Elevator noise? Eclipse cat 2A "hump" cabins

PaperSniper4

Considering a 2A veranda cabin on the Eclipse. Seems like the view on these on the "hump" or widest part of the deck (7) would be good, BUT if appears these cabins (i.e., 7221-7239 and 7266-7284) are right next to the elevators. Or are they? I cannot find a really good deck diagram, or photos, but it appears there might be a bulkhead/wall between the elevators and the cabins.

Can anyone help me with that? If there is a lot of elevator noise, I'll just book the next category down (2B) and find a cabin farther from the elevators.

Thanks!

There is a wall between the elevator banks and cabins. Additionally as the other poster noted there is also a sliding glass door. We have stayed in the hump cabins on deck 11 and 12 and never had any issues with noise from the elevators or atrium.

We have stayed in those cabins multiple times and I can guarantee no elevator noise at all. The wall and glass sliding door between the cabin corridor and the elevator gives complete silence and utter peace - enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I stayed in one of the rooms as you get off the Elevators, Deck 9. the first room that is off the Hump.

Quiet it was.

1. balcony people are noisy.

2. people above beside around are noisy or not

3 doors slamming because balcony door is open.

4. people above jump, beside bang,

these things do and do not happen all the time they may happen on one cruise, but not another...

The noise you may hear when you open the front door will be at night when the ship is having music on Deck 3 LOUD but once your door closes, it's nice and quiet.

For the Elevator the Ding never heard it. but if you are bothered by being to close to an Exit, that would be your only problem.

The steward leaves their carts in the corner. and people do come and go, loved the room being so close no long walks....

We have stayed near the elevators in one of the hump cabins. We heard no noise from the elevators or people congregating there. There is a storage room in that area by the rooms and we could hear the stateroom attendants at times as they were getting items from there in the morning.

We have stayed in hump cabins several times and never had an issue due to the proximity to the elevators. A couple of times the very, very loud music in the atrium (I hate, hate, hate how they do that - can you tell:) ) could be faintly heard in our room but was over by midnight or usually earlier.

We have stayed in hump cabins several times and never had an issue due to the proximity to the elevators. A couple of times the very, very loud music in the atrium (I hate, hate, hate how they do that - can you tell:) ) could be faintly heard in our room but was over by midnight or usually earlier.

Yes, we stayed in an Aqua cabin - one of the angled ones off the hump. No elevator noise at all. We did hear atrium music noise. So if you are one to hit the hay early, then this may bother you.

Yes, we stayed in an Aqua cabin - one of the angled ones off the hump. No elevator noise at all. We did hear atrium music noise. So if you are one to hit the hay early, then this may bother you.

Thanks to all who replied....you answered my question about the elevator and those who ride them. I don't see a problem with that for us at all. Yes, other cruisers can be rude on their cabins, and that noise will drift into ours, but that's always luck of the draw.

BUT.....I have heard several negatives about the loud music from the atrium; now that is an issue I had not considered until now! We follow Mr Franklin's advice as to when to go to bed and get up ;), so that noise could be an issue. Any suggestions where to book to avoid the loud music from the Atrium? We have been considering deck 7, one of the category 2A veranda cabins as I outlined in the first post in this thread.

Doug

Thanks to all who replied....you answered my question about the elevator and those who ride them. I don't see a problem with that for us at all. Yes, other cruisers can be rude on their cabins, and that noise will drift into ours, but that's always luck of the draw.

BUT.....I have heard several negatives about the loud music from the atrium; now that is an issue I had not considered until now! We follow Mr Franklin's advice as to when to go to bed and get up ;), so that noise could be an issue. Any suggestions where to book to avoid the loud music from the Atrium? We have been considering deck 7, one of the category 2A veranda cabins as I outlined in the first post in this thread.

Doug

We did an experiment one time. As we were going to bed for the evening there was loud music in the atrium and we could hear it clearly as we stood outside our door. But once we went in the room and closed the door, we did not hear a thing. I really don't see it as an issue. And certainly if you go into your room and put on the TV you won't hear a thing from the atrium

We did an experiment one time. As we were going to bed for the evening there was loud music in the atrium and we could hear it clearly as we stood outside our door. But once we went in the room and closed the door, we did not hear a thing. I really don't see it as an issue. And certainly if you go into your room and put on the TV you won't hear a thing from the atrium

This is exactly what we did and found. I at first thought too, "oh no". But really when in your room, the music is very muffled. And it doesn't go on that late.

This is exactly what we did and found. I at first thought too, "oh no". But really when in your room, the music is very muffled. And it doesn't go on that late.

Depends on your definition of "late"!;) Mine is 2200/10PM, maybe a bit earlier than many cruisers! I might take my "white noise generator" on the cruise. It's useful for drowning out music and load talking. I am one of those folks who are easily distracted by noises when I go to bed......luckily I am also a bit deaf! :cool:

I didn't find the music so loud as to prevent me from booking those cabins again - they are awesome otherwise. But if you are close to the elevators and have normal hearing, most of the time you will be able to at least hear the music faintly. The lower the floor you are on, the louder the music is likely to be. The closer to the elevators - same. For the record, we are early to bed folks most nights as well and unless you are very sensitive to noise when sleeping it should not be a problem.

I didn't find the music so loud as to prevent me from booking those cabins again - they are awesome otherwise. But if you are close to the elevators and have normal hearing, most of the time you will be able to at least hear the music faintly. The lower the floor you are on, the louder the music is likely to be. The closer to the elevators - same. For the record, we are early to bed folks most nights as well and unless you are very sensitive to noise when sleeping it should not be a problem.

Thanks. I'll start looking at the cabins available to us. I am getting a category 2A, and I think most of those are on deck 7; have to check and get back with my TA ASAP.