Captains Club

wejd

Looking for sage words of advice or ideas from the great contributors on here. We are currently both Elite in Captains Club and following our next cruise in February we will be one point short of Elite Plus. With another cruise coming up in May it would be nice to come on board as an Elite Plus. Obviously it's not something to get hung up about - it's not worth enough to loose any sleep over it but if anyone has any ideas as to how we could find that "missing" point that would be nice!

Thanks

WEJD

Was two points short on at the start of a 14 day TA. The word was sorry, points are awarded at the conclusion of every cruise.

FWIW - There was a recent thread about points and I went to Captains Club and found they gave me points for a lower class of cabin on my last cruise. That is certainly worth a look.

Looking for sage words of advice or ideas from the great contributors on here. We are currently both Elite in Captains Club and following our next cruise in February we will be one point short of Elite Plus. With another cruise coming up in May it would be nice to come on board as an Elite Plus. Obviously it's not something to get hung up about - it's not worth enough to loose any sleep over it but if anyone has any ideas as to how we could find that "missing" point that would be nice!

Thanks

WEJD

Don't know when your cruise is in May but there is a two day cruise on the Eclipse out of Southhampton on May 8th.

Thanks

WEJD

What cabin type are you booked for your February cruise? If you are in an oceanview, could you possibly upgrade to a balcony? Or if in a balcony, could you swing it to upgrade to concierge or aqua class. You will be awarded credits for the cabin type you book ... so not applicable to an upgrade to one of these cabin types if you pay to move to another room while onboard.

Other than adding another short cruise in before May, I think an upgrade is the only way you are going to be able to swing this.

Many thanks for all the suggestions. Booked in Aqua at the moment for the February cruise so a big jump in cost for an upgrade.Short cruise is the most likely solution if I can do it at a sensible cost so I will keep an eye on the price of the May cruise from Southampton, UK which is only a two drive from home. With all the booking incentives offered at the moment not a huge value to the jump to Elite Plus for just one cruise.

Thanks again

WEJD

Many thanks for all the suggestions. Booked in Aqua at the moment for the February cruise so a big jump in cost for an upgrade.Short cruise is the most likely solution if I can do it at a sensible cost so I will keep an eye on the price of the May cruise from Southampton, UK which is only a two drive from home. With all the booking incentives offered at the moment not a huge value to the jump to Elite Plus for just one cruise.

Thanks again

WEJD

To be honest for the extra benefits you'll get for Elite Plus over Elite it would have to be a really cheap cruise to be worthwhile. Two bags of laundry (washed, dry and folded, no pressing), 200 free internet minutes compared to 90, free cappuccinos, 10% discount on a beverage package and 15% discount on specialties. Yes, it would have to be a very cheap cruise!

Phil

To be honest for the extra benefits you'll get for Elite Plus over Elite it would have to be a really cheap cruise to be worthwhile. Two bags of laundry (washed, dry and folded, no pressing), 200 free internet minutes compared to 90, free cappuccinos, 10% discount on a beverage package and 15% discount on specialties. Yes, it would have to be a very cheap cruise!

Phil

.....but this way of thinking is resulting in booking an extra cruise, never a bad thing!

Must admit though I was looking at the Elite Plus perks, as we go Elite Plus after next cruise, and they are not worth a lot.....

Phil

Yup. Elite was the important goal; Elite + much less so. In my view it's certainly not worth the expense. After our last cruises we are only 1900 points away from Zenith. I can't wait !!!;)

.....but this way of thinking is resulting in booking an extra cruise, never a bad thing!

Must admit though I was looking at the Elite Plus perks, as we go Elite Plus after next cruise, and they are not worth a lot.....

Don't get me wrong. They are nice to have, but I wouldn't make a special effort to attain it early in this way unless I was really hankering after a short cruise. Now Elite Plus to Zenith maybe.......

Phil

Don't get me wrong. They are nice to have, but I wouldn't make a special effort to attain it early in this way unless I was really hankering after a short cruise. Now Elite Plus to Zenith maybe.......

Phil

We have no hope of getting there! Now our young adult son also become Elite Plus on out next cruise (already Diamond Plus on RC)......Now why didn't I have parents who cruised?! He may get there....

Phil

If you do not drink coffee the only benefit I can see is an extra bag of laundry.

Edited by Jade13

If you do not drink coffee the only benefit I can see is an extra bag of laundry.

+ 110 internet minutes seems worthwhile to me, I struggle to eek out 90 minutes on a 14 day cruise.

Now if you didn't take 5 minutes to log on, things might be different!

We have no hope of getting there! Now our young adult son also become Elite Plus on out next cruise (already Diamond Plus on RC)......Now why didn't I have parents who cruised?! He may get there....

He's a lucky boy:). Nearest I got to a cruise as a kid was on a ferry from Southampton to Bilbao!

Phil

He's a lucky boy:). Nearest I got to a cruise as a kid was on a ferry from Southampton to Bilbao!

Phil

Isle of Man was my early cruise experience....sick all the way there (and all the way back)!

In 2014 we took an Hawaii to Sydney cruise to celebrate my retirement. Our son came with us and met up with some young Ausies, Brits and Americans....They are all meeting up on our March cruise...I guess these professional 20/30 somethings are X's target market. Contrary to many things we read on this board they are a really civilized bunch....they will be dressing in suits for 'chic' night and enjoy dining in Murano's. I guess we will see him at some point in the cruise....

+ 110 internet minutes seems worthwhile to me, I struggle to eek out 90 minutes on a 14 day cruise.

Now if you didn't take 5 minutes to log on, things might be different!

But this is my point, you can buy extra Internet minutes for a lot cheaper than another cruise, albeit a short one.:D