What kinds of cabins do you normally book?

Siora7777

On board, I am a happy resident of "balcony land". I never tire of looking at the water, sunning and reading. I book based on price and location. If I can get a good deal on a JS, I will go for it. My next cruise on the Indy will be in one of the great deck seven corner afts. After a recently mentally challenging time, I am looking forward to ocean air and views of the wake. I love that it will be so big that I can be out there rain or shine.

My one caveat - never under the pool!!!

Not a whole lot of experience here but we have done oceanview-balcony-oceanview. Next 3 cruises are all oceanview. We tend to spend a lot of time in the cabin (although all our cruises so far have been without the kids, lol), and I feel like I need the natural light. The balcony was very nice but as some people mentioned, i would rather cruise more than have the nicer/bigger cabin.

Next 3 cruises are with the kids so no balcony for sure.

We always book insides or balconies, depending on the ship and price. If ship offers a lot to do and not too many kids/crowds then it is insides. Also we book insides for port-intensive itineraries where we don't spend much time onboard and rather spend more $$$ on excursions.

Ocean view cabins do not make much sense for us unless they are priced like insides.

If we had young kids who needed early sleep time, we would probably book balcony to have quality "ocean"-time in cabin.

Edited by Tatka

We did an ocean view on Vision last March and hated it. I need the balcony. We've had a JS twice but most times they're too expensive. Our last cruise in September we were in a balcony under the Solarium and were woken up every morning at 4:00 when the staff starting moving furniture and carts around getting ready for the day. On our upcoming b2b (a total of 29 days) on Radiance, we're in an aft balcony but moved down a deck so we wouldn't be underneath the Windjammer and wouldn't be woken up at 4:00 every morning - we learned our lesson the hard way!

I sailed first cruise in an inside cabin. Never again. Felt like I was in a tuna fish can that two people could not stand and walk around. We were all the way forward and when the anchor dropped sounded like the ship was breaking in two!

Since then I booked balcony and Junior suites. We really enjoy having s balcony. We are sailing in GS coming up. We go back down to balcony for next years cruise.

We've progressed over the 16 years of cruising with our first couple of cruises being an inside stateroom, then ocean view, then balcony (never went back inside after our first balcony), then junior suites and now grand suites. That being said, if prices continue to sky rocket the way they have been we may have to become part of the staff to continue cruising let alone stay in a suite.

One thing I would say is starting in the cheapest staterooms available (Deck 2 all the way in the front) really gave us an appreciation for the larger staterooms in better locations.

My first ten cruises I took were with my parents so thats a bit different but they consisted of 6 interiors, 2 ocean views and 2 balconies. Now that I'm paying for them 2 interior, 3 balcony and our upcoming is a PR. I've always wanted the try the room and i think 4 days is just perfect for it. For us t depends on the length of the cruise and is it a quick getaway or a long planned out process. Quick cruises we usually do interiors or an ocean view. Week long or longer balconies, haven't gotten to the suite level yet, maybe in the next few years!

We always do interior. I might consider a balcony or a suite for something like our 10th anniversary, but we don't spend a lot of time in the room to begin with, and love how dark it is when it's time to sleep. Saving money is also an excellent benefit

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I'm with you there. Always inside. And I LOVE B2B, so being in an inside makes that affordable for me.

Happy sails.:)

Kathy

First two cruises years ago was ov and inside. Third cruise they upgraded us from ov to balcony. Once we had a balcony, never went back. No suites for us. Regular balcony is fine. Money no object, of course we'd have a suite. Until then, blessed to have a balcony! Many don't even experience a cruise in their life time. I'm going on my 13th. [emoji572]️[emoji173]️

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Like many, we started cruising with kids. Quad insides to two insides to ocean view then we were upgraded to a balcony. We did balconies for many years. Lately it's been junior suites and grand suites with one crown loft. We prefer full suites but it has to be a good value. Not cheap, otherwise we'd never have booked the CLS. It was a good price compared to other itineraries. My wife spends way more time on the balcony than most so anything less is not an option. We've yet to experience the suites on other lines we've sailed.

Edited by Big_G

I obviously don't know what I'm missing, but i'm going to be on my third cruise in an inside cabin. My husband and I don't spend any waking time in the room, so a balcony or a suite or something would be wasted on us. I also like that it's pitch black and quiet for sleeping. I think someday when we hit that phase of life of the career cruiser, I could see maybe wanting to spend quiet time on a private balcony, but that's not for us at this time. Plus, saving half the amount of money now ensures we WILL have money for cruises in our retirement years. But, yes, I'll check back in, in 25 years and I'll bet I'll be saying I can't believe I was missing out! ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Bound4Bermuda

50+ cruises and the vast majority have been OV's. We started out with insides and we now book balconies when we are in the Caribbean, but on port intensive itineraries or cold weather cruises, we still like OV's.

For years we only cruised in inside cabins due to cost. Several years ago I caught a great price drop and booked a balcony and got hooked. I didn't think I could go back to an inside. However, for our most recent cruise we returned to an inside because the balcony was twice the price. I was fine in the inside and glad we hadn't booked the balcony. We sailed from Bayonne to Bermuda in October and it was cool and extremely windy so probably would not have been able to use the balcony at all. I love a balconiy but the price and weather have to be right.

We also tried a promenade cabin once. The noise and light didn't bother me but the layout did. I found it very confining and would not book one again, unless there was nothing else available, which was why we booked it in the first place.

Edited by rncruiser

We have done many insides, 1 JS, 1 promenade and our last 7 cruises had balconies. In a couple weeks we have an inside for 7 days. I must say I am excited for our trip, but having buyers' remorse over the cabin choice.

Seems like a long time without my balcony. BUT, we are paying for 14 people to cruise in 2017. It was the inside or nothin in 2016. Of course, on those terms, an inside will be amazing!!

On RCCL our first couple of cruises were in balcony cabins on the Rhapsody. Then we bumped up to a Jr. Suite on the Voyager and the following year a GS on the Voyager. Once you go suite you never go back. Since then we have booked only a GS or RFS on RCCL. On Princess our last 3 cruises have been in aft facing suites.

We started out with a OV room then to a balcony, upgraded to a JS due to price decrease & on longer cruises a Grand Suite ( if the price is right). Now I'm spoiled and book either JS or Grand. I do like the larger bathroom and double points.

Donna

We have done many insides, 1 JS, 1 promenade and our last 7 cruises had balconies. In a couple weeks we have an inside for 7 days. I must say I am excited for our trip, but having buyers' remorse over the cabin choice.

Seems like a long time without my balcony. BUT, we are paying for 14 people to cruise in 2017. It was the inside or nothin in 2016. Of course, on those terms, an inside will be amazing!!

Sounds like you shouldn't be paying for 14 people ;) . Just kidding, I feel your pain.

We paid for 6 others on our last cruise and stuck with our GS. Not exactly the cheapest vacation, but we finally got family members (parents and sibling) who wouldn't have cruised otherwise to go and we had an amazing time. We weren't willing to adjust our stateroom category because of it. Though, it would've made things sooooo much more affordable. Now that I think of it. I like your idea better. :)

Edited by lv2bcruzin