Rhapsody of the Seas

missbozz

The Wife and I are (seriously) entertaining the Rhapsody of the Seas 7N Western Caribbean this coming December. We cruised the Brilliance of the Seas out of Tampa Dec '14 and really enjoyed the ship, and kind of missed not cruising this December. I was looking into booking a 5N on the Brilliance in December when I saw the Rhapsody 7N Itinerary. My plan is to book a PV (Panoramic) Stateroom on Deck 8. The port visits are Roatan, Belize City, Costa Maya and Cozumel. We have been to Cozumel.

Opinions on ports visited, ship and statement are all welcome.

We were on Rhapsody at the end of October for a 10-day Eastern Med cruise. It was our first cruise, so have nothing to compare it with but we really enjoyed it. Our room was 8042 and we were really pleased with the cleanliness, space and decor. Our room attendant was lovely.

We ate breakfast mostly in the Windjammer (buffet) and it was very good - lots of fresh fruit, pastries, eggs, etc. We did go to the main dining room on both sea days but found the service slow and they kept getting everyone at our table orders wrong, so wouldn't really recommend it for breakfast. Dinners, though were excellent. We had anytime dining so that meant we went for dinner whenever it suited us. Food and service were always very good. We did eat in a couple of the specialty restaurants (Chops Steakhouse and Giovanni's Italian). Really enjoyed Chops but didn't really rate Giovanni's). Lunch in the Windjammer was also very good.

Entertainment was mostly enjoyable and the tours were good, although a bit hurried and a couple of changes of itinerary due to Greek port strikes (obviously outside RCI's control, but nevertheless disappointing).

All in all, we really enjoyed our cruise and would have no hesitation recommending Rhapsody.

We were on Rhapsody at the end of October for a 10-day Eastern Med cruise. It was our first cruise, so have nothing to compare it with but we really enjoyed it. Our room was 8042 and we were really pleased with the cleanliness, space and decor. Our room attendant was lovely.

We ate breakfast mostly in the Windjammer (buffet) and it was very good - lots of fresh fruit, pastries, eggs, etc. We did go to the main dining room on both sea days but found the service slow and they kept getting everyone at our table orders wrong, so wouldn't really recommend it for breakfast. Dinners, though were excellent. We had anytime dining so that meant we went for dinner whenever it suited us. Food and service were always very good. We did eat in a couple of the specialty restaurants (Chops Steakhouse and Giovanni's Italian). Really enjoyed Chops but didn't really rate Giovanni's). Lunch in the Windjammer was also very good.

Entertainment was mostly enjoyable and the tours were good, although a bit hurried and a couple of changes of itinerary due to Greek port strikes (obviously outside RCI's control, but nevertheless disappointing).

All in all, we really enjoyed our cruise and would have no hesitation recommending Rhapsody.

SandyPaws - would you mind telling me a bit more about your cabin? I am in 8548 for our Med cruise in July and there is precious little information regarding these new cabins. If you had any pics that would be amazing, but I realize not everybody takes cabin pictures!! I will be in the cabin with my two children (18, 13 both boys!) so I am wondering if it will feel super cramped. Any info is appreciated!

I've never attached a photo - so here's hoping this works! This is our room - photo taken on our 20th anniversary. Our room attendant had made our towels in to swans and set all our cards around them - lovely touch!

The room was plenty big enough for DH and I, but I think yours must be a different format as I don't think you could get another 2 people in. The bathroom was a good size (just on the left side as you entered), wardrobes on the right (again, plenty for us). There was a coffee table sitting in front of the dressing table which we moved because you had to go round it and I felt I would surely knock my shin off it in the middle of the night if I had to visit the bathroom! The highlight for us was the full-length window. It was great.

The 8th floor is ideal too. Just one floor above is the pool and Windjammer and the restaurant was 2 floors down on the 5th. We only used the lift the day we arrived with the cases and the day we left.

751214838_Cruiseroom8042.jpg.409315da2fac5dab22d41c3f599a6066.jpg

I've never attached a photo - so here's hoping this works! This is our room - photo taken on our 20th anniversary. Our room attendant had made our towels in to swans and set all our cards around them - lovely touch!

The room was plenty big enough for DH and I, but I think yours must be a different format as I don't think you could get another 2 people in. The bathroom was a good size (just on the left side as you entered), wardrobes on the right (again, plenty for us). There was a coffee table sitting in front of the dressing table which we moved because you had to go round it and I felt I would surely knock my shin off it in the middle of the night if I had to visit the bathroom! The highlight for us was the full-length window. It was great.

The 8th floor is ideal too. Just one floor above is the pool and Windjammer and the restaurant was 2 floors down on the 5th. We only used the lift the day we arrived with the cases and the day we left.

Thank you so much! That really helps! It will only be 3 of us in the cabin, me and 2 boys, the cabin is listed as having a sofa bed so I am hoping we will be fine. With the itinerary and all there is to do I don't anticipate spending much time in the cabin anyway. Good to know about how easy it was to get around, we try not to use the lifts during the cruise anyway.

Did you experience any noise from the pool deck or Windjammer? I am mainly asking about night or early morning, as I don't expect to be hanging out in the cabin during the day!! :)

Hi all.

I have cruised twice with P and O and have seen a really tempting offer on Rhapsody of the Seas.

If you have cruised on her I would love to hear your opinions.

MissBozz, we sailed on Rhapsody for our second-ever cruise, our first being P&O, and it is thanks to her (Rhapsody) that we are card-carrying members of the Loyal to Royal Club! Hopefully you will enjoy her as much as we did - we are returning to her in April of next year for a transatlantic.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
I was on her from April to June from Sydney to Istanbul and was great! Heading back on her in March to go around the horn to Venice.

We'll be on the cruise before you for our Around the Horn cruise. We're really looking forward to this amazing itinerary. I'm curious about the MDR and availability of tables for 2? We have 1st seating at 6:30 pm. Do they have a Gold card area for breakfast and/or lunch?

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

• 3 months later...

I'm booked for the 13 night repo in 2017. I'm just hoping that I won't be bored at night, after being on Anthem so many times. I love all the entertainment on Anthem, especially all the music choices at night. What is the entertainment like on Rhapsody? It looks like most of the entertainment is in the centrum, with mostly standing room.

I'm booked for the 13 night repo in 2017. I'm just hoping that I won't be bored at night, after being on Anthem so many times. I love all the entertainment on Anthem, especially all the music choices at night. What is the entertainment like on Rhapsody? It looks like most of the entertainment is in the centrum, with mostly standing room.

At various times, there will be music in the aft lounge, centrum, pool deck, Schooner Bar, and Viking Crown.

Edited by clarea

I am on this same cruise. I was apprehensive also. We have never been on such a small/older ship before....but everyone here seems to love the Rhapsody, which reassures me. We are really looking forward to this itinerary more than anything. :)

We sailed the Rhapsody in 2011....Alaska. I realize that was a while ago but she had the BEST crew I have ever sailed with on any cruise line. It was amazing. We have been on several other cruises since then....this was still the best.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We just booked Rhapsody today for a 7 night Western Caribbean out of Tampa on April 1, 2017. I'm wondering if there is a roll call yet. I'll search for it.