Live...mostly...from Anthem

KarinaGW

By no means am I complaining at all. Royal is a great company and regardless of whatever happens I know that we are in great hands. Never once have I been worried. My family is calm. I am on here with a nurse and firefighter and they were helping the elderly walk and get where they need to do. Things like this do happen.

That's a good attitude:) Glad your family is able to help the elderly!

Right now there are longer (a minute or two) periods of (relative) calm, but then there ship will take a couple very DEEP rocks to each side before you'll feel the ship shudder as the captain adjusts the angle again.

It is crazy how fast the winds change direction. Definitely calming, though still scary with all the rapid changes in wind, and I know the captain and team must be solely focused on reacting quickly.

After this, I think they need to take a pitstop at the nearest port to do a full check over the entire ship. There is no way there isn't any damage. Probably mostly cosmetic, but I would feel best if they took the time to check everything out, even if it means missing ports. It's still probably a few hours before it's safe to start moving though.

Yeah I think you are right the need to access the damage. Looks like it will be a long night as I cannot see anyone sleeping after this.

Everyone stay safe and I can't believe nobody is seasick

People must be. I NEVER get seasick and during the worst parts of this I've been extremely nauseated. Sitting on the floor with the metal waste bin nearby just in case. I'm on deck 11, so I imagine it must be worse for those on higher floors.

I'm sure there are...probably not inclined to read and type into a tiny screen. But, having been through other storms, i give major credit to both Captain & ship designers.

We've heard from a few people. I wouldn't make that claim yet.

I hope nobody is injured!! Sounds like seasick is the least of it.

I'm a little nervous getting on the ship on Saturday by myself-- I like to travel solo, but I can't imagine I'd be handling this too well on my own!

Edited by denatravels

Do you have any shots of the sea during this storm?

I can't recall if Anthem has an forward facing bow webcam.

I have a couple from very early on this morning but they in no way do this justice. Once we got sent to the cabins, the rain was coming down heavily enough that you could barely see through the sliders.

And, sadly, that is the most informative of the ship's webcams.

Do you have any shots of the sea during this storm?

I can't recall if Anthem has an forward facing bow webcam.

I'm not sure if this attachment worked, but the problem with taking photos is you couldn't really see anything. While it was light outside, if you really squinted through the balcony door you could see the movement of the waves which were extremely high.

IMG_20160207_152406.jpg.513dbe5560b40d7e67beb8db258bfbc2.jpg

We are on the Anthem right now, left NY yesterday, we sailed in a storm that intensified very quickly, Captain tried to turn ship but waited too long. We have been stuck in 125+ mph winds 30+ foot waves for 4 hours. Captain said they are in communication with the coast guard, struggling to point ship into wind but can't move forward. All passengers told to stay in cabins water entered ship on upper decks, large white structure broke off top of ship landed in pool. At the height of storm waves breaking above the top of life boats and ship listing almost 45 degrees, with wind looked like a total white out. Conditions are improving but damage all over ship, crew look concerned and sounded very concerned on intracom. Some passengers sitting in muster stations.

We are on the Anthem right now, left NY yesterday, we sailed in a storm that intensified very quickly, Captain tried to turn ship but waited too long. We have been stuck in 125+ mph winds 30+ foot waves for 4 hours. Captain said they are in communication with the coast guard, struggling to point ship into wind but can't move forward. All passengers told to stay in cabins water entered ship on upper decks, large white structure broke off top of ship landed in pool. At the height of storm waves breaking above the top of life boats and ship listing almost 45 degrees, with wind looked like a total white out. Conditions are improving but damage all over ship, crew look concerned and sounded very concerned on intracom. Some passengers sitting in muster stations.

Oh my goodness. Stay safe

Looks like it will be a long night as I cannot see anyone sleeping after this.

See, now that's where you'd be wrong. Boat motion always rocks me to sleep...even like this especially now that it *is* calming somewhat and I'm not in danger of being completely unceremoniously thrown out of bed. And, the Super Bowl's been a real snooze too.

See, now that's where you'd be wrong. Boat motion always rocks me to sleep...even like this especially now that it *is* calming somewhat and I'm not in danger of being completely unceremoniously thrown out of bed. And, the Super Bowl's been a real snooze too.

KarinaGW

This is one time I am happy to be wrong:D

Edited by Reader0108598

I am betting the ship itself will not be damaged - just maybe dishes and stuff. I would think they could resupply at the next port of call.

Thanks Lisa, we are on the ship now, a large white structure broke off the top of the ship and landed in the pool (I believe it was on of the radar balls). I spoke to some crew member who said crew was only responding to critical emergencies currently, 2 passengers had heart attacks (that was about 2 hours ago). Thanks for your support of RC.

The Lord be with you.

I hope those on board are riding it out as smoothly as possible.

The posted pictures are something else. I am I the only one curious to see a periscope view? It would really give us the true feeling of the storm.