$5,656 for a balcony on Oasis in June !!

berylde

Pricing cabins for 2 of our families in June on the Oasis.

One family consists of Mom & Dad and 2 children under 12. According to RCL website, inside and OV cabins unavailable. So, the price for a superior balcony for the 4 of them is $5,656 for 7 days.

The other family has 3 children. I didn't even try for a quote. I am in shock at these prices

But, would like to know if I am naive. Is $ 5,656, the amount an average family would spend on a week's vacation? (doesn't include their airfare, either)

One family consists of Mom & Dad and 2 children under 12. According to RCL website, inside and OV cabins unavailable. So, the price for a superior balcony for the 4 of them is $5,656 for 7 days.

The other family has 3 children. I didn't even try for a quote. I am in shock at these prices

But, would like to know if I am naive. Is $ 5,656, the amount an average family would spend on a week's vacation? (doesn't include their airfare, either)

It was about that price for 2 on our March cruise on Allure.

Book early for the best deals. No way I would pay that price. Also why not check out the price of 1 balcony and 1 inside across the hall. The price is probably comparable.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

My wife and I have been comparing cruise prices and an all inclusive vacations the all inclusive is by far cheaper with airfare included in the price transportation from airport all your food and drinks all watersports, trips into town bonfires on the beach and so much more for less money:eek:

I am not too surprised by that price, considering it's summer time and on one of the more popular ships. That's an average of just over $1400 per person. As someone else suggested, you could look into getting two cabins, instead of one the accommodates four people.

We are going on the oasis in April during my kids spring break and there's 6 of us and we got an inside family room (you need to have 5 or more in your party to book this room I think) and it was around $3900, my mom and dad are going and for their room for 2 was around $1900.

No way would I spend that much for a balcony. We just got back today from the Allure. Had a neighborhood balcony. Paid $875.00pp including port charges, taxes and tips. Plus got good shipboard credits.

As others have said, June is prime season for families with children so the prices are always higher. You really can't compare what you paid now.

I think the price is high, but that's also peak time when families go on vacation. We tend to book a cruise several months or even a year in advance and always wait for a sale. Our November cruise on Allure was purchased during their 30% off sale and we got an excellent price on a Jr Suite. I would shop around more and look at all cruise lines before I booked that cruise.

Just for kicks and giggles I priced out Disney for you:

June 4th Fantasy Eastern Caribbean (Port Canaveral)

Inside - $7865

Outside - $8173

Verandah - $8719

That was the family of four.

Now how much would you pay? :eek::D

Edited by Big_G

As a DCL veteran, that price doesn't sound that bad to me! It really is relative, I guess. DH, DD and I are booked on Allure for spring break 2017 (Easter week). We paid $4,600 for a JS during the 30% off sale back in the fall. We considered a Western on the Disney Fantasy for the same week, but their least expensive balcony room would have cost us about $7,000 (and that was on opening day when prices are typically at their lowest). No thank you.

Edited by LisaLisa87

Just for kicks and giggles I priced out Disney for you...

Now how much would you pay? :eek::D

A Disney cruise is always ridiculously more expensive than pretty much every other comparable cruise on other cruise lines. I did quite a bit of research for our May cruise (a 7 night Caribbean cruise) and got price quotes for 14 different ships sailing on the same weekend. Prices for a balcony stateroom for our family of 4 including taxes varied from almost $7,000 for the Disney Fantasy down to $1,400 for the MSC Divina. Carnival, Royal and NCL filled the gap between the two with prices ranging from $2,800 to $5,000.

To the OP, demand is high and prices are definitely going up, but at the same time there are some great deals still out there. Shop around. It may be time to see what offers other cruise lines have available. As mentioned above, MSC is offering the absolute lowest price of all because they are currently offering a (real) 2 for 1 balcony offer as well as a (real) Kids Sail Free promotion, sailing on a beautiful and relatively new ship. We couldn't pass it up since the total cost of our cruise for a family of FOUR is equivalent to the cost of ONE passenger on Royal for the same week!

Edited by Tapi