Anthem sailing delayed a day

BUgrad

The sailing this Monday has been delayed a day due to weather. The ship will not arrive in port until a day later. While I understand the need for safety,I nonetheless anticipated a 12 day cruise. Under such circumstances, will adjustments be made by the cruise Line?

can not get an answer from RCI if the ports are going to change. We as well as others have reservations for tours that were not booked thru RCI. If we do not know if the ports are cancelled we can not cancel our tours with in the allotted time frame. I would think that by now they would know what they are going to do with one less day.

The sailing this Monday has been delayed a day due to weather. The ship will not arrive in port until a day later. While I understand the need for safety,I nonetheless anticipated a 12 day cruise. Under such circumstances, will adjustments be made by the cruise Line?

Adjustments will be made to the itinerary as discussed on previous posts. Your cruise will now be an 11 day cruise.

can not get an answer from RCI if the ports are going to change. We as well as others have reservations for tours that were not booked thru RCI. If we do not know if the ports are cancelled we can not cancel our tours with in the allotted time frame. I would think that by now they would know what they are going to do with one less day.

Guys calm down, you will be fine. Anthem will just have to go at full speed

in reading expierence of delayed, they usually cancelled the first port of call. If you heading to labadee, i think rccl will skip this port because of the protest.Dpnt count my word for high hope.

Given that your first stop is Labadee where other Royal ships were unable to dock recently due to political protests it's logical that you'll skip that port and go right on to Falmouth. Too bad, usually a great beach day.

I agree with the others that skipping Labadee is the logical solution and one that would have been made even without the current situation in Haiti.

Losing one day is going to impact the cruise more than just missing Labadee. Falmouth is appriximately 250 NM further away and the Anthem was doing close to 20 knots to get to Labadee in two sea days on our Jan.3rd cruise. Even at maximum speed of 23 knots for 2 1/2 days the ship will likely arrive in Falmouth later than the 9am originally scheduled time.

Edited by robtulipe

Losing one day is going to impact the cruise more than just missing Labadee. Falmouth is at least 250 NM further away and the Anthem was doing close to 20 knots to get to Labadee in two sea days on our Jan.3rd cruise. Even at maximum speed of 23 knots for 2 1/2 days the ship will likely arrive in Falmouth later than the 9am originally scheduled time.

What? :eek:

Don't they have a hyper speed on that fancy new ship? :p :D

We are also on the Anthem now leaving Tuesday. Yes, we are a little disappointed, but we have concern for the people who are now on the Anthem. They will not have a smooth ride back. Waves are considered to be 40 ft. Many will be missing their flights back home.

We are also on the Anthem now leaving Tuesday. Yes, we are a little disappointed, but we have concern for the people who are now on the Anthem. They will not have a smooth ride back. Waves are considered to be 40 ft. Many will be missing their flights back home.

How refreshing to read such a thoughtful post. I am impressed! Blessings to you!

It's only logical that they cancel that port. Still, it's disappointing to have a shorter cruise than expected. Is there usually some sort of compensation provided or does RC just says 'too bad so sad, not our fault?'

I'm sure Royal will offer some kind of compensation like obc or something of the sort. They don't have to being that weather is not under their control but in situations like this in the past they have always given the passengers something.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

Losing one day is going to impact the cruise more than just missing Labadee. Falmouth is appriximately 250 NM further away and the Anthem was doing close to 20 knots to get to Labadee in two sea days on our Jan.3rd cruise. Even at maximum speed of 23 knots for 2 1/2 days the ship will likely arrive in Falmouth later than the 9am originally scheduled time.
I doubt she would exceed her max cruising speed of 22 kts. at that speed it would take 2 days 19 hrs. http://www.sea-distances.org/

SO will folks on the 10 day cruise get 10 or 11 Points? Will the folks on the 12 day cruise get 12 or 11 points?:confused:

They will probably get what they paid for. So, those that paid for a 10 night will get 10 (or 20 in a suite) and those that paid for a 12 night will get 12 (or 24 in a suite). They won't take or add points.

As it is, more than likely there will be some compensation. I'm not talking huge amounts, but possibly a couple hundred per cabin or so for the inconvenience of having to stay longer onboard or for those who came in expecting to meet the ship and having to adjust plans. That would be the least of my concern. Honestly, when missing ports, the most we've ever received is $25 obc. One time on Carnival (Glory) the ship was 8-9 hours late coming into port due to a medical emergency that caused them to divert and we boarded at 5:30pm. Carnival gave each cabin something like $25 to cover the fact we had to eat lunch before we boarded.

They will probably get what they paid for. So, those that paid for a 10 night will get 10 (or 20 in a suite) and those that paid for a 12 night will get 12 (or 24 in a suite). They won't take or add points.

As it is, more than likely there will be some compensation. I'm not talking huge amounts, but possibly a couple hundred per cabin or so for the inconvenience of having to stay longer onboard or for those who came in expecting to meet the ship and having to adjust plans. That would be the least of my concern. Honestly, when missing ports, the most we've ever received is $25 obc. One time on Carnival (Glory) the ship was 8-9 hours late coming into port due to a medical emergency that caused them to divert and we boarded at 5:30pm. Carnival gave each cabin something like $25 to cover the fact we had to eat lunch before we boarded.

Thanks, I was just curious how C&A would handle that type of situation. I have missed several ports but never a lost day or received an extra day. Edited by FLACRUISER99

Will the cruise line pick up the tips on the day we are stuck out at sea? Thanks for any help. And anyone who thinks that adding a day to an already long 3 days at sea is crazy.

I guess I'm crazy then, because we had EIGHT sea days in a row on the Anthem TA (and seven on other TAs I've taken). Love sea days.

You're on a gorgeous floating resort, with plenty of wonderful indoor spaces. You didn't just shovel 17 inches of snow, with more coming down every minute.

I'd trade places with you in an instant. Enjoy yourself!

I would think that the refund would be prorated based on price in relations to the # of days. One night's credit + port fees, if skipping any stops.