Grandeur of the Seas delay

Manbo

Just got this message from RC:

This is an important message regarding your upcoming cruise.

Hello, this is Royal Caribbean International. We would like to provide you with important information regarding your upcoming sailing onboard Grandeur of the Seas. Due to Snowstorm Jonas, boarding for your cruise will be delayed by a day. Your cruise on Grandeur will now depart Baltimore on Monday, January 25. We ask that guests arrive to the terminal on Monday for check in and boarding. A letter with additional details on your itinerary will be provided to you at check in. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation, and looking forward to welcoming you aboard.

HI: Thanks for the message. Take it this was a phone call? Hope to get one myself this afternoon then. Will be driving up from DC and hoping that the roads will be better than we can expect in this area. :( JPK

No, It was an email, and I had to acknowledge receipt.

I also looked under "my cruises" messages, and nothing there yet, but I did see under itineraries, they list the one day delay.

I am assuming that we will skip our stop in Haiti to make up the extra day. Given the protests there earlier in the week, that would seem reasonable.

No, It was an email, and I had to acknowledge receipt.

I also looked under "my cruises" messages, and nothing there yet, but I did see under itineraries, they list the one day delay.

I am assuming that we will skip our stop in Haiti to make up the extra day. Given the protests there earlier in the week, that would seem reasonable.

I have never seen any message under "my cruises" message tab. I don't know why it's there. With the updating snowfall forecast, it's probably good they are coming in late as roads will more likely be clearer on Monday.

so the sailing which is now leaving on Monday 25th will be a day short yes? Meaning my sailing on 3rd feb (should) still remain the same??

Your sailing will be fine. Any delays only affect 2 cruises. The one that is late arriving and the next one leaving.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

This has me really worried now

I'm board grandeur on the 3rd feb

If that sailing is delayed a day is that going to knock over to my sailing or will that sailing be cut short a day?

I have flights booked from the uk!

I assume the Jan. 24 sailing will be cut short by one day. The Feb. 3 sailing should not be affected. We are on both. Already at our hotel in Baltimore so get to spend an extra day here.

Sorry for those of you that have to spend extra night at hotel.:( Some folks were going to have a hard time getting to the port by Sunday and might have missed the boat. We were worried about our son having to drop us off at the port if road conditions were bad. It all worked out in the end. (except for those having to pay for additional hotel night:mad:)

Just look on the bright side. Monday is a new day. See you onboard.

Currently onboard Grandeur now and they have not said a word about being delayed a day. Someone from my roll call informed me that the port of Baltimore has been shut down until Sunday. Didn't find out until I looked at Royal's site that we're delayed a day. We are currently going 15.4 knots and a little north of Port Canaveral.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Currently onboard Grandeur now and they have not said a word about being delayed a day. Someone from my roll call informed me that the port of Baltimore has been shut down until Sunday. Didn't find out until I looked at Royal's site that we're delayed a day. We are currently going 15.4 knots and a little north of Port Canaveral.

They announced about 15 minutes ago that we will indeed be arriving in Monday.

Sorry for those of you that have to spend extra night at hotel.:( Some folks were going to have a hard time getting to the port by Sunday and might have missed the boat. We were worried about our son having to drop us off at the port if road conditions were bad. It all worked out in the end. (except for those having to pay for additional hotel night:mad:)

Flexibility and a sunny attiitude are the most important travel accessories. See ya on board!

It really wouldn't have made any difference if we had known earlier about the delay. We had a two day drive to get here. We weren't going to be able to drive on Saturday and Sunday, so driving Thursday and Friday was our only option. This is certainly good for those who were unable to change plans to arrive early.

This has me really worried now

I'm board grandeur on the 3rd feb

If that sailing is delayed a day is that going to knock over to my sailing or will that sailing be cut short a day?

I have flights booked from the uk!

Your sailing on Feb 3rd will not be effected by this change. The previous sailing which should have left on 1/24 will be cut short by 1 day & leave on 1/25.

They will most likely skip Labadee because of the uprising they are having there. I heard Royal pulled their employees off the island.

Just got this message from RC:

This is an important message regarding your upcoming cruise.

Hello, this is Royal Caribbean International. We would like to provide you with important information regarding your upcoming sailing onboard Grandeur of the Seas. Due to Snowstorm Jonas, boarding for your cruise will be delayed by a day. Your cruise on Grandeur will now depart Baltimore on Monday, January 25. We ask that guests arrive to the terminal on Monday for check in and boarding. A letter with additional details on your itinerary will be provided to you at check in. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation, and looking forward to welcoming you aboard.

Radio is doing a live from the ship, tune in.

So when the following itinerary is unexpectedly cut short by a day...does RCI do anything for the affected passengers by way of compensation? (I believe that if a port of call is skipped, they'll refund those port fees, but that's different from losing a whole day off your sailing.)

The ticket contract (section 6) suggests the answer to this is "no", but I am wondering if that's just legal boilerplate to mitigate their liability, giving them the freedom to do something for the passengers without setting a precedent or opening themselves up to class-action litigation.

So when the following itinerary is unexpectedly cut short by a day...does RCI do anything for the affected passengers by way of compensation? (I believe that if a port of call is skipped, they'll refund those port fees, but that's different from losing a whole day off your sailing.)

The ticket contract (section 6) suggests the answer to this is "no", but I am wondering if that's just legal boilerplate to mitigate their liability, giving them the freedom to do something for the passengers without setting a precedent or opening themselves up to class-action litigation.

Sometimes they will give some amount or percentage off a future cruise. Sometimes just OBC on the current cruise.