Prices are falling on some sailings

ISABELLA

Big residency and seniors fares showing for early April on Equinox. Maybe that's our Canadian dollar discount. We're booked for November - no deals showing yet.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We're booked in November also...do you think they will discount some of the cruises? Looking forward to a break on our $; hopefully things will rebound toward the end of the year.

Well you know that down-under the water swirls the drain the opposite direction than in North America. Maybe it pertains to other things as well.:D

That was my BIG chuckle for today...I knew you'd come up with something so I fed you a line?

Carole

[/font

With the Zika virus scare for pregnant women, I'm sure there have been cancellations for the affected areas. I'd be afraid too if I were pregnant or could get pregnant. I feel for those women.

It is not just for young women, as a virus it can make you sick, fever, aching, pink eye, etc. I would think twice before booking and if I did book I would load up on Deet repellant:eek:

Attempted to upgrade from C2 to S2 on that Eclipse 4/3 sailing. Price difference was only $179pp. Problem is X said that I'd have to give up all 3 of my 123 Go perqs and since the SS price is a resident deal it's not combinable with BBB. No perqs :( Said thanks, but no thanks.

By the way Fain told analysts this morning that there will be absolutely no discounting inside 30 days on all Royal brands. Looks like they're doing it at the 60 day mark instead.

Our next cruise, Millennium, Singapore to Sydney has been discounted so much (after final pmt) it will soon be underwater! AQ is now just a little over half what we paid and we got a good deal when we booked (group fare on big on-line TA).

:( Said thanks, but no thanks.

That is what X is counting on...I think my next X cruise I will book after final payment - deals are too good to pass. Too bad I am sailing in April with another line and 5 other people who wouldn't change...

Edited by ISABELLA

Oceangoer1:

I see by your signature that you will be cruising on the Equinox on 3/4/16. My husband and I will be on the same cruise. We can't wait! We have a roll call if you are interested in chatting with people who you will be cruising with. We have a diverse and fun group.

John and Debbie

Hi...we have connected on the roll call site...you mentioned you were staying at the Hilton Beach and I think recommending the Seasons 52?

We're booked in November also...do you think they will discount some of the cruises? Looking forward to a break on our $; hopefully things will rebound toward the end of the year.

I hope so. We did this cruise in 2015 in a Concierge room with the 123 promotion. This year the exact same room is more than $1500 more, with only one perk. We have booked a veranda and will watch prices. Veranda is $300 more than we paid for concierge last year. Crazy pricing.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I like the way Oceania puts it, "sales are soft for the Med. this year"...yeah, "soft". :D

An incredible amount of advertising by RC and celebrity for their 241 and free drinks offer in the med this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you re fare or upgrade?

I just ran this cruise through celebritycruises.com and it appears you can buy it without BBB. $1189 for a balcony but when you hit continue it shows $1999 and tells you to pick two perks. It also asks you if you want to go back to the original offer and it takes you back $1189. I took it all way to entering payment info and the price held. Unless the website is messed up, you're paying $810 p.p. for the two perks, not quite free. This is an AZ resident rate.

I just ran this cruise through celebritycruises.com and it appears you can buy it without BBB. $1189 for a balcony but when you hit continue it shows $1999 and tells you to pick two perks. It also asks you if you want to go back to the original offer and it takes you back $1189. I took it all way to entering payment info and the price held. Unless the website is messed up, you're paying $810 p.p. for the two perks, not quite free. This is an AZ resident rate.

Sounds bizarre, perhaps a phone call to the Captains club host or similar may help clarify whether it is correct.

Big box ta website is also showing these prices with or without bbb on med sailings same price differential

Sounds bizarre, perhaps a phone call to the Captains club host or similar may help clarify whether it is correct.

Oh it's correct. Celebrity has adopted the P.T. Barnum philosophy, “There's a sucker born every minute.”

They give with one hand (perks) and take with the other (the full cost of the perks).

Edited by ChucktownSteve

Well, I am fed up with all this jiggery pokery with the fares.

I am sailing soon and will be on the phone to see if I can get the current price. Ha ha. The trouble is, I am in France so who do I contact? USA? UK? The bureau here is a cupboard I think.

The way forward for us is after final payment.

Eclipse 14 day sailing 60 days out on 4/3/16 still has 100 unsold cabins (was over 200 last Friday). Booked my C2 two years ago with all the 123 perqs for $5000 (2 people). Last fall was over $6000, now down to $3500 w/residency discount. Ouch! At least there should be more room by the pool.

Where do you see how many cabins are empty? I thought it only showed like twenty at a time to pick from. Thanks,