Anything you vow to do or refrain from on your next cruise?

Good thread!

I would like to try something different - maybe join the Princess choir ;)

Yep, I always go into the Princess Pop Choir, they only have it on cruises over 14 days, no time to practice on the short cruises. Not uncommon to have 100 singers on the long cruises.

I vow not to eat all the health food at HC brekkie, you know, the snags, bacon, hash browns, corn beef hash, eggs, mushrooms, tomatos etc, etc. But some how I get drawn in by the brekkie magnet to the bain maries. LOL.

At least if I go into the MDR to eat that, I only eat half as much, as it is served.

Cruise after cruise I vowed to play shuffle board, finally did last cruise, really enjoyed but not good for a buggered up back.

Vow not to buy any art (they made that easy last cruise nothing at a price that made it worth buying)

Vow to eat some different foods (we usually manage this one) last cruise wife tried escargot (again) and liked this one, done in a bread crumb type topping rather than garlic.

If we have soda and more (and now it seems there is no straight soda) try a different mocktail.

To not veat so much bread (never manage this one, fresh soft and fluffy inside, crusty outrside fresh butter at just the right temperature yummmy).

Vow to swim and spa DAILY, even in Alaska

Do at least 4 laps of Promenade deck daily

Take the stairs more frequently rather than now and then

How about you?

I did at least 4 laps (i mile/1.6Km) of the Promenade Deck each day, and often did 8-12 circuits; unfortunately, very few were uninterrupted (I like to talk ... Elaine says I only have lips to stop my mouth from fraying ...) and my 'record' for a lap is 1 hour 36 minutes (Elaine timed it :eek:).

So, next cruise I MUST be more disciplined and just get on with the exercise - THEN I can stop and talk - but not for soooo long!

Oh - and I must not try to beat my other record of increasing my shirt size within 12 days as I did over Xmas & New Year on the cruise. Back to normal size now again - amazing what 3 weeks of wifely 'No, Stephen' can do :o

Vow to have a great cruise with my bride as always & to ignore the 'I Cruise To Whinge' brigade.

Only 65 more sleeps.

Happy cruising!

A serious (for me - a 'Whingeing Pom') question. Does the 'Cruise to Whinge' Brigade include those recounting the problems with previous cruises (e.g. cancelling 2 of 6 ports of call and making up the reasons via the 'Daily Cancellation' Broadcast)?

We're new to cruising and are still trying to find our ideal voyage; consequently, I know there are things that annoy me intensely that more seasoned cruisers seem to accept as the norm for a cruise.

I ask the question because, were we to bump into each other on a cruise, I would almost certainly be seeking your cruise tips and advice because personal experience seems a good antidote to the cruise line propaganda.

Cheers.

Marchie

I think there's a difference between asking for others experience versus someone who just wants to vent to anyone they see randomly. In the lifts. The bathrooms. The pools. Everywhere! Hard to escape them sometimes and all you want to do is enjoy.

I think there's a difference between asking for others experience versus someone who just wants to vent to anyone they see randomly. In the lifts. The bathrooms. The pools. Everywhere! Hard to escape them sometimes and all you want to do is enjoy.

Thanks, Pushka.

I talk too much, too often and for too long - especially during sea days! I don't want to slip unconsciously into 'whinge mode' when doing so, thereby causing other people to lose the will to live ...

Refrain from buying a watch (love citizen eco-drive); never playing bingo or trivia.

I tried that but bought the satellite one last cruise :( Mrs Womble played bingo and we really don't do very well at trivia........... Hope we can at least avoid a repeat of the first one on the next cruise :rolleyes:

I have tried to not have seconds of food. Really, there is so much food all day, just enjoy the serving. I do NOT need more!

But then, last cruise on Voyager, they had banana fritters at the buffet in the evening. They were delicious, the sauce and ice cream was just right. Someone said they have it every night, and I thought, na, they do a different dessert more often than not. So I had seconds. Fantastic! They NEVER had it again when we went. Not that we went to the buffet every night, but we did B2B for a total of 23 nights and very often I did not like the dessert they had as a special.

Moral of my tale, sometimes our best intentions must be over ridden by having a good time. :)

Edited by goodycruising

I have tried to not have seconds of food. Not that we went to the buffet every night, but we did B2B for a total of 23 nights and very often I did not like the dessert they had as a special.

Moral of my tale, sometimes our best intentions must be over ridden by having a good time. :)

I wouldn't mind best intentions being overridden if I was at least riding an exercise bike at the time ...:D