Ovation: is she the poor relation?

Thanks for all the information everyone. Am on the 3rd May cruise and have been searching for info. Booked dining, checking entertainment every day just in case. I've heard that there won't be a Broadway show too because it would only be one for a few weeks. Bargain balcony cheaper than an inside cabin though so am happy with whatever entertainment they give us

When we did the 3n on Anthem, they had one menu - the same menu - in all the restaurants. So many people complained....totally out of context to be sitting in Silk eating Beef Wellington..... or sitting in your finery in Grande eating a curry......their excuse was that because it was a short cruise and people would not have the time to sample all 4 DD restaurants, they chose the 'best' items from each menu and put together a single menu.

If I recall the menu was different every night, but still just a selection and not the full menu; but this is not what we were expecting.

Ahh... I recall reading about that. It was billed as a sampler cruise.

No matter which restaurant you chose to dine in you could choose from a selection from ALL restaurants.

A novel idea from RCI's perspective, but not at all what guests were expecting.

I suspect the 14th April 3nt on Ovation could be the same.

We are sailing May 3rd and we have been able to book the dining for a few weeks now. Still no entertainment though.

Still can't book complimentary dining for May 10 or May 26 sailings.

It's only 39 days till her first cruise.....STILL no dining, no drinks packages, no entertainment.... [emoji848]

Sent from my iPad mini 4 using Tapatalk

We are on May 3rd cruise and we have been able to book restaurants & drink packages, no entertainment though saying book onboard.

If this ship was sailing from the USA there would be a riot at the lack of info..... But as she is only for the Brits and Europeans.....

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk

There was also a lack of info while Quantum was being built.

Odd that you can't make reservations yet, though.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

I'm on may 10th sailing and I can book everything :)

As you can book 'everything' perhaps you can share with us who remain totally in the dark, what entertainment there is to book, the show times etc?

Yes... please do! :)

Dont know how you have managed that apart from speciality dining and the excursions I still can't book anything :(

Same here. However, I have noticed a couple of changes. It now has a link stating "Plan All Cruise Dining". So I wonder if it is now possible to make reservations for the complimentary restaurants. We changed to Dynamic Dining Class so this does not apply to us.

I also noticed that at the bottom of the page, an activities icon has appeared. At the moment that does not lead to anything, but I am hoping that this means they are getting ready to open this up.

Corinna

Same here. However, I have noticed a couple of changes. It now has a link stating "Plan All Cruise Dining". So I wonder if it is now possible to make reservations for the complimentary restaurants. We changed to Dynamic Dining Class so this does not apply to us.

I also noticed that at the bottom of the page, an activities icon has appeared. At the moment that does not lead to anything, but I am hoping that this means they are getting ready to open this up.

Corinna

We have Dynamic dining but i have booked times in restaurants?

I called today to make my final payment and asked about the entertainment, he said it wasn't available yet but it shouldn't be long, heres hoping :)

We have Dynamic dining but i have booked times in restaurants?

I called today to make my final payment and asked about the entertainment, he said it wasn't available yet but it shouldn't be long, heres hoping :)

Thanks for the update. There are two different kinds of Dynamic Dining. It sounds like you have Dynamic Dining Choice, which is similar to My Time Dining on the other ships. Essentially it is up to you when and where you want to eat.

We have opted for Dynamic Dining Classic. With this, we have a set dining time, eat with the same people every night and have the same serving team. This comes with either early or late seating. The main difference from the traditional setup is that we rotate through the 4 complimentary restaurants. We are used to this as up to now, we have cruised Disney and there this is the norm. They call it rotational dining and they only have three complimentary restaurants, but other than that, it is the same and this is what we feel comfortable with.

Corinna

Thanks for the update. There are two different kinds of Dynamic Dining. It sounds like you have Dynamic Dining Choice, which is similar to My Time Dining on the other ships. Essentially it is up to you when and where you want to eat.

We have opted for Dynamic Dining Classic. With this, we have a set dining time, eat with the same people every night and have the same serving team. This comes with either early or late seating. The main difference from the traditional setup is that we rotate through the 4 complimentary restaurants. We are used to this as up to now, we have cruised Disney and there this is the norm. They call it rotational dining and they only have three complimentary restaurants, but other than that, it is the same and this is what we feel comfortable with.

Corinna

Oh yes, of course, im just getting used to all the terms. I am never ready on time, thats why we chose the other one :)

Corinna

The new options you mention are not new to me, they have always been there sorry to say

Hi All,

Im on the April 22 cruise. I took to facebook to complain about the lack of info on the Ovation - This is the conversation.

Me: How about some information on the red headed step sister, Ovation of the Seas. ‪#‎Harmony‬ already has a hashtag movement and a ton of information about entertainment and goodies on board. Ovation feels left out and her passengers do to....Help Ovation feel better about herself!

Royal Caribbean International: Hi Michelle, Ovation is feeling a little jelly! However, we will be releasing more information soon. Stay tuned!

for those you who dont know American Slang - "Jelly" is short for jealous....

I sent Royal a private message via their FB page on 22 Feb asking when the naming ceremony for the Ovation would be taking place. I also mentioned that I was on the April 17 sailing.

On the 2nd March they finally replied that they are "looking at providing guests with a special experience to mark the inaugural sailing and will be in touch as soon as possible to share more details."

I must say it's all a bit strange. You would think by now they would have announced these things.

Feeling a little jelly! ??

With just five weeks to go, I think the guests onboard the inaugural and subsequent cruises are perhaps starting to feel a little more than jelly.

I've had an email exchange with Guest Services and C&A.

Guest services: "In regards of the entertainment we apologise for the inconvenience since they might not show yet into the cruise planner but you will always have the option to go to the shows since usually there is 2 show times a day"

C&A: didn't bother to reply.

Still, it's a vacation. We shouldn't let these small things get in the way. :rolleyes:

Feeling a little jelly! ??

With just five weeks to go, I think the guests onboard the inaugural and subsequent cruises are perhaps starting to feel a little more than jelly.

I've had an email exchange with Guest Services and C&A.

Guest services: "In regards of the entertainment we apologise for the inconvenience since they might not show yet into the cruise planner but you will always have the option to go to the shows since usually there is 2 show times a day"

C&A: didn't bother to reply.

Still, it's a vacation. We shouldn't let these small things get in the way. :rolleyes:

Agreed, yet still somehow slightly annoying. It's either really weird how they are intentionally keeping the info a secret or disconcerting because they really have no clue what's happening.

I had emailed @PuzzleBreak to ask if they had an "escape room" on the Ovation and they replied "stay tuned for an announcement soon". So again, secretive or still negotiating?

35 days until her first sailing.....

NO dining

NO entertainment

NO information

After having parted with several thousand ££'s I am beginning to wonder whether we will need to bring our own food...:mad::confused:

...and yet, people keep paying a premium for inaugural sailings.:rolleyes:

35 days until her first sailing.....

NO dining

NO entertainment

NO information

After having parted with several thousand ££'s I am beginning to wonder whether we will need to bring our own food...:mad::confused:

What sailing are you on? My dining is booked and im on the april 22 sailing. No entertainment yet, but internet package and drinks package are up.