VanCouver hotels and Port transportation

PromoLaine

Arriving in Vancouver on Saturday around 8pm - best recommendation for reasonably priced hotel and transportation to Infinity? Thanks!

I was going to say The Four Seasons but that might not be priced right or you, not sure. The location is fantastic (really walking distance to the ship) and the pool area is just incredible, of course the service is a good as it gets also. Check it out on trip adviser and see what you think.

We got an excellent price at the Pan Pacific last year ... and it is right inside there at the port. The bell hops even come to your room and get your luggage and deliver it to the ship in the morning....no charge but we tipped him well.

There are some good deals out there so my advice is to look into this option first. You might find a great deal and absolutely zero hassle.

We were even lucky enough to be upgraded to a harbor view room so saw one of our cruiseships sail out one afternoon and the next morning, saw our next ship sail in. It was an awesome experience.

The Pan Pacific is worth every penny for convenience and a spectacular harbor view. Just practically out the doir and you are onboard. One of the nicest rooms ever and I am about as picky about hotels as anyone can be.

It is more expensive but what a great addition to your vacation.:D

Blue Horizon on Robeson St was excellent, and a short cab ride to the port (we walked in 15 minutes, but with a lot of luggage you'd probably want a cab.) Loads of restaurants, 2-3 blocks from the waterfront, excellent service. Mid-range price-wise.

OP - since everyone has a different definition of 'reasonable' you will get far more useful advice if you put a price range on your desired hotel room. Even with our falling dollar, most of the hotels mentioned above are certainly not what I'd call 'reasonable' in cost (though of course being right on top of the pier, nice views etc. does justify spending more only you know how much it's worth to you!)

In general terms, the cheapest hotels are near the airport - but they're inconvenient for precruise sightseeing as you have an hour or more each day wasted traveling. If all you want is somewhere to crash after your flight and your cruise is the next morning, rather than having a day or two extra to spend locally, they might be ideal though - you can get a shuttle for $15pp to the pier in the morning (ideal for solos or even couples, but if you are travelling with three or more people then a cab will be cheaper).

We also have stayed at the Pan Pacific, and I just love that hotel. Convenient location, great views, and the luxury of having a bellman pick up your luggage from your hotel room for delivery to the porters is wonderful.

But if the Pan Pacific prices are too high for your comfort level, also consider the Sutton Place. Not on the waterfront, but also a lovely hotel.

We stayed at Pan Pacific Hotel at Canada Place. Ideal location.

https://www.panpacific.com/en/hotels-resorts/canada/vancouver.html

The Sails that you see in the picture are the restaurant at the back of the hotel.

Bellman got our luggage and all we had to do was walk down from The Sails to the ship.

Edited by SPacificbound

The Pan Pacific is worth every penny for convenience and a spectacular harbor view. Just practically out the doir and you are onboard. One of the nicest rooms ever and I am about as picky about hotels as anyone can be.

It is more expensive but what a great addition to your vacation.:D

We stayed at Pan Pacific and actually used airline miles to pay for it. If you have airline miles check and see as one may consider the rates a little high but you can't beat location.