines we liked were a few dollars a glass over the premium package and we just paid the difference.

So technically, no, you can get whatever drink you want in Michael's but it does limit you to having it there.

FYI they'll serve anything and if it's not in their bar, they'll get it or go make it somewhere. Those bartenders are great in Michael's (as is the hostess). Be sure to tip them and mention their names on the cards (used to be called attention to detail cards) after a few days and then towards the end. It will give them instant rewards like some shifts off, or phones home or internet time.

You would have more selection when ordering outside of Michaels Club where you can order almost anything at no extra cost. Also free coffee on 5. Probably not worth it as cappuccino offered in room at N/C. You also do get some other wine discounts by the bottle in Luminae.

The non-alcoholic coffee drinks at Al Bacio are included on the classic package.

We have booked many cruises with the 123go package mostly Aqua cabins. I changed our next cruise to a Sky Suite with Celebrity get all 4. For us we dont care what shelve the booze comes from. You can get a small martini in the Martini Bar, that will work with the classic drink package. This just means ordering more drinks and trying different drinks. If your into wine, yes premium wines are better and with more choices. Myself I have not found a white wine that I could not drink. One friend upgraded his classic drink package because he likes Guinness which is covered under premium drink package.

I agree 100% with you Claudia. We are always upgrading it seems on our wines. We also enjoy our martini(s) at the the martini bar, so much action going on. I hate to think that I would have to go all the way down to Michaels in my swimsuit to get that Chardonnay that is only available on the premium list.

Thanks everyone for your input. Karyn

Hi Orator,

Can you tell me more about this drinks menu in Michael's Club....? I have obviously missed a post, last time we were on board you just asked...If at present it is just rumour please confirm you will post after your cruise.

72 days to go for ours, have a great time!

We have booked many cruises with the 123go package mostly Aqua cabins. I changed our next cruise to a Sky Suite with Celebrity get all 4. For us we dont care what shelve the booze comes from. You can get a small martini in the Martini Bar, that will work with the classic drink package. This just means ordering more drinks and trying different drinks. If your into wine, yes premium wines are better and with more choices. Myself I have not found a white wine that I could not drink. One friend upgraded his classic drink package because he likes Guinness which is covered under premium drink package.

I have read that you cannot get the small Martinis in the Martini Bar. Is this a ship by ship thing? I have experienced that even with the premium package, you could not get the large Martinis in other bars (ensemble for example), only the small one (Reflection, one year ago).

Hi Orator,

Can you tell me more about this drinks menu in Michael's Club....? I have obviously missed a post, last time we were on board you just asked...If at present it is just rumour please confirm you will post after your cruise.

72 days to go for ours, have a great time!

Here it is

http://s1287.photobucket.com/user/mabell85255/media/12489273_1536059240039172_16656124036411670_o_zpsionfo0zp.jpg.html

Edited by Ma Bell

Thanks Ma Bell and Orator for your speedy responses. As we are in either RS or PH on upcoming cruises I assume we will just hand over our cards to receive the drink we want...and pay a surcharge if we want a drink over the limit as at any other bar?

Thanks Ma Bell and Orator for your speedy responses. As we are in either RS or PH on upcoming cruises I assume we will just hand over our cards to receive the drink we want...and pay a surcharge if we want a drink over the limit as at any other bar?

That's what I do when I want to go to the Elite Hour. I'm guessing that many who use MC will do the same and that will make more work for the bar staff as they will now need to collect the Seapass card.

Enjoy your next cruise.

...thanks again Ma Bell and Orator...not just for myself but for general info. I did respond to someone else's question the other day that you could 'order what you like in Michael's' ...unsure if that is the correct phrase I used but it had been my experience over three Michael's Club experiences.

...thanks again Ma Bell and Orator...not just for myself but for general info. I did respond to someone else's question the other day that you could 'order what you like in Michael's' ...unsure if that is the correct phrase I used but it had been my experience over three Michael's Club experiences.

You're more than welcome. Since until recently it was only higher category suites, Zeniths and VIPs that is the way it was. With the addition of Sky Suites they may feel they need to limit the selection a bit.

I'm a tad worried by this Ma Bell, as it sounds like a real step down :eek: from our previous experiences of MC.

When was this and where did you see it? Was it on your Sept cruise on Infinity?

It is interesting there was no announcement of the limitation. Some people people maybe counting on an open premium bar.

I can barely keep up with the changes.

Celebrity likes to shout long & loud about perceived good changes. Anything perceived as negative is never mentioned by Celebrity, they just wait for cruisers to report and then complain. Celebrity then ignores the complaints.