how to check pricing without calling?

I booked through a travel agent. I hate to keep bothering him every time i see a sale. we are a family of five so we always have to call in for the price. I have not found a website that will allow me to check price without calling. Do any of you know of a site? Trying to check prices on the family panoramic ocean view.

thanks

I uses the price checker built into Cruise Critic (http://www.cruisecritic.com/price-drop/) and also, occasionally, just try to do a fake booking on RCI's site to see if the prices have changed. It's really simple. Just don't commit to booking another room.

Then you can call your TA when you think there may be something to your benefit. We've saved $$$ on a lot of cruises over the years by just keeping a weather eye on it.

Tom

I booked through a travel agent. I hate to keep bothering him every time i see a sale. we are a family of five so we always have to call in for the price. I have not found a website that will allow me to check price without calling. Do any of you know of a site? Trying to check prices on the family panoramic ocean view.

thanks

There are no websites that you can check the price on. You can call Royal yourself and try to book the exact same cabin that you are already in and get a price

Edited by Ourusualbeach

thanks

The problem is that you are a group of FIVE and website bookings (RC's own or other sites where you can book) will only work for groups of four or less. You could look at and price two separate cabins online, like one for 3 people and one for 2 people. You won't be able to see or price any of the 'family' accommodations that require occupancy of 5 or more to book, though, except at rare times when they drop the minimum occupancy below 5. Generally that won't happen until after final payment, and only then when there are still vacancies in the family accommodations.

So just call your TA and ask for the info, and don't feel bad about it - it's his JOB to provide that kind of info for his customers.:) (And a really good TA would stay on top of sales and promotions and call YOU if he saw a price reduction or a better cabin for not much more.;))

Judy

frustrated! if you tell royal carribean you are booked through a travel agent they won't give you any information on pricing.

there are only two family panoramic ocean view staterooms on liberty of the seas. if you they are sold out then you can't get pricing for your sailing. So then how can you price shop it? You can't right? No sale will truly apply to the sailing right?

frustrated! if you tell royal carribean you are booked through a travel agent they won't give you any information on pricing.

there are only two family panoramic ocean view staterooms on liberty of the seas. if you they are sold out then you can't get pricing for your sailing. So then how can you price shop it? You can't right? No sale will truly apply to the sailing right?

Unless there is some new promo that applies you your sailing, you are correct, there won't be any price drops for stateroom categories that are sold out.

There are no websites that you can check the price on. You can call Royal yourself and try to book the exact same cabin that you are already in and get a price

Error! There are websites that you can check prices on. Try this one. nlgsolutions.com/cruises

If you can check the price online for booking 4 into the same cabin, do that today. Next, call RCL (or your TA, in this case) to get a quote for 5 in the same category cabin. Make a note that 4pax price online = 5 pax price when calling.

From this day forward, just keep checking the price online for 4 in that same cabin category. If the price for 4 remains constant, you may infer the price for 5 in the same cabin will remain constant. If the price for 4 decreases, then you know it is time to call RCL (or your TA, in this case) for a new quote.

Is that perfect, no. But, it will give you a basic guideline to follow. That is what I would do. It is a simple way to quickly check prices.

Also, when I see an interesting cruise, I will take a snapshot on my ipad of the "starting at" prices for different cabin types. It helps me compare prices later.

Edited by Kingofwylietx

If you can check the price online for booking 4 into the same cabin, do that today. Next, call RCL (or your TA, in this case) to get a quote for 5 in the same category cabin. Make a note that 4pax price online = 5 pax price when calling.

From this day forward, just keep checking the price online for 4 in that same cabin category. If the price for 4 remains constant, you may infer the price for 5 in the same cabin will remain constant. If the price for 4 decreases, then you know it is time to call RCL (or your TA, in this case) for a new quote.

Is that perfect, no. But, it will give you a basic guideline to follow. That is what I would do. It is a simple way to quickly check prices.

Also, when I see an interesting cruise, I will take a snapshot on my ipad of the "starting at" prices for different cabin types. It helps me compare prices later.

You cannot compare cabins that hold 4 and cabins that hold 5 nor can you see what the price is for a cabin that holds 5 by only requesting pricing by putting 4 in that cabin. You cannot see pricing for cabins that hold 5 or more regardless of how many people you set the occupancy at. You must call to get pricing except in the few cases where they remove the occupancy limits for that cabin.

You cannot compare cabins that hold 4 and cabins that hold 5 nor can you see what the price is for a cabin that holds 5 by only requesting pricing by putting 4 in that cabin. You cannot see pricing for cabins that hold 5 or more regardless of how many people you set the occupancy at. You must call to get pricing except in the few cases where they remove the occupancy limits for that cabin.

That is incorrect.

I just checked the price for the Owners Suite on Liberty OTS sailing from Galveston on oct 16, 2016. It sleeps 5, but you may only enter up to 4 via the website.

Next, on the same itinerary, but sailing Oct 2......you can select and price Grand Suite and Owners Suite. Both sleep 5, but you may only enter up to 4 via the website.

Finally, I checked the price of a Panoramic Ocean View, which sleeps 6, but you may only enter up to 4 via the website.

Those are all I checked, as I think that sufficiently supports my post. I don't know if the OP can do the same on their cruise. However, it can be done and any blanket statement to the contrary remains incorrect.

Edited by Kingofwylietx

That is incorrect.

I just checked the price for the Owners Suite on Liberty OTS sailing from Galveston on oct 16, 2016. It sleeps 5, but you may only enter up to 4 via the website.

Next, on the same itinerary, but sailing Oct 2......you can select and price Grand Suite and Owners Suite. Both sleep 5, but you may only enter up to 4 via the website.

Finally, I checked the price of a Panoramic Ocean View, which sleeps 6, but you may only enter up to 4 via the website.

Those are all I checked, as I think that sufficiently supports my post. I don't know if the OP can do the same on their cruise. However, it can be done and any blanket statement to the contrary remains incorrect.

If a stateroom has a minimum occupancy of 5 or more, then it cannot be priced on the website.

Sometimes Royal lowers the minimum occupancy on a stateroom to less than 5, and in that case, it can be priced on the website.

In your examples, even though the max occupancy is greater than 4, Royal has still set the min occupancy lower than 5, so they show up on the website.

Edited by clarea

You cannot compare cabins that hold 4 and cabins that hold 5 nor can you see what the price is for a cabin that holds 5 by only requesting pricing by putting 4 in that cabin. You cannot see pricing for cabins that hold 5 or more.....

If a stateroom has a minimum occupancy of 5 or more, then it cannot be priced on the website..

Agreed.

However, I was responding to a blanket statement that was false. My original post began "If you can check the price online..."

So, for this question, you can't say always, and you can't say never. You can say "IF." I didn't make a blanket statement that you can always do it, I chose "IF."

It is even possible that Ourusualbeach meant to type:

Typically, you cannot compare cabins....

You cannot normally compare cabins....

I don't know. I was just trying to be helpful to the OP.

Edited by Kingofwylietx

Agreed.

However, I was responding to a blanket statement that was false. My original post began "If you can check the price online..."

So, for this question, you can't say always, and you can't say never. You can say "IF." I didn't make a blanket statement that you can always do it, I chose "IF."

I don't see how getting a price for 4 people helps OP? Doesn't she need the price for 5 people in order to compare to her current price?

I don't see how getting a price for 4 people helps OP? Doesn't she need the price for 5 people in order to compare to her current price?

Yes, she will still need to call someone to get an actual quote for 5 people. I was just offering a way to maybe see if pricing on her room category changed. If the pricing on the room category went downwards, then it would be a signal that she should call to get an updated quote. She was trying to find a way to not call as often, so I offered that this might be a way to minimize the calls.

Yes, she will still need to call someone to get an actual quote for 5 people. I was just offering a way to maybe see if pricing on her room category changed. If the pricing on the room category went downwards, then it would be a signal that she should call to get an updated quote. She was trying to find a way to not call as often, so I offered that this might be a way to minimize the calls.

I could be wrong as I've never booked for 5+ people, but my understanding is that the 3rd, 4th, 5th, etc. passenger are all the same price. So if you know the price breakdown for 3 or 4 people then you can easily determine the price for 5 (or more) based on that by adding an extra fare, per-person port fees/taxes, and gratuities.

But, I think there are some stateroom categories that can't always be seen online (minimum occupancy requirements and such). So you may not be able to price those out for 4 passengers and extrapolate to 5+.

Edited by moopetguy

I booked 2 Royal Family suites and they did it just as you said. Pax 1&2 were at a much higher rate, then pax 3-5 were all at a lower rate (3-5 were all the same lower price). I don't know if that is how they always do it as I really don't have a lot of experience booking RCL.

I do know that I had to call them to book the cabins. For some reason they make you call for various cabins/suites. I don't understand the purpose of not allowing passengers to book all cabins online.

There are exceptions, as you probably read in this thread.

Agreed.

Usually when people are asking about staterooms that hold 5 or more they are referring to family staterooms and not the owners suite. The family staterooms are not available to be seen regardless of the number of people that you enter except in a few instances where they reduce the occupancy.

thanks

As was mentioned by others there's no direct way online - you should only call if some other categories are discounted with the new promo, which you can look up though you'd have to have the price before promo (at fish site)