Upgraded! Should I lock it?

Dreamer333

I just got upgraded from a BF to a B2 balcony cabin on the Caribe deck aboard the Emerald. Needless to say, I'm very excited!

Should I now lock this with a "no upgrade" now?? Or is a mini suite with a smaller balcony better?

Decisions decisions.

It sounds like a great upgrade. I would check out the cabin number immediately while the offer is still good. What cabin number did they offer? There have been people reporting that some cabins weren't satisfactory.

As said, look at the location. It may not be where you want. That said, check for available cabins in the same upgraded category. Your TA can switch you to a different location if available.

I was once "upgraded" from an aft Aloha deck balcony to a mid-ship Dolphin deck mini-suite. Hated being mid-ship and hated having an uncovered balcony which made it unusable for me.

I just got upgraded from a BF to a B2 balcony cabin on the Caribe deck aboard the Emerald. Needless to say, I'm very excited!

Should I now lock this with a "no upgrade" now?? Or is a mini suite with a smaller balcony better?

Decisions decisions.

A mini balcony is pretty comparable by a couple of feet.

What about marking it META upgrade only?

Decisions decisions.

The odds of your receiving yet another upgrade to a mini-suite are minimal at best. Possibly an upsell, but don't count on it. It's a great upgrade! Do check your cabin assignment. But you should be ok. Enjoy your big balcony!

I don't think there are any bad Caribe deck B2 locations, so that would be the least of my worries.

Depending on your itinerary, you may not want a mini-suite as most all of them, with the exception of a few on the Emerald deck, are completely uncovered.

Enjoy your upgrade.

Decisions decisions.

Personally I would lock it. The half covered Caribe balconies are great.

Pam in CA makes a good point - your TA can now move your cabin to any other available B2 cabin with no charge if you don't care for the particular cabin assigned (e.g. right by elevator lobby, etc.)

The plot thickens...

I received an Upgrade Offer from Princess, offering to upgrade me to a minisuite for $79pp.

But I think I'm going to follow everyone's advice on this thread and keep my big balcony on the Caribe deck.... location, location, location. Plus we don't need the extra cabin space since its just 2 of us.

The only thing that was intriguing to me was the mention of the bathtub in the minisuite. I LOVED the bathtub in the full suite, but I'm assuming that the mini suite tub is not that big?? Can anyone clarify?

Thanks for your advice, everyone!

The plot thickens...

I received an Upgrade Offer from Princess, offering to upgrade me to a minisuite for $79pp.

But I think I'm going to follow everyone's advice on this thread and keep my big balcony on the Caribe deck.... location, location, location. Plus we don't need the extra cabin space since its just 2 of us.

The only thing that was intriguing to me was the mention of the bathtub in the minisuite. I LOVED the bathtub in the full suite, but I'm assuming that the mini suite tub is not that big?? Can anyone clarify?

Thanks for your advice, everyone!

The bathtub in a mini suite is a normal size bathtub.

The ones we've had in suites have jacuzzi jets - mini suite tubs don't have them.

I personally like the larger half-covered Caribe balconies better than the slightly smaller uncovered balconies you get with a mini - but then I don't care much about the tub minus the jets.

I would take Pam's advice and check out other Caribe locations available but only you can know what is important to you.

I should mention they offered my a minisuite on the Dolphin Deck, mid forward. The location sounds good, but can anyone give me their opinion regarding the balconies on the Dolphin Deck (Emerald Princess)?

Thank you!

We were given a minisuite for a 12 day Med cruise as part of an offer. The real plus was the sofa inside the cabin which gave us some comfortable space if we wanted to relax and read, or take a nap. The minus to this cabin was that most afternoons we could not use the fully exposed balcony at all - it was just too hot, and we are also somewhat fair skinned.

The sofa beats the chair in the Caribe cabin, but the half covered balcony beats the sun baked Dolphin balcony.

Good luck choosing what is best for you.

Out of curiosity, why would you upgrade, Thrak? Do you prefer more cabin space vs more balcony space?

I love the Caribe deck balcony cabins. I obviously misread the initial post. D'Oh! Probably shouldn't be posting at work. 😃 I turned down a mini for very little money in order to keep my aft-facing Caribe balcony.

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk

Edited by Thrak

I should mention they offered my a minisuite on the Dolphin Deck, mid forward. The location sounds good, but can anyone give me their opinion regarding the balconies on the Dolphin Deck (Emerald Princess)?

Thank you!

Keep that Caribe deck balcony! They are the best :)

Reader

Ok we are cruising on Grand Princess in Feb. we are 'gold' so I'm sure no upgrades, but we are cabin 223 on Caribe. Will we have any shade and can above decks look down on us?

Caribe deck balconies are 9x9.

Half of that (approx. 4 1/2 feet) is covered and so shaded from sun AND rain.

The other half is open to sun, rain and people looking down from above.

It's very easy to sit back under the covered part and just leave your feet "exposed".

The Dolphin deck mini-suite balconies are 7x9 and totally open.

Caribe balconies are half covered, have uncovered, offering privacy and sun. I personally wouldn't want a fully uncovered Dolphin balcony where the whole world can look down at me. If, however, the bathtub is a huge draw, then go for it; $79 is a good price.

Some people like the uncovered balcony.

We have had one a few times. Didn't bother us.

Thank you!

We were in D220 for 10 days in Jan & became very sick after they cleaned all the dust from the a/c due to the air not working well, but location was a short distance from elevator.