Live...mostly...from Anthem

KarinaGW

Sea's are better. Not calm by any means. Not extreme like they were. I still can't walk without getting sick. The stewards are going door to door and handing out bananna's, water and candy packages. But the announcements come every hour and are usually very vague. I'm a bit dissapointed, but it is what it is.

Hang in there rymilburn, you made it through the worst, it can only get better from here. I know you are disappointed, but you are safe, and that is what really matters. :)

Edited by Reader0108598

Sea's are better. Not calm by any means. Not extreme like they were. I still can't walk without getting sick. The stewards are going door to door and handing out bananna's, water and candy packages. But the announcements come every hour and are usually very vague. I'm a bit dissapointed, but it is what it is.

Lots of crew members lining stairs handing cases of water and food from crew member to crew member forming supply chain up stairs to be distributed to cabins. As I'm on the ship I'll lighten up the situation, I think the supply chain is going to the suites and Costal Kitchen first.

I am trying to avoid negative thoughts on the captain or royal's judgment here since all i can think about right now is getting through this.

But that said... Please everyone bookmark this thread so that next time you see someone complain about missing a port or being behind schedule due to weather, you can point to what happens when you actually do go through a "hurricane strength" storm. Then ask them, "would you rather go through 10 hours of helpless horror and real, true risks? Or would you rather miss the port?"

Very well said. Praying for you and all the passengers, crew and captain

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am trying to avoid negative thoughts on the captain or royal's judgment here since all i can think about right now is getting through this.

But that said... Please everyone bookmark this thread so that next time you see someone complain about missing a port or being behind schedule due to weather, you can point to what happens when you actually do go through a "hurricane strength" storm. Then ask them, "would you rather go through 10 hours of helpless horror and real, true risks? Or would you rather miss the port?"

Fantastic post!!!:D

It's just so frustrating that this could have been avoided or at least minimized. Very poor judgement and one that could have been very costly. For a while there it was terrifying

Sad thing is it could have been avoided, Captain came on the intercom during breakfast before storm intensified and gave a 15 minute announcement about the coming weather, I've cruised on RC since 1987 and never heard a Captain give such a lengthy and detailed announcement about weather before it hit. Perhaps we should have turned the ship then instead of waiting until the winds were so strong (150 mph+) that the ship couldn't move forward against the winds.

You Monday morning Quarterback's should stick to second guessing the Panther's playcalling.

You have no idea what information the ship had on this system.

Believe it or not- some storms are unavoidable. Also, sometimes conditions change. Sometimes it is for the better, and sometimes they deteriorate. If they were given information about the storm and it predicted 50 knot winds and they intensified, that is not the fault of the Captain.

Sure- you may be D+members or whatever but you're not a master mariner with YEARS at sea nor do you have the same information they had.

Before you call for the Captain to walk the plank perhaps you should know all the facts.

Wow. Reading posts, checking out your pix and twitter links, etc.

I guess Anthem will have to sail to Port Canaveral for medical help? Don't know about ship-repairs??? If unsafe to continue trip, to sail home to NJ, y'all could end up with flights.

This is one for the history books.

Looking at radar maps, you went through a hurricane at sea. I feel so sorry for this incident, but glad all souls are safe.

Try to remain positive and know we are all praying for the safety of all. If there's ginger ale in the frig, that might help settle tummies

We are on the Anthem right now, left NY yesterday, we sailed in a storm that intensified very quickly, Captain tried to turn ship but waited too long. We have been stuck in 125+ mph winds 30+ foot waves for 4 hours. Captain said they are in communication with the coast guard, struggling to point ship into wind but can't move forward. All passengers told to stay in cabins water entered ship on upper decks, large white structure broke off top of ship landed in pool. At the height of storm waves breaking above the top of life boats and ship listing almost 45 degrees, with wind looked like a total white out. Conditions are improving but damage all over ship, crew look concerned and sounded very concerned on intracom. Some passengers sitting in muster stations.

Prayers for all of you.

Sad thing is it could have been avoided, Captain came on the intercom during breakfast before storm intensified and gave a 15 minute announcement about the coming weather, I've cruised on RC since 1987 and never heard a Captain give such a lengthy and detailed announcement about weather before it hit. Perhaps we should have turned the ship then instead of waiting until the winds were so strong (150 mph+) that the ship couldn't move forward against the winds.

Totally. keeps says safety or everyone on board is highest priority. Well if that the case let's stay away from all Storms. I did a very similar iteniery a few year back and the ship skipped Florida as first port and and did it last.

You Monday morning Quarterback's should stick to second guessing the Panther's playcalling.

Believe it or not- some storms are unavoidable. Also, sometimes conditions change. Sometimes it is for the better, and sometimes they deteriorate. If they were given information about the storm and it predicted 50 knot winds and they intensified, that is not the fault of the Captain.

Sure- you may be D+members or whatever but you're not a master mariner with YEARS at sea nor do you have the same information they had.

Before you call for the Captain to walk the plank perhaps you should know all the facts.

Exactly. Storms can happen with little to no warning. Look at RCI's track record as well-how often do they skip ports due to adverse weather? Do you REALLY expect them to go through a storm like that if it could have been avoided?

well said